Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Florida, Tennessee, and Nebraska.

4,756 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by rbcs_2
wyattearpsghost
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ASSuming Nebraska's head coach position will be open at the end of the year then those schools have 3 significant advantages over us in attracting a quality coach.

1. They have all won national championships in most of our lifetimes.
2. They all play in divisions where there is no coach named Nick Saban or Urban Meyer.
3. The school names all begin with "The University of".

OK, OK. I'm just joking about that last one, lol.

Ian Neff
AG
We are the best.
No one has an innate advantage over us.
We are without question the best.

CrazyDayDuck
Supposedly we already have our guy.

A natty is inevitable.

Or a bunch of broken chairs in luxury suites.

One or the other.
redd38
AG
Yeah, but we have ugly statues... So we've got that going for us.
CrazyDayDuck
And we have the pimp stick.

Hopefully that tradition will not be lost.
aeroag14
AG
1) No one gives a crap about Nebraska anymore. They have been completely irrelevant in one of the weakest divisions in cfb since they moved to the big 10. The shine is off of Nebraska. They are in the middle of no where with no major recruiting hubs that they can control or even have easy access. Tennessee has been a cluster since Fulmer left.

2) Tennessee Still has to play Saban every year.

3) Florida just ran a coach off a coach because he lost to saban in Atlanta in back to back years, sooooo....

4) I can guarantee you that exactly zero recruits remember anything about Nebraska or Tennessee national titles. Honestly, some of them probably dont even remember Floridas nattys.

but nice try there buddy
malenurse
AG
wyattearpsghost said:

ASSuming Nebraska's head coach position will be open at the end of the year then those schools have 3 significant advantages over us in attracting a quality coach.

2. They all play in divisions where there is no coach named Nick Saban or Urban Meyer.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
Basketball and Chain
AG
Lol to anyone saying the Nebraska job is better than ours. Seek help.
wyattearpsghost
Some of you guys are taking my post WAY too seriously.Lighten up.
Hamburger Dan
Nebraska is in an easier division / conference, but their recruiting base is lacking. Florida is a better job than aTm, for many reasons. Aggies and Vols are somewhat comparable - too close to call.
Maroon Flash
AG
Last time I checked, McIlwain got a smaller paycheck than Sumlin, won his side of the conference and was both hired and run off during Sumlin's tenure.

wtf are you talking about better job?

And Knoxville is situated right in the middle of that recruiting hotbed of the Smoky Mountains.

Get real.

wyattearpsghost
Again, sorry I brought the thread up. Some of you got that it was light-hearted on my part, and others took it seriously.

Excuse me.
cr
wyattearpsghost said:

Nebraska still has to go through Meyer or the team that beat Meyer.
Hamburger Dan
Tennessee is The school in the state for CFB. In a better division for success (East Division). They also generally recruit heavily from Georgia & Florida areas. Have won Championships in the modern era. Big ass stadium. And Peyton Manning says hi.
Basketball and Chain
AG
wyattearpsghost said:

Again, sorry I brought the thread up. Some of you got that it was light-hearted on my part, and others took it seriously.

Excuse me.

So it was pointless and not meant for actually discussion. Seems to be a theme around here.

We need a Flame forum.
JoeCephas1974
redd38 said:

Yeah, but we have ugly statues... So we've got that going for us.
Which is nice!
howdy2u
AG
wyattearpsghost said:

We are The University of Texas A&M University. They said so at Joel's awards ceremony.
headshrinker
AG
aeroag14 said:

1) No one gives a crap about Nebraska anymore. They have been completely irrelevant in one of the weakest divisions in cfb since they moved to the big 10. The shine is off of Nebraska. They are in the middle of no where with no major recruiting hubs that they can control or even have easy access. Tennessee has been a cluster since Fulmer left.

2) Tennessee Still has to play Saban every year.

3) Florida just ran a coach off a coach because he lost to saban in Atlanta in back to back years, sooooo....

4) I can guarantee you that exactly zero recruits remember anything about Nebraska or Tennessee national titles. Honestly, some of them probably dont even remember Floridas nattys.

but nice try there buddy
Thanks for your guarantee. Now get back on your Lithium.
BanderaAg956
Ian Neff said:

We are the best.

Sunshine is drinking again.
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
Flexbone
Florida and A&M are absolutely on par. I have degrees from both.
Flexbone
CrazyDayDuck said:

A natty is inevitable.

One or the other.

You are such a self loathing beatdown. Shut the **** up.
halfastros81
AG
Florida is debatable for sure. Tons more issues with roster but many positives as well.

Tennessee has gone through 4 coaches in 9 yrs. it's a demonstrated hornets nest. Lots of positive to be sure but lots of issues too.

Nebraska .... please
45-70Ag
AG
Flexbone said:

Are you talking academically?

Because athletically, they're nowhere in the same league.
Kceovaisnt-
AG
Tennessee may be in the east division but they still play Bama every year. You remember cross division rivals yes? Playing the old "I didn't actually want you guys to talk about it!" card? Lol. Okay...
Maroon Flash
AG
The Tennessee stadium gets its attendance by cramming people in like sardines. Not a good place to try to fit a big white ass.

Why does Tennessee have to go out of state to recruit? Because they don't have enough in state talent. There is more talent within 100 miles of College Station than there is within the entire State of Tennessee.

Vanderbilt would take issue with you statement about Tennessee even owning the state.

Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Alabama, and Arkansas even own the city of Memphis.

Yes Florida is a very good job.

But we have a reputation for being a lot more patient with football coaches than Florida. All we have to do is offer the same or a little more money. We win that competition.
Ian Neff
AG
drevans956 said:

Ian Neff said:

We are the best.

Sunshine is drinking again.

You're free to boost all the rest.
Turkey 87
AG
Don't forget Auburn if the Gus Bus heads back home to Momma...
Phoenix1
Hamburger Dan said:

Tennessee is The school in the state for CFB. In a better division for success (East Division). They also generally recruit heavily from Georgia & Florida areas. Have won Championships in the modern era. Big ass stadium. And Peyton Manning says hi.

Plus Knoxville vs Bryan/CS
ghollow
AG
wyattearpsghost said:

I don't really see how any of these are advantages. The number one thing a coach looks at is money. Money is what drives most everything. We have the advantage in that category.

I don't want a coach who is afraid to play Nick Saban or Urban Meyer. I don't really see how winning a natty in recent history is any advantage. Look at the 'sips. Didn't seem to help them any.
So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can only be persuaded, never forced. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.
CrazyDayDuck
Basketball and Chain said:

It was ... 20 years ago.

The move to the B1G killed their recruiting pipeline to Texas though.

Although the Cornhuskers would probably make that same move again due to their hate of tu. God bless them.
CrazyDayDuck
Flexbone said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

A natty is inevitable.

One or the other.

You are such a self loathing beatdown. Shut the **** up.
I'm glad you take yourself seriously, because nobody else does.

Tamu_mgm
AG
Basketball and Chain said:

Correct. Nebraska is in no way, shape, or form a better program than A&M.
Aggie85-Mom11
AG
2 Things that Drive Top-Level College Coaches:

1. Opportunities to be highly successful in Strong Recruiting, Facilities, Large rabid fan base, TV contracts & Winning - both Conference & National Championships.

2. Opportunities to advance their career goals, coaching legacy, ego & financial position.

All of this is available at Texas A&M "Right Now".

So NO agent for any premier coaches is not going to listen and propose back to his client - When the Texas A&M's search committee Calls.

rbcs_2
AG
Irish_Man said:

Flexbone said:

Are you talking academically?

Because athletically, they're nowhere in the same league.
Hmm...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.