Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

How can anybody

13,799 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Collective
CoachLB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who knows even a small amount of football watch this team play and want to keep Sumlin and this staff? This is year 6 and it is the same. We are poorly coached in just about every phase if the game. The fans are Charlie Brown and Sumlin is Lucy. We think we going to be better every year. And just when we get hope he pulls the ball away. I have been on the "we need a change" bandwagon most of this season. Even if we won out. We are just not a fundamentally sound team. Any coach or former player knows this. We have talent. Just not well coached talent. And at this point as long as it is a proven coach or one of the good young head coaches I feel we will be better off than we are now.
FishingAggie
Two games. Just hold on.

We will be good next year. It' exciting
Picadillo
It appears Sumlin needs the best QB in the nation from year to year to win consistently with his system.
Loco84
AG
The really sad part is that he gets $10mm walking out the door for totally sucking at his job.
HossAg
AG
That's not his fault.
Hamburger Dan
Preaching to the choir, coach.
TMF
AG
It's money from stupid silly money from BMA. Just want a real coach and not a stupid smuck. This includes every single coach. I don't want to see Turner or chief or any of these guys next year.
MCAg19
But he's a really good dude and he's the same dude he's always been...
O'Doyle Rules
AG
A better recruiter than Mac brown and a better game day coach than bob stoops
cedar
I hope he's fired next Saturday after Lsu pounds us for the sixth straight year. He's a sorry coach. Period.
CoachLB
I try to not say much about coaches. But reading where people want to keep him and being reminded of how bad it is watching this stuff pushed my button.
Heisenberg01
AG
It's sad it took you till this season to realize this. I hoped a coach would be able to see this at the point as the average fan.
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

I hope he's fired next Saturday after Lsu pounds us for the sixth straight year. He's a sorry coach. Period.
I can go for that.
FCBlitz
CoachLB said:

Who knows even a small amount of football watch this team play and want to keep Sumlin and this staff? This is year 6 and it is the same. We are poorly coached in just about every phase if the game. The fans are Charlie Brown and Sumlin is Lucy. We think we going to be better every year. And just when we get hope he pulls the ball away. I have been on the "we need a change" bandwagon most of this season. Even if we won out. We are just not a fundamentally sound team. Any coach or former player knows this. We have talent. Just not well coached talent. And at this point as long as it is a proven coach or one of the good young head coaches I feel we will be better off than we are now.

Completely agree!
Liquid Wrench
CoachLB said:

I try to not say much about coaches. But reading where people want to keep him and being reminded of how bad it is watching this stuff pushed my button.
A significant number of posters on this board only care about keeping their home attendance streak going and tailgating with their families or getting lit to that bumping music the DJ is spinning. On-field results are not that important to them.
CoachLB
I coach. I am from a family of coaches. I have known this was not going to be what we want for a while. But as a coach and a guy who spends spring practices and camps with college colleges I do my best to not say they should be fired. But with people saying he should stay kind of made me say enough is enough.
Buford T. Justice
AG
CoachLB said:

I agree with everything that you stated coach.
I met Kevin during his first stint with the Ags, and he appeared as a generally good guy. I ran into him again the day of 77-0, and he appeared as a very cocky guy. During his second stint at A&M, I've run into him on a couple of occasions, and in all of those instances, he's seemed as though he is a humble, good guy. That said, I fully believe, just as with Dennis Franchione, he surrounded himself with terrible assistant coaches. That's a top 3 rule breaker in busienss, coaching, and life for that matter.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
I'm still wondering who you guys are trying to argue with. I don't see anyone asking for Sumlin back next year.
OSOB
GreatSullysGhost
He is going toe to toe with the best interim coach in the nation
Jinkies.
Roger Metzger
AG
Goodbye and Good luck, Coach Sumlin. We need to lick our wounds and move on.
Good night, Irene.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Following up on my post, Jackie Sherrill is the only A&M HC that hired the absolute best assistant coaches. R.C. inherited some of them, but only Jackie hired them. Sherm was close.
stetson
AG
Cannot argue with OP.
00AGof3
AG
CoachLB said:

I coach. I am from a family of coaches. I have known this was not going to be what we want for a while. But as a coach and a guy who spends spring practices and camps with college colleges I do my best to not say they should be fired. But with people saying he should stay kind of made me say enough is enough.

I used to play a lot of Madden and knew he should be gone last year.
Wizard
I don't have anything positive to say about our football program
Deputy Travis Junior
If you don't have first hand knowledge you shouldn't be posting this. Who's to say that the recruit's parent wasn't simply mad because his kid didn't get an offer? There's no telling.

Sumlin is gonna get s**tcanned because he isn't a good coach. The end. No reason to drag his name through the mud. It's the sort of thing that an angry, immature boyfriend/girlfriend does at the end of a relationship. It's not enough that they simply weren't compatible. He/she has to turn the other into some sort of monster. We don't need to do that.
jml2621
FCBlitz said:

CoachLB said:

Completely agree!
Coach has it nailed.
CoachLB
I only posted that for the guy who posted "it took you long enough" I don't just post stuff about other coaches if I can help it. But yeah, I have been ready for a change for a long while.
Wabs
AG
CoachLB
Lateralus Ag
AG
Coach, you and I have had our friendly disagreements.

This isn't one of them. Agree 100%
stetson
AG
Disagree. This is part of football and it goes with the territory. There's been too many s*** shows. Some days you're the dog and some days you're the fire hydrant. Sumlin had his lauding (undeserved as is obvious now) and now he's getting his licks.
ABATTBQ87
AG
CoachLB said:

So how many state championship rings do you have?
BanderaAg956
AMEN COACH
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
Hamburger Dan
I've been a HS coach for over 30 years. What the OP said was dead on. I've coached quite a few talented players and worked with a lot of good coaches. The only ring I got, was when I got to coach in an All Star game. Dumb question.
92_Ag
AG
I'm also very ready for the Sumlin era to end.
CoachLB
LAT. You are one of my favorite posters. I have no problem with people who disagree with me. Because believe it or not sometimes I am wrong.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.