Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Does Anyone Know If Our S&C Program Includes This?

3,772 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Threadbare
Maroon Flash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.sporttechie.com/clemson-football-hires-rise-science-improve-team-sleep/

Are we doing anything to improve team sleep? Or are our guys hanging out late in Northgate while our competitors are preparing to win?
FreezeTag
AG
Sleepy Sherman was ahead of his time!
SlackerAg
AG
Kenny Hill got plenty of sleep
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
They stay up AAAAAALLL night making S'mores and telling scary stories.
CrottyKid
AG
Most of the world could benefit from more sleep.
jokershady
AG
No sleep....too busy hanging out with their fat little girlfriends telling them how great they are

#hirethepirate
StickTogetherAgs
Champ Bailey said:

They stay up AAAAAALLL night making S'mores and telling scary stories.

Tamu_mgm
AG
Yes Sumlin and the players made several references during the off-season talking about how their sleep has been monitored.

A&M has a top of the line sports science team, it is not one of the issues with this team.
aggiecouch
OP is very generous. If I had figured out sleep monitoring is what has been holding our team back, I would have sold this information to Coach Summy for big $$$$$$, rather than posting it on a free message board.
Threadbare
When the team is not playing or practicing or attending class or studying, each player should be confined in a hyperbaric, refrigerated pod, with soothing music overlaying subliminal messages reinforcing the right practices and attitudes.

How do we know that our competitors are not doing this already? How can we hope to compete if we don't do it, too?

And acupuncture. I forgot acupuncture...
cr0wbar
AG
stayin' up all... niiiiiiggtht

if I could find you now! things would be betterrrrr
we could leave this town, and run forever!
CaveDwellinAg
AG
Threadbare said:

When the team is not playing or practicing or attending class or studying, each player should be confined in a hyperbaric, refrigerated pod, with soothing music overlaying subliminal messages reinforcing the right practices and attitudes.

How do we know that our competitors are not doing this already? How can we hope to compete if we don't do it, too?

And dry needling. I forgot dry needling...

FIFY
Maroon Flash
AG
Quote:

OP is very generous. If I had figured out sleep monitoring is what has been holding our team back, I would have sold this information to Coach Summy for big $$$$$$, rather than posting it on a free message board.

I am not a football coach. I did not imply that I knew what is holding this team back.

All I wanted was for someone who knew wtf was going on to take a few moments to answer a simple question.

Then all the smartasses jump in.
Threadbare
Maroon Flash said:

Quote:

I am not a football coach. I did not imply that I knew what is holding this team back.

All I wanted was for someone who knew wtf was going on to take a few moments to answer a simple question.

Then all the smartasses jump in.
OK, wait, I'm sorry. What I meant to say was (ahem):

"I, too, have been plagued with the concern that our lads are not slumbering properly, with deleterious effects for us on the field of testing, and hope we seek the counsel of wise and learned experts in setting it aright."
StickTogetherAgs
Really do think OP poses an awesome question

Hope we take full advantage of every opportunity to get better

(My gif earlier wasn't an attempt to make fun of OP or anything. I'm sorry if it came off that way)
TXAggie2011
AG
Stop being a dick
Threadbare
TXAggie2011 said:

Stop being a dick
I just can't win with some of you people...

C'mon, when he wearily said the thing about smart asses, he was practically requesting it....

No offense to the original poster intended.
TXAggie2011
AG
You keep saying "I" like you're the user aggiecouch who said that smartass statement in the first place...
TXAggie2011
AG
Sock?
Threadbare
TXAggie2011 said:

You keep saying "I" like you're the user aggiecouch who said that smartass statement in the first place...
Well, I certainly wasn't the only one, but I think I still qualified...
Threadbare
TXAggie2011 said:

Sock?
"Threadbare sock"

That would have been epic. Missed opportunities...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.