Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

IF we get Fisher

3,758 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Class of 65
Coward Jimbo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know it's probably a long shot but it would be a home run hire in most people's eyes

http://gridironnow.com/warning-aggies-seminole-jimbo-fisher/

It says in here that he is a great quarterbacks coach. He would work amazing with Starkel and his great arm. Also, Jim Turner is doing a good job of getting the top talent in here on the offensive line, something that Fisher has lacked at FSU. And if he can keep Gunnell from going elsewhere, this team could be scary dominant.
jenks
AG
It is good to get different perspectives. I like the fact that he would produce for us and do great things. If he sets us up to Co tend for a natty it is worth it.
Loyalty
AG
Interesting to get different takes on Fisher. Below comment comes from an article written by an FSU guy. Definitely plusses and minuses but the below comment is a character flaw that is difficult for me to take.

"Fisher also has the uncanny ability to upset even the most diehard FSU fan after losses during his press conferences. He has thrown his players under the bus coaches as well. He's made countless excuses, even playing the "we're a few inches away" card routinely this fall.

Fisher, throughout his career, has refused to put the blame on himself; now he's doing it routinely, but it doesn't feel genuine"

http://gridironnow.com/warning-aggies-seminole-jimbo-fisher/3/

aggie_accountant
AG
So, basically what that article tells me is that if he came here, we will consistenly compete with and play well against Alabama and LSU, but lose a game each year to someone like Ole Miss or Arkansas.
"Sports do not build character. They reveal it." -John Wooden
CrazyDayDuck
If his ex-wife moves to Texas, that could be good for the morale ... of the players.
Tamu_mgm
AG
It's oh so convenient for fickle fans to nitpick the negatives of a coach when he's losing (this year). Guarantee there weren't these complaints between 2010-2016 about him when he was winning 10+ games every season but one and winning 5/7 bowl games, including the Natty and a few BCS bowls.

The reason Saban gets away with his antics is because he wins so damn much, so I don't put any stock into press conferences, especially when 90%+ is coach-speak anyway regardless of the program. Just imagine how badly Saban would be destroyed in the media if he started losing 3+ games a year.
CajunAggie
AG
I don't think it's a long shot for us to get Fisher. A&M is at least as good as the FSU job and probably better.
Nino Brown
CrazyDayDuck said:

If his ex-wife moves to Texas, that could be good for the morale ... of the players.
Not cool at all
dBoy99
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

I think it would be better for ex-players of our rivals...
BAS for life
If we hire a coach coming off a train wreck losing season in the ACC, I will finally quit watching Aggie football
MagnumLoad
I'd puke
FarmersFight95
AG
BAS for life said:

If we hire a coach coming off a train wreck losing season in the ACC, I will finally quit watching Aggie football

Liar!
Triple-T
AG
Up until this 1 crappy season, Fisher has been better than Sumlin EVERY.....SINGLE......YEAR.

EOT.
Indignitas
AG
I'm starting to believe Rojo -- "It's not Fisher."

Fisher could be good. But it'd have to be like Star Trek II where Spock's human side dies. I mean Fisher's Briles side (cf. Rapeis) would have to die (or be excised or exorcised) before he could find success here. And this is as much a practical concern as a moral one. We absolutely still live behind a burnt orange media curtain, and we therefore cannot afford even the smallest of steps astray.

I think Fisher is either a head fake or the first of a double head fake. Meaning I think Woodward is large & in charge and will give us all a happy, tummy-tickling, toe-curling surprise, some time in the next 60 days.
swc93
AG
Quote:

play well against Alabama and LSU, but lose a game each year to someone like Ole Miss or Arkansas.

So, kind of like OSU in the Big 12.
maroongoon95
AG
Let me guess....someone is about to post "he's not a good fit here at A&M."
Ian Neff
AG
Let's just get Frost and win.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Fisher is trash.
Deputy Travis Junior
I have mixed feelings about the moral side. I feel like he should have done a lot more about Jameis, yet at the same time realize that the Tallahassee PD did a horrific job on the investigation, so the hard evidence wasn't there. I don't know what the right answer was.

As far as recruiting and coaching, he'd be a home ****ing run. In 8 years (Including this season), he's won a national championship, had 3 more top 10 finishes, and had 3 ranked 11-25 finishes. That creates far more credibility than some flash in the pan mid-major. He's stayed at the top for a long time.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

And if he can keep Gunnell from going elsewhere, this team could be scary dominant.
Don't worry. We won't be
Amazing Moves
fighterbull said:

Up until this 1 crappy season, Fisher has been better than Sumlin EVERY.....SINGLE......YEAR.

EOT.

He is a fantastic play caller. Believes in stout defense and has a Natty. He's #1.
aggieclay
Fisher ain't coming here!
Jason Stegent
AG
Yes he is. It's almost a certainty that he's coming here. He'll be announced within a week after the LSU game. Watch
BostonAg74
The only satisfaction Aggies ever get from football is the joy they get from firing a coach and overpaying for the next guy they hire. So enjoy this time, because it will be five years or so of disappointment before the Ags get to enjoy this feeling again.
Showstopper
AG
Jason Stegent said:

Yes he is. It's almost a certainty that he's coming here. He'll be announced within a week after the LSU game. Watch
Holy crap it's TheStege!
Agsuffering@bulaw
Most coaches are ugly, controlling people who put up good fronts. Sumlin threw KA under the bus. We're not hiring a new pastor.

I want a winner. As long as he does not bring shame to the program (like murders, rapes, or NCAA sanctions) I dont care if he is a bad person.
mshipp88
Tamu_mgm said:

It's oh so convenient for fickle fans to nitpick the negatives of a coach when he's losing (this year). Guarantee there weren't these complaints between 2010-2016 about him when he was winning 10+ games every season but one and winning 5/7 bowl games, including the Natty and a few BCS bowls.

The reason Saban gets away with his antics is because he wins so damn much, so I don't put any stock into press conferences, especially when 90%+ is coach-speak anyway regardless of the program. Just imagine how badly Saban would be destroyed in the media if he started losing 3+ games a year.

nailed it.
Class of 65
AG
Fisher has legal problems in moving from Florida, He may not be able to leave Florida unless his ex-wife agrees to another divorce settlement. So quit talking about Fisher.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.