Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

could the new head coach be announced as early as December 1st ?

2,404 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Class of 65
maroongoon95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Or will they make a typical aggie decision and let it ride out until it's too late, then we begin losing recruits. I forgot how long it took for fran to be announced after Slocum, and Sherman to be announced after fran, and Sumlin to be announced after Sherman? You would typically think no longer than December 5th would be a good target date to announce, so the recruiting process can get moving full speed ahead. If we land Fisher, recruiting might be a bit easier due to we could easily land some top recruits from Florida pretty quickly. Maybe even 5 or 6 right away. Just specualtion though.
rbcs_2
AG
*Assuming we are making a change.
BMX Bandit
if Sumlin is fired and the new coach isn't in place before 12/1, that means something went very badly in the coaching search & negotiations
Phoenix1
Since Sumlins buyout drops by $5 mill on Jan 1st I would not look for an official announcement on anything until after that. I'm guessing the deal will be done and we'll known prior to that though.
bluecouchstudios
AG
Phoenix1 said:

Since Sumlins buyout drops by $5 mill on Jan 1st I would not look for an official announcement on anything until after that. I'm guessing the deal will be done and we'll known prior to that though.
That's not how his buyout works. The only way it drops is if we pay it to him.
bluecouchstudios
AG
Since FSU suddenly decided to reschedule the game affected by the hurricane, Jimbo has to coach on 12/2. If Fisher is the guy, we will probably have to wait until after that week.
CrazyDayDuck
rbcs_2 said:

*Assuming we are making a change.
Where's Bayside with all that "Inside Info"?

A year ago: "We're hiring Morris"
Lately: "We're hiring someone but it isn't Morris"
In January: "We're staying with Sumlin"
CrazyDayDuck
bluecouchstudios said:

Since FSU suddenly decided to reschedule the game affected by the hurricane, Jimbo has to coach on 12/2. If Fisher is the guy, we will probably have to wait until after that week.
Yesterday it sounded like he was our guy for sure. The latest is that he may be staying with the Criminoles.

Until an announcement is made, I wouldn't waste a whole lot of energy speculating on a coaching change.

Our BORs, BMAs and AD are as disorganized and as dysfunctional as the US Senate. Both are a total clown show.
Gigemags382
AG
bluecouchstudios said:

Phoenix1 said:

That's not how his buyout works. The only way it drops is if we pay it to him.
Dangit. I thought we could make him work a month longer for $5 million less pay by just delaying his firing. Who's negotiating these contracts?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Anyone but Fisher and we might have one signed, sealed, delivered, and announced by Dec 1.

If by Dec 1 we are without a coach, then that would be a very strong indication Fisher is the guy and he's "agreed in principle" and that he just needs to coach his team on the 2nd in that last game and will be here by the 3rd or 4th.
Class of 65
AG
Forget Fisher. His ex-wife controls if he can leave FLORIDA.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.