Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If we hire Jimbo Fisher, I will no longer follow A&M Football

29,521 Views | 145 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by JimAggie
offenseguru
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That video is EXACTLY the kind of coach we need! Jimbo is a ball coach. And he is better in the recruits homes than just about anybody.
wheelz
AG
12thmanfootball said:

This will be the last straw. Athletic Director's job would be in jeopardy, too!!!

Can I have your tickets?
Leander - Ag
AG
No one cares?
Ol Rock
AG
I'll be very disappointed if we spend all that money for essentially the same thing we already have.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Ol Rock said:

I'll be very disappointed if we spend all that money for essentially the same thing we already have.

How the f*** is Jimbo the same thing we already have?
aggiehawg
AG
Old news to those who actually follow college ball.
bero88
Again, if you think Jimbo is a bad hire, there is not a good hire out there unless your name is Meyer or Saban.
BanderaAg956
Good!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
Thompson
AG
LakeSurfinAg08 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

brisket-n-beer said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Jimbo isn't coming here anyway so it doesn't matter...although I personally think it wilould be great if he did

And you are okay with him turning a blind eye to rape? If we hire him, we aren't any better than Baylor.

You guys are ridiculous, how exactly did he turn a blind eye to rape? He waited for the results of the investigation and the results say that there was not enough evidence and no charges were brought

THIS. No one on this board knows any of the details of that whole ordeal. If the Tallahasse police couldn't do anything, probably because they covered it up, what was Jimbo supposed to do?
Yes, we do know many of the details of the whole ordeal. So did Jimbo. They've been published in the New York Times and elsewhere, stop sticking your head in the sand. It wasn't that the police COULDN'T do anything - they intentionally botched the investigation. Jimbo 'was supposed to' / should have kicked him off the team. Jimbo apologists on this board act like 'Jimbo was helpless to do anything.' He wasn't. He (and his apologists here) hide behind the corrupt system's decision to let it go, but even if they were right that it 'couldn't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt' (they weren't) for purposes of a criminal trial, Jimbo still wasn't incapable of kicking him off the team for 'more likely than not' violating university conduct policy, regardless of what the state, the school, or anyone else did.

The girl did everything you could ask for of a rape victim: she quickly reported it and had a rape kit performed, there was DNA, some bruising and blood, and he wasn't a 'star' player at that point. Also, the other DNA was apparently from her boyfriend who was OUT OF TOWN that night (that some of you are so eager to jump on Winston's attorney's talking points is sad). Winston had another accuser, Winston 'declined to be interviewed,' his friend deleted video evidence (reasonable inference is it was bad for Winston), the first 'statements' from them on the matter appear to be the friends' affidavits (likely drafted by Winston's lawyer who consulted with police, who did everything they could to slow down the investigation - see the links below) and one of the friends made a Facebook post indicating consciousness of guilt shortly after the night in question. That's more than enough to take it to a jury, they just chose not to in that cesspool.

Beyond a reasonable doubt is greater than clear & convincing evidence, which is greater than a preponderance (more likely than not). That's how OJ could be sued (and lose) a wrongful death suit after being 'acquitted' by a jury (by the way, Winston and FSU have both settled civil suits with the victim). Jimbo had far more than enough to kick him off the team. The fact that no one else in that cesspool did the right thing didn't make it ok for him to turn a blind eye to it so he could win a game.

Jimbo's a scumbag, and decent Aggies will raise hell if they try to bring him here. Fire Jimbo, fire the athletic director, fire anyone who helped make it happen. Particularly given recent events in the news, I can't imagine they'd be that stupidly myopic. A&M can never value winning a game above a woman's life. We're not Baylor or Florida State.

And some of you (I'm disgusted to say far more than I thought possible) need to read your own defense of Jimbo and then go read old posts on Baylorfans around the time the rape scandal was coming out. See if you can tell the difference between your posts and theirs ('player X wasn't found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt yet, the coaches were helpless to do anything!'). I can't, and outsiders who aren't deluded won't be able to either. In some ways it's worse here, because their fans were trying to defend their school after the fact and just refused to see the truth. You people are willfully choosing to pursue a scumbag like that to maybe win a game.

If it's a choice between losing every game from here to eternity and condoning rape and rape enablers, it should be an easy decision. I'm not going to ask what you'd choose - I'm afraid to see your answer. In any event, it's not a choice between losing or scumbag Jimbo. It's a choice between losing, scumbag Jimbo, or dozens of other good coaches who can win without enabling rapists. The following links include much of what he chose to ignore - I'm betting it won't matter to a lot of you apologists though.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/04/16/sports/errors-in-inquiry-on-rape-allegations-against-fsu-jameis-winston.html

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2016/01/25/florida_state_pays_landmark_title_ix_settlement_over_alleged_jameis_winston.html

[friend deleted video]
https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/bmwev5/jameis-winston-quarterback-accused-of-rape

[public defender who's faced prosecutions based on less evidence]
https://deadspin.com/why-i-believe-jameis-winstons-accuser-1479782169
Azeew
Who cares?
Jawbreaker
This is bait.
J-Licious
AG
His response to the fan was inappropriate, but his sentiments afterwards in the interview are right on. Support the team, players, and coaches.
MagnumLoad
Let's just BEAT THE EVER LIVIN', EVER LOVIN', COMPOUND, COMPLEX, FIGHTIN' TEXAS AGGIE HELL OUTTA OLE MISS! There.
I hate tu. It's in my blood.
Raptor
AG
12thmanfootball said:

This will be the last straw. Athletic Director's job would be in jeopardy, too!!!

