Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If Morris didn't go to A&M

9,689 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BigOil
ElephantRider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Would the opinion of him be different on here? I feel like a lot of people don't want him for that reason
ironmanag
AG
Yes.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Texagsubscriber
We wouldn't know he existed.
Drew_Hill
would he still have a 13-20 record as a head coach? If so, then my opinion would be the same.
Ulrich
Given that a lot of schools that he didn't attend have been watching his career with interest, I'm sure he would be a frequent mention here. The luster is fading though.
bluecouchstudios
AG
Texagsubscriber said:

Pretty much.
Joe Exotic
AG
Texagsubscriber said:

Our fans are so stupid it hurts
ElephantRider
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Texagsubscriber said:

Our fans are so stupid it hurts

This.
EMIN was WOW!
Get ready for Aggie Chad to take the reigns and the Texags cognoscenti to tell you how we got the next Urban even though his best season is not even as good as Meyer's worst season as HC.

Then just wait until they spin how Van Malone is going to bring back the WC with him.
ElephantRider
AG
Rosy Finch Boy said:

Get ready for Aggie Chad to take the reigns and the Texags cognoscenti to tell you how we got the next Urban even though his best season is not even as good as Meyer's worst season as HC.

Then just wait until they spin how Van Malone is going to bring back the WC with him.

What was Dabo's best season as an HC before he took the Clemson job?
Eike Mlko
Drew_Hill said:

would he still have a 13-20 record as a head coach? If so, then my opinion would be the same.
dumb example. It takes a couple years to get in your guys and system. He has everyone elses rejects and still competes with TCU and other big schools.
HoustonAg2106
AG
ElephantRider said:

Would the opinion of him be different on here? I feel like a lot of people don't want him for that reason

I feel like a lot of people want him BECAUSE of that reason
EMIN was WOW!
ElephantRider said:

Rosy Finch Boy said:

What was Dabo's best season as an HC before he took the Clemson job?
Yes Morris is going to be next Dabo Swinney. How foolish of me. Let the deifying of a coach whose best season is 7-5 (maybe) begin.

Quote:

I feel like a lot of people want him BECAUSE of that reason
Of course they do. If he did not go here, he would not even be at the top of the list of coaches being considered with 3 years or less of being a HC. Hell he is not even the best prospect in the AAC with 3 years or less of HC experience.

ElephantRider
AG
I think he'd be a great hire and it had nothing to do with the fact that he went here. I think he's going to be a great coach for somebody, and I hope it's us.
HoustonAg2106
AG
ElephantRider said:

I think he'd be a great hire and it had nothing to do with the fact that he went here. I think he's going to be a great coach for somebody, and I hope it's us.

I don't think anyone would be upset if we end up hiring him, he just shouldn't be so high on the list...if he's the best option of coaches that would consider coming here then so be it
The Collective
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

I don't think anyone would be upset if we end up hiring, he just shouldn't be so high on the list...if he's the best option of coaches that would consider coming here then so be it

This is how i feel. I am afraid this will turn into another of those national searches that never finds its way outside of DFW.
GoodOldAgs
CJS4715 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

I don't think anyone would be upset if we end up hiring, he just shouldn't be so high on the list...if he's the best option of coaches that would consider coming here then so be it

This is how i feel. I am afraid this will turn into another of those national searches that never finds its way outside of University Park.

FIFY
TAMU74
AG
Texagsubscriber said:

This
Joe Exotic
AG
Didn't Fran come from out of state? How'd that turn out?
DrZ
AG
2/3's of his coaching career was in the high school ranks. 3 years at a good program.
He has a weaker resume than any head coach we have ever hired.
If he had not gone to A&M he would be losing our minds with this talk.
GoodOldAgs
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

So because of one OOS coach who didn't work out we shouldn't hire OOS coaches? Your logic is so stupid it hurts.
Joe Exotic
AG
GoodOldAgs said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

So because of one OOS coach who didn't work out we shouldn't hire OOS coaches? Your logic is so stupid it hurts.

No, my logic is that nothing is a certainty.
txag72
AG
Would it help if he had an Aggie Offensive Coordinator?
dannyv
AG
The only people I've seen mention where he went to school are the ones who don't want him but do want to build a straw man.
The Collective
AG
I pretty much consider Fran from Fort Worth at this point. So, we've gone:

Fort Worth
Houston
Houston
Time for Dallas?
Agsrback12
We have an advantage.

If there are indeed programs that want to hire him. Let them. If our next coach is a failure. We can call Morris home if he proves himself at Florida, Ole Miss, or whoever else wants him so bad.
SeMgCo87
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

ElephantRider said:

I don't think anyone would be upset if we end up hiring him, he just shouldn't be so high on the list...if he's the best option of coaches that would consider coming here then so be it
Not to speak for Bayside, but I think he has already posted that Morris is not the No. 1 pick, just that he is the one who is acceptable to the majority of the selectors. He did not indicate if that was high, low, medium or in-between.
SeMgCo87
AG
DrZ said:

2/3's of his coaching career was in the high school ranks. 3 years at a good program.
If he had not gone to A&M he would be losing our minds with this talk.
4 years at Clemson, all 10 wins or more.
Quote:

Stallings says hello.

He graduated A&M in 1956 or 57, and he was a Defensive Assistant coach under Bear Bryant (he followed Bear there) from 1958 to 1964, started HC @ A&M in '65. He may have been the DC for some of that span, but I can't find a quick reference that would support it. His best record was 1967, when it was 7-4, 8-4 with the Cotton Bowl.

Stallings was not an innovator, he was resourceful and fielded some very tough teams. Tough, but outmanned.
SeMgCo87
AG
Agsrback12 said:

We have an advantage.

If there are indeed programs that want to hire him. Let them. If our next coach is a failure. We can call Morris home if he proves himself at Florida, Ole Miss, or whoever else wants him so bad.
Quote:

That's not how it works!

That's not how any of this works!
MCAg19
If he had NOT gone to school here, he would only have a few threads saying that we should give him some attention, and not a few hundred. Being an Aggie has pumped his resume here way beyond what it should. I've watched and hoped we could have someone home grown that would be awesome, but IMHO, he ain't it. And yes, he may have success somewhere else, but I'm not seeing it here. It's funny, anybody remember Larry Fedora? He's going to NC and then we can get him back here...haven't seen any threads calling for him. Morris might be a better choice, but I don't think he's it.
Loyalty
AG
Hope he gets the job. He's the most qualified candidate that would want to come to A&M.
ElephantRider
AG
dannyv said:

The only people I've seen mention where he went to school are the ones who don't want him but do want to build a straw man.
ElephantRider
AG
MCAg19 said:

If he had NOT gone to school here, he would only have a few threads saying that we should give him some attention, and not a few hundred. Being an Aggie has pumped his resume here way beyond what it should. I've watched and hoped we could have someone home grown that would be awesome, but IMHO, he ain't it. And yes, he may have success somewhere else, but I'm not seeing it here. It's funny, anybody remember Larry Fedora? He's going to NC and then we can get him back here...haven't seen any threads calling for him. Morris might be a better choice, but I don't think he's it.

There are way more anti-Morris threads than pro-Morris threads.
MCAg19
You're probably right, I'm just sick of all of them.
Texagsubscriber
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.