Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Sumlin will finish 9-4 and get an Extension

10,535 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Hamburger Dan
Post removed:
by user
BanderaAg956
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Put your money were your mouth is ... how much are you willing to bet?
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
The Real Maroon Blood
AG
I don't know how you fire him if we beat Ole Miss AND LSU. Both away conf games, and finish 8-4 Reg season, 5-3 in conf.
Alpha Texan
AG
I'll have whatever he's drinking!
HoustonAg2014
AG
I'll bet you $50k on it. - Soup
Post removed:
by user
ccolley68
AG
I think in other years under other circumstances, that would have been enough to save his job. I think this time though, his fate is already decided. Starkel could put up Heisman stats the next 3 games, defense put up shut outs, and we blast all of our opponents, and he's still gone.
-------------------------------------------------------

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop"

Aggie
AG
The Real Maroon Blood said:

I don't know how you fire him if we beat Ole Miss AND LSU. Both away conf games, and finish 8-4 Reg season, 5-3 in conf.

Because the SEC this year besides 3 teams is absolute garbage.
And I say 3 because Georgia is a good team... But vastly overrated
Class of 65
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

In all seriousness I think this probability is much higher than most think.
Based on what
Threadbare
SoupNazi2001 said:

Thank goodness. I was worried we would lose them both...
MetoliusAg
So...not taking Stidham was just a dream I had?
HoustonAg2106
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

How so?

Unless by much higher than most think you mean 10% I don't follow

We're gonna be big underdogs at LSU
technoviking
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

We are perfectly capable of beating Ole Miss and LSU and then winning our bowl game. If he does this our BMAs will panic and give him an extension because we finally beat LSU have our future QB and are talented and "young".

The weeping and gnashing of teeth in this place when it happens will be a sight to behold.
you do realize coaches are usually fired after the regular season, not after the bowl game, right?
HoustonAg2014
AG
Shhhh don't tell him that! I want him to take my bet first!
Spyderman
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

We are perfectly capable of beating Ole Miss and LSU and then winning our bowl game. If he does this our BMAs will panic and give him an extension because we finally beat LSU have our future QB and are talented and "young".

The weeping and gnashing of teeth in this place when it happens will be a sight to behold.
agdaddy04
AG
ccolley68 said:

I think in other years under other circumstances, that would have been enough to save his job. I think this time though, his fate is already decided. Starkel could put up Heisman stats the next 3 games, defense put up shut outs, and we blast all of our opponents, and he's still gone.

If that's the case then our pool of candidates that would actually want to take on those expectations becomes extremely small. I think most people are open to Sumlin not returning because they don't see your scenario playing out.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Do people really believe Sumlin hasn't been given his 45 day notice of retention? If so, that's amazing to me.
PikesPeakAg
AG
Jimbo loses starting QB -> he wins 3 games
Sumlin loses starting QB -> he wins 5 games.

As much as you guys moan and groan 8 wins with a new qb every year is an accomplishment that few coaches could pull off. New coach, new philosophy and we likey dont see 8 wins or more next year. With starkel at Qb we are closer with Sumlin than starting from scratch. Smart move is stabilty and keep moving forward with current contact leaving 1 yr in deal with options.

Nothing guaranteed in any new hire. Funny to see people in the Zoo asking others to pay every couple years for a new coach. I asked my Bama friends how their lives have changed with all the NC's. Answer -it hasn't. No increase in pay. Kids, wife , etc ... no different . It's just fun come fall. No life changing difference but you guys are asking other people to pour their millions into this. Get real.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
NyAggie
AG
Quote:

7:24p

Maybe to win the last 2, but billy said on his radio show yesterday that even if sumlin wins the last two the chances of him being retained are really slim
Agsrback12
I guess you can argue that Sumlin gets credit for Banks' bowl win.
TXAggie2011
AG
Quote:

Nothing guaranteed in any new hire. Funny to see people in the Zoo asking others to pay every couple years for a new coach. I asked my Bama friends how their lives have changed with all the NC's. Answer -it hasn't. No increase in pay. Kids, wife , etc ... no different . It's just fun come fall. No life changing difference but you guys are asking other people to pour their millions into this. Get real.
1) Football isn't "just some fun in Fall" for many folks in Alabama and elsewhere. Get real.

2) Wealthy donors pour millions into college football all over the country. They created this monster for themselves and its not because the poor folks on the internet "asked for it." Get real.
Tripacer
Good grief. The decision will be made before the bowl game.
FishingAggie
technoviking said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

you do realize coaches are usually fired after the regular season, not after the bowl game, right?

Lol. Crickets.......

I think the light might be coming on
Oilfield Aggie12
PikesPeakAg said:

Jimbo loses starting QB -> he wins 3 games
Sumlin loses starting QB -> he wins 5 games.

As much as you guys moan and groan 8 wins with a new qb every year is an accomplishment that few coaches could pull off. New coach, new philosophy and we likey dont see 8 wins or more next year. With starkel at Qb we are closer with Sumlin than starting from scratch. Smart move is stabilty and keep moving forward with current contact leaving 1 yr in deal with options.

No coach is going to stay on a 1 year contract. Coaches want stability and that won't come from a year to year contract. Opposing recruiters will use that stuff against you big time.
Oscar Diggs
AG
Tripacer said:

Good grief. The decision will be made before the bowl game
The decision has already been made, With the new early signing period, new coach has to hit the ground running on LSU +1.
Sunshine State Ag
Not happening so don't worry.
Tripacer
I suspect this as well. Too much smoke to suggest otherwise.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Oscar, if I could buy you a drink right now I would. You are one of the few logical people out there that can connect the dots... I applaud you. Let's see if others catch on.
Post removed:
by user
RAB83FM
Oscar Diggs said:

Tripacer said:

Good grief. The decision will be made before the bowl game
The decision has already been made, With the new early signing period, new coach has to hit the ground running on LSU +1.
Not a lot of talk about this point on these boards. There are 24 days to Dec. 20th after LSU, we can not afford to wait on a decision.
Joe Exotic
AG
Sumlin is not returning
85AustinAg
AG
Boy some of you guys aren't paying attention at all. Haven't enough folks on here said he's done for you to believe it? There's no link, there's no presser but enough of the right posters on here stating he's done means.. he's done.

You are reading the wrong threads and paying attention to the wrong posters if this hasn't registered yet.
Matsui
AG
Very slim chance he returns.
MagnumLoad
That's my hope
Post removed:
by user
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.