Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

3-12 against SEC West in Kyle Field

6,612 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Wes97
RomanAg11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
merch
You mean Sumlin isn't good?

Seriously though that stat alone should get him fired!
zephyr88
AG
Wow, crappy record, crappy coach... do over?
cr
LMAO

Way to go Wilson!
Texas Yarddog
AG
F'n horrible.
No Spin Ag
Obviously OP forgot about all of those feel-good participation trophy bowl games that we won with Sumlin.
fightintxaggie10
AG
Should be 5-12 if you found the arkansas games that would of been home games
Ag8086
AG
5- 12 is much better than 3 - 12. We barely beat Ark when they were bad or average at best. Pretty telling stat.
p-wonk01
AG
I'm sad
Bunk Moreland
I feel like panhandle Slim or someone needs to post and tell us that the secw home record is flawed due to arky in jerryworld and we'd have 2 or 3 more wins had it not been played in Dallas.

That's about how pathetic it is.

EDIT: oh never mind. Someone already went there. Lol.
jml2621
garc said:

LMAO

Way to go Wilson!

Muy
AG
merch said:

You mean Sumlin isn't good?

Seriously though that stat alone should get him fired!

It's such a horrific stat it should get every Ag everywhere fired from their jobs as well.
Lateralus Ag
AG
fightintxaggie10 said:

Should be 5-12 if you found the arkansas games that would of been home games

Would have or would've. Not would of.

Texagsubscriber
2 - 0 at home against SECW in 2019
NATTY OR BUST. BUST IT IS.

GIVE ME NATTY, OR GIVE ME BAS!!!
DSAG
Bama and Auburn at home won't be easy this year although we have a better chance against both than we have against Clemson/Georgia/LSU on the road.
Anything better than 8-4 regular season would be acceptable. The schedule gets much easier next year and we need to produce with a veteran team.
rootube
AG
If we are going to revive threads from '17 there better be a clucky drawing. You are playing a strange long game on this one.
Rock1982
AG
LOL
monarch
S
OMG.
Peace for Ukraine!
ashley
We will look better coached next year.
An easier schedule and better players make coaches look better.
ebag02
AG
Texagsubscriber said:

0 - 3 on the road vs SECW though
OldCorpsTerd86
AG
thanks for ruining my weekend.

I am here for the comments.
OldCorpsTerd86
AG
ebag02 said:

Texagsubscriber said:

0 - 3 on the road vs SECW though
I repeat - thanks for ruining my weekend.
I am here for the comments.
heddy Lamarr
AG
Sumlin won 20 his first two seasons at A&M, including beating #1 Bama on the road and had a player win a Heisman - Jimbo won't top that and the facility upgrades came late in his tenure. Sherman was 6-6- the year before Sumlin arrived in the Big 12. Chill, the man did a great job transitioning a bad Big 12 team into a player in the SEC.
Agvet12
AG
heddy Lamarr said:

Sumlin won 20 his first two seasons at A&M, including beating #1 Bama on the road and had a player win a Heisman - Jimbo won't top that and the facility upgrades came late in his tenure. Sherman was 6-6- the year before Sumlin arrived in the Big 12. Chill, the man did a great job transitioning a bad Big 12 team into a player in the SEC.

Sumlins claim to fame was letting JFF do shots and not coaching him
chipotle
heddy Lamarr said:

Or he took over a well polished/developed team from a coach that couldn't coach and slowly degraded from there. I think the record speaks for itself.
AG
Agvet12 said:

heddy Lamarr said:

Sumlins claim to fame was letting JFF do shots and not coaching him

I mean, sure... But it worked
OrygunAg
AG
heddy Lamarr said:

He rode Johnny football the first two years which masked his deficiencies. He may have been the best we could get at the time, we will never know. I do know that he never recruited as big as jimbo. Not even close.
jrwoodchuck
heddy Lamarr said:

So, you mean a team that couldn't do crap in the Big 12, was SEC ready it's first year in the SEC, and hasn't done crap since. Got it.
HoustonAg2106
AG
jrwoodchuck said:

heddy Lamarr said:

So, you mean a team that couldn't do crap in the Big 12, was SEC ready it's first year in the SEC, and hasn't done crap since. Got it.

I think the point is that Sumlin did a good job transitioning us to the SEC...everyone thought we would win 6 games a year at best and he never did that...we fired him because we wanted more, but that doesn't take away everything he did for us
Wes97
AG
And this is another reason I find TexAgs entertaining. Sumlin was in over his head. But he did bring a mediocre big 12 team into the SEC and was at least competitive. Which few predicted.

But TexAgs group think hates him.

On the other hand TexAgs group think loves sleepy Sherman who never pissed a drop as a head coach at A&M. And hasn't done anything since then either.

Just funny who the TexAgs group think decides to worship and who it decides to hate.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.