Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

terms of Fisher's current deal with FSU?

2,310 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by merch
Spaulding
How long do you want to ignore this user?
how many years left , How much guaranteed money is left after this season, H ow big is his Buyout , What is his current salary ?

Arthur Stilwell
Anything else you want me to google for you?
Bunk Moreland
Pretty sure we pay Florida State $100 Million for the opportunity to speak to him. If he decides not to come, we get $80 million back.

If he does decide to come, we owe another $100 million to Florida State.

If Jimbo signs his contract with us in black ink, then Florida State has to pay us $300 million. If he signs in any other colored ink...ANY OTHER COLOR....then the contract is void and he returns to Florida State, but we don't get the $200 million back.

Also, there's some maroon blazer at the presser stipulation, but I can't seem to find that specific detail right now.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!
Phoenix1
Doesn't matter- nobody except his agent is saying he's coming. Woodward and the cigars were probably caught completely off guard by the reports.
hunter2012
AG
If he leaves on his own accord, FSU is only owed the contracts on the assistants. If they fire him it's tens of millions.
Spaulding
Some people probably know this without needing to google and details like buyout and guaranteed money are sometimes left out of articles. Total years left and annual salary are pretty easy to find. Things like buyout and guaranteed money will affect our ability to get Fisher. Thanks for clicking on the thread and not being helpful
Spaulding
hunter2012 said:

If he leaves on his own accord, FSU is only owed the contracts on the assistants. If they fire him it's tens of millions.
So no buyout that is helpful information
aggiehawg
AG
hunter2012 said:

The weird part is that supposedly he is being pressured to fire most of his staff anyway. If has that direction from his boss on record, how can Florida claim he owes money if he fires them and then leaves??

Kind of a screwy contract given the circumstances.
Bunk Moreland
Quote:

So, for example, if Fisher leaves, and the university retains none of ten coaches each making $500,000 on one-year deals, Fisher would owe the school $5M within 30 days. Given that many assistants are employed on two- or three-year contracts, it's likely that this buyout number could be in the $10-15M range.

A&M would be covering that cost for him should he head this way.
swc93
AG
Plus providing him with new children since apparently if he leaves the state of Florida he is not allowed to see his own children ever again.
Padre_Island_Ag
AG
There's no shortage of people who will donate children for this deal to be completed.
Let's go Brandon!

Soli Deo Gloria
merch
Don't waste your time...Jimbo is nothing more than a smoke screen. No worries fellas!
SidetrackAg
AG
swc93 said:

Plus providing him with new children since apparently if he leaves the state of Florida he is not allowed to see his own children ever again.

Is this real?!
Arthur Stilwell
SidetrackAg said:

swc93 said:

Is this real?!
I'm sure there are plenty of Aggies that will give Jimbo their first born if he comes here.
Spaulding
It seems more likely that Fisher is looking to get a raise an extension or more guaranteed money. Which is why I was curious about those aspects of his current deal. Of course in trying to improve his current deal he may get released to coach at A&M
Mort Rainey
Can we ban all Jimbo threads from here on out? Get it through your heads: he's not coming here!
MaxPower
Spaulding said:

It seems more likely that Fisher is looking to get a raise an extension or more guaranteed money. Which is why I was curious about those aspects of his current deal. Of course in trying to improve his current deal he may get released to coach at A&M
He is already ridiculously high paid. FSU's boosters would have to be A&M BMA-level dumbass to give him anything more.
Spaulding
Would you prefer Chad Morris threads or possible bowl match up threads?
merch
GeorgePlimpton is correct. I'm not sure if for the right reasons but he is correct. And this is a good thing
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.