Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Mark Dantonio huh?

4,603 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bonfarr
Balrog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not a bad idea. I'd love to see this gain some momentum if we're going to make a change.

http://roughingthewriter.com/2017/11/16/aggies-next-coach-mark-dantonio/
Schrute
Dude is 61
Balrog
AG
Schrute said:

Dude is 61
Saban is 66
NyAggie
AG
Billy has said it will not be dantonio
CapCityAg89
AG
Saban was 56 when he took over Alabama, has been there 10 and looks like another 10 ahead.

Dantonio can ****ing coach.
walton91
Why would he leave Mich State? He seems to be well liked where he is (and rather successful)

Quote:

Under the amended terms, increases have been made to Dantonio's base salary (from $2 million to $2,264,480) and his contingent annual bonus (from $286,000 to $700,000). The revised contract includes a one-time $4.3 million contingent annual bonus if he remains the school's head coach through Jan. 15, 2020. The contract remains a six-year roll over deal.
The amended contract also provides Dantonio with post-coaching employment for one year if he retires before Jan. 15, 2020, with a salary of $1 million. In addition, the buy-out provision of the contract has been eliminated if he leaves employment.
With the revisions, Dantonio's annual compensation increases from $3.67 million to $4.3 million.
http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/021916aab.html
EKG1996
AG
Good coach
Tamu_mgm
AG
Good coach but not great coach. We need a great coach in here.
Bunk Moreland
cool blog, OP!
Mr. Black
I like Dantonio a lot as a coach, but he's not an ideal fit.
dcAg
He has a "coach for life" contract at MSU. He isn't going anywhere. He and Izzo are really tight. Also a "coach for life".
Balrog
AG
walton91 said:

Why would he leave Mich State? He seems to be well liked where he is (and rather successful)

Quote:

Under the amended terms, increases have been made to Dantonio's base salary (from $2 million to $2,264,480) and his contingent annual bonus (from $286,000 to $700,000). The revised contract includes a one-time $4.3 million contingent annual bonus if he remains the school's head coach through Jan. 15, 2020. The contract remains a six-year roll over deal.
The amended contract also provides Dantonio with post-coaching employment for one year if he retires before Jan. 15, 2020, with a salary of $1 million. In addition, the buy-out provision of the contract has been eliminated if he leaves employment.
With the revisions, Dantonio's annual compensation increases from $3.67 million to $4.3 million.
Ok, I might be confused. I thought we were trying to target coaches that are well liked and rather successful? Why does any coach leave their old job to come coach in the SEC? Money? Prestige? Competing against the best? The point is, we're going to have to steal away a great coach if we want a great coach. Otherwise we're just going to gamble on a young guy trying to move up the ladder.
TX_Aggie37
AG
I like it. Pro style offense would be nice. What we got ain't working.
Stone44
AG
dcAg said:

He has a "coach for life" contract at MSU. He isn't going anywhere. He and Izzo are really tight. Also a "coach for life".
Bring both of them.
NoahAg
We're pretty much the "Michigan State" of the SEC (will always be behind Michigan, tOSU, Penn State), so it makes sense, I guess.
Nino Brown
Everyone remembers their first year of life. They just don't remember that they remember.
walton91
Balrog said:

walton91 said:

Quote:

Ok, I might be confused. I thought we were trying to target coaches that are well liked and rather successful? Why does any coach leave their old job to come coach in the SEC? Money? Prestige? Competing against the best? The point is, we're going to have to steal away a great coach if we want a great coach. Otherwise we're just going to gamble on a young guy trying to move up the ladder.
You think we are all that different from Michigan State? Hope this doesn't come as a huge shock to you, but not everyone is as enthralled with the SEC as we are, especially in Big Ten country. Sorry, but that would be a lateral move for him.
C Loves L
Balrog said:

Not a bad idea. I'd love to see this gain some momentum if we're going to make a change.

He's never been a coordinator at A&M
He's not from Texas
He does not "get" A&M

Do not want
Balrog
AG
C Loves L said:

Balrog said:

He's not from Texas
He does not "get" A&M

Do not want
So send him to Fish Camp. Problem solved.

PS: Like the article says, he was born in El Paso.
PascalsWager
AG
NoahAg said:

We're pretty much the "Michigan State" of the SEC (will always be behind Michigan, tOSU, Penn State), so it makes sense, I guess.
They went to the playoff. Who cares what they did there. Comparison already failed.

How many decades of recruiting do you think we are from the Playoff. We haven't even played in a BCS bowl in TWENTY YEARS. Michigan State is gonna fail themselves to 9-3 this year. And they're going to play more teams that will be ranked at the end of the year than we did so I don't want to hear about schedule.

We WANT to become what Michigan State is right now. We're not the Michigan State of the SEC. We're the Minnesota.
C Loves L
Balrog said:

C Loves L said:

Balrog said:

He's not from Texas
He does not "get" A&M

Do not want

You thought El Paso was in Texas?
Balrog
AG
C Loves L said:

Balrog said:

C Loves L said:

Balrog said:

He's not from Texas
He does not "get" A&M

Do not want

You thought El Paso was in Texas?
You're right. Let's see if we can find a coach in Old Dime Box.
Alpha Texan
AG
He's doing the same in a worse conference
45-70Ag
AG
I would think at this stage in his career if he hasnt left, he's not leaving. Besides, he's a South Carolina grad and never left to go back.
AggieConvert16
This is the reason everyone with a computer shouldn't be called a sportswriter!!
bonfarr
AG
AggieConvert16 said:

This is the reason everyone with a computer shouldn't be called a sportswriter!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.