Does this mean you'll leave TexAgs too?
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Ed Tom
AG
Picture OP as the dude with his arm stuck in the vending machine. Woooooooo! Sadly. he's likely a regent..
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

He waited for the results of the investigation

There was NO investigation. Not a real one, anyway.
Deputy Travis Junior
I get what you're saying, but while you're reciting evidentiary standards and more, you have to remember that Jimbo has no legal training and likely knows jack crap about criminal law. What he did know, though, is that no charges were filled and then the Florida State hearing, which was run by a retired state Supreme Court Justice, said this:

"I do not find the credibility of one story substantially stronger than that of the other. Both have their own strengths and weaknesses. I cannot find with any confidence that the events as set forth by you, (accuser), or a particular combination thereof is more probable than not as required to find you responsible for a violation of the Code. Therein lies the determinative factor of my decision."

I think Jameis very likely raped the woman. At the same time I can see how a football coach with no legal knowledge would say "you know, what? The prosecutors didn't file charges and the supreme court justice didn't find one side more compelling than the other. So screw it, I'm deferring to their judgment."

I don't like it, but it's not in the same ballpark as Briles who intentionally recruited thugs, cultivated a culture of anger, and then paid no attention to his players' behaviors.
BigBaller_Ag
HoustonAg2106 said:

Jimbo isn't coming here anyway so it doesn't matter...although I personally think it wilould be great if he did
You want to bet?

Deal is already done, you will see soon enough.

Not trolling
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Bye
JW
AG
Some serious Stockholm syndrome in Aggieland.
Method Man
Did y'all run off Curry yet?
NyAggie
AG
Quote:

Not sure if serious because that video makes me want him more.

Exactly!

After watching that, it's easy to see why he wins
GinMan
AG
12thmanfootball said:

OP kneels during the National Anthem
maroongoon95
AG
OP...... like we care. who do you wan't.....Mr. all-american good guy? Mr. Chad Morris? We need the likes of Fisher, Stoops, Miles, and Leach coaching us!!!!! You are the type of guy who loves medicre football. So go away
evestor1
Laughable that some people hold players to high moral standards. 90% of FBS belongs in a warehouse moving mattresses after high school rather than institutes of higher learning. Does no else remember these "students" in your entry level classes? There is a reason you didn't have classes with them past freshman year.

Not saying we shouldn't hold players accountable, but there is a high percentage chance they will commit crimes at an above average rate.

Stealing crabs and shouting obscenities means absolutely nothing to me. Rape does, but no one will ever 100% prove it...still seems odd that a guy of his earning potential had to rape a girl to 'get some' ... and to only rape one girl seems odd. Look no further than Hollywood to see that rarely do rapists only rape once.
ironmanag
AG
Odd how the same people ripping the OP are the same people who used Sumlins players arrests as one of the reasons for his needing termination.

Hypocritical much?
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
ironmanag
AG
maroongoon95 said:

OP...... like we care. who do you wan't.....Mr. all-american good guy? Mr. Chad Morris? We need the likes of Fisher, Stoops, Miles, and Leach coaching us!!!!! You are the type of guy who loves medicre football. So go away

Dumbest post ever. Give me Dabo or Petersen over those stains any day.

It can be done right without losing integrity.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Aggie GIGolo
AG
Bye Felicia
HoustonAg2106
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

He waited for the results of the investigation

There was NO investigation. Not a real one, anyway.

I agree but Jimbo isn't the reason for that, your anger should be at the way the police handled the investigation
oneeyedag
OP is naive on what goes on in college athletics.

Clear you don't follow the environment of of college athletics. Otherwise you know who the drunks and alcoholics are; and those that party with their players.
Titan83
AG
You'll be missed. Please leave tickets, parking pass, and ID card at security desk.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Hamburger Dan
That guy just wants to play football.
CrazyDayDuck
evestor1 said:

Laughable that some people hold players to high moral standards. 90% of FBS belongs in a warehouse moving mattresses after high school rather than institutes of higher learning. Does no else remember these "students" in your entry level classes? There is a reason you didn't have classes with them past freshman year.

Not saying we shouldn't hold players accountable, but there is a high percentage chance they will commit crimes at an above average rate.

Stealing crabs and shouting obscenities means absolutely nothing to me. Rape does, but no one will ever 100% prove it...still seems odd that a guy of his earning potential had to rape a girl to 'get some' ... and to only rape one girl seems odd. Look no further than Hollywood to see that rarely do rapists only rape once.

But coach, what do rape mean?
StickTogetherAgs
We need you OP

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.