Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Somebody convince me to go to the LSU game.

5,750 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by tjack16
BTHOB-98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JohnnyG3 said:

I would be taking my girlfriend

We have rules sir!!!
No Spin Ag
agnatgas said:

Thank you...
92_Ag
AG
pudge
Sq 17 said:

jbeaman88 said:

To see another FTAB drill at halftime!
dont think they are letting band march

As a Texas Tiger, I will throw a fit if the FTAB isn't allowed to march in Tiger Stadium. I look forward to seeing them march.
twk
AG
pudge said:

Sq 17 said:

jbeaman88 said:

As a Texas Tiger, I will throw a fit if the FTAB isn't allowed to march in Tiger Stadium. I look forward to seeing them march.
I think that they will be marching. Otherwise, they would only be sending a pep band (which is what they are sending to Oxford on Saturday).
jbeaman88
AG
Correct, confirmed by bugle rank son they will march at halftime.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

I despise their fan base and don't want to get into a fight.
If you're the kind of person who goes around looking for a fight, you might be the problem.
If you have a problem with people yelling "Tiger Bait" and razzing you a little, then don't go.
EKG1996
AG
Exhibit A:

2007 Texas vs Texas A&M game

Tjohnston91
AG
You should go IF, you and your girlfriend are willing to sacrifice your life for the greater good of A&M. Otherwise, don't bother traveling to that s*** state, with an even worse school. Sorry for speaking the truth but, if the entire college football nation agrees that LSwho has an a******* of a fanbase, well...its not much of an opinion anymore, is it? That's what I thought.
(Removed:11023A)
AG
Seanzy2012 said:

Lol @ the fight comment. We've got a live one fellas. Gonna beat up Johnny Tiger and 30k of his closest friends.

While you might get some cheeky comments, nobody is going to tackle you to the ground or spit on you.

You can ignore them or you can be what is wrong with our country.

Have you ever watch the Aggies play there at night? I have, and you couldn't be farthest from the truth
tjack16
AG
According to the game Notes on the LSU website The Aggie band will be performing at halftime

per LSU website

Senior Tribute

Guest Captains: TBD
Recognitions:
2017 LSU Football Senior Class
Letterman Game (L Club Tunnel)
Sturlese Scholarship
Halftime: Golden Band from Tigerland; Texas A&M Band

Seanzy2012
AG
andyv94 said:

Seanzy2012 said:

Lol @ the fight comment. We've got a live one fellas. Gonna beat up Johnny Tiger and 30k of his closest friends.

While you might get some cheeky comments, nobody is going to tackle you to the ground or spit on you.

You can ignore them or you can be what is wrong with our country.

Have you ever watch the Aggies play there at night? I have, and you couldn't be farthest from the truth

Why yes, yes I have.

Got the occasional "tiger bait" but that was it. Joked around with them a little and got free beer.

If you can't take some verbal razzing then maybe you shouldn't go to BR, but it's really not a big deal.

If you are being uptight then you are probably going to get messed with, simple as that.
halfastros81
AG
Iv'e been there for 3 Aggie-LSU games . It's top
Flight. Different experience than a visitor coming to A&M to be sure but I never experienced any trouble. I have talked to some that suggest an unmarked
Car or uber to Tiger Stadium. Even better go
To the game with
Some LSU folks

rsemingson
There is a Waffle House on every corner!! Never seen so many.
Loyalty
AG
Who are you? And why should I convince you? Ok.....Don't go.
ag-bq-seventy
AG
agnatgas said:

Gumbo at the tailgate

So, they use a septic tank in their gumbo preparation?

Figures.
ag-bq-seventy
AG
agnatgas said:

Looks like a Photoshop. Maybe because it is.
lotoarmy
AG
2thFixinAg said:

Only want to watch a guaranteed win against Nicholls State, new Mexico and ULALA? Those are the games to skip. Not the competitive ones.
"competitive"????
Last of the Old Army
lotoarmy
AG
twk said:

pudge said:

Sq 17 said:

jbeaman88 said:

I think that they will be marching. Otherwise, they would only be sending a pep band (which is what they are sending to Oxford on Saturday).
Actually, I think the LSU fans did throw a fit when we didn't get to march last time because of a NFL like halftime. They appreciate and love our band.
Last of the Old Army
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
kevmiller said:

Agnzona said:

Op, ever been hit in the head with an empty bottle of Jack? Is that on your bucket list?

Guarantee this didn't happen
You lose.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
ag-bq-seventy said:

agnatgas said:

Looks like a Photoshop. Maybe because it is.
Like Ags care.
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
I'm going. It's a ****ing great time.

I tailgate with a "krewe" there, and when we show up, they let us drink all of their booze, eat their food, and even take over the DJ tent from time to time. Yes, they have a DJ.

Don't be a snatch, and come have fun!
CampingAg
AG
Been to LSU three times, and nary a bad experience to be had (besides the scores of course). The fan who dresses like a priest and has the LSU hearse and coffins sprinkled "holy water" on me as we walked by. I was a good sport about it, he ended up showing us around his setup and letting us stay for dinner.

If you can't have fun with the Cajun people, I don't know how to help you.
tjack16
AG
Basically just don't start anything with them, also don't have a thin skin. Their fans aren't that bad. I went in 2015 (junior year) with my younger brother who was 15 at the time. We got the "Tiger bait" yelled at us, but that was about it. Had zero issues, great tailgating and food, and the drive wasn't too bad.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.