Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Arkansas AD fired

10,918 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggiehawg
HustlerAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggiehawg said:

aggiehawg said:

EKG1996 said:

I don't see Gus going to Arkansas unless Bama crushes them and the Auburn fans throw a fit.

Maybe Chad Morris? Mike Leach at Arkansas would be fun.

Things have been rocky for Gus at Auburn for a couple of years now. Had he lost that Georgia game and Bama this year he most likely would have been fired anyway.

The bigger hurdle is Arkansas getting an AD, not an Interim AD and certainly not a woman. That's an unforced error on the university's part, IMO. They knew Long was likely gone for over a month. Should have had another AD lined up for a quick hire within a few days of Long's termination. Naming the Interim just delays things from progressing.

There are a few people that they could hire as AD that Gus would be comfortable with, I think. The timing may not work, however.

If they can get the timing thing to work, Gus and Christie go home, from what I'm seeing.
Quoted myself because I hadn't thought it through, nor talked at length with The Hubs' Arkansas contacts.

Naming the gal from Indiana as Interim AD WAS part of the plan. She gets a very nice resume addition and the folks that want Malzahn get their target.
Game of Thrones: Razorback edition.
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Game of Thrones: Razorback edition.
Oh hell, Malzahn was playing that in 2007. He lost back then. We'll see if he makes the comeback. Odds right now are that he does. He's Cersei.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.