Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Does TAMU drop Adidas now to avoid the risk and potential association?

20,307 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TMartin
yardwhisperer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Honest question.
aggiehawg
AG
Right now we are holding our breath that it hasn't already happened here.
yardwhisperer
AG
Even if it hasn't, in my mind it would make sense to move away from Adidas.
texancanuck11
It would open the door to a Dickies jersey deal!

Scientific
AG
Adidas has exploded in popularity in the last 2 years. There's no way we drop them.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
It would be pretty sweet though if we went back to Nike and our classic look.
Gyles Marrett
Scientific said:

Adidas has exploded in popularity in the last 2 years. There's no way we drop them.
In basketball it has. Adidas in college football has a tiny footprint compared to the other major brands. Football runs the show. We wouldn't keep Adidas due to basketball popularity.
Scientific
AG
Gyles Marrett said:

In basketball it has. Adidas in college football has a tiny footprint compared to the other major brands. Football runs the show. We wouldn't keep Adidas due to basketball popularity.

That'd be like UNC football complaining about Jordan Brand. Which Adidas is now outselling.
My Dad Earl
AG
People will start talking and more and more heads will start rolling. What if this isn't only limited to basketball and is extended to include football programs as well? You think some of our coaches are ****ting bricks right now?

Either way, I've got my popcorn ready bc this is going to turn out to be the biggest NCAA scandal of our lifetime.
Rebel Yell
AG
Wasn't it Nike that could never get the maroon color right?

I honestly don't remember.
njohn87
AG
Scientific said:

hmm, I wonder if being implicated by the FBI in a major college sports scandal might slow their momentum going forward
HBCanine08
AG
risk and potential association regarding what?
Charlie Delta
Robert2014 said:

Not the nike SJW company.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Rebel Yell said:

Correct. If anyone wants purple jerseys, then by all means, let's go back to Nike.
ham98
Seems like an opportunity to ask for even more money
Brick Tamland
It's huge in high schools now. They're signing high schools like crazy and the kids are loving it.
Rebel Yell
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

Rebel Yell said:

Correct. If anyone wants purple jerseys, then by all means, let's go back to Nike.

Thanks Gramercy. It was an ugly faded purple at that.
bonfiresmoke
While we are at it, can we drop Pepsi for Coke?
spiffus
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

Rebel Yell said:

As I recall, they were also the turd burglars who designed the accursed bevel, so that's another reason not to go back to Nike.
zafzo
Heard this morning on the radio that the Adidas guy arrested previously worked at Nike. Everyone already knew NCAA BB was a mess across the board, this just brought it to the light and it's almost a given there are a lot more schools, coaches, players, agents, shoe companies involved. This is has bee going on for a LONGGGG time.

The same thing happens in football and other sports but not nearly to the extent of basketball. There is nothing in football similar to AAU basketball although I could see the 7 on 7 going that route eventually.

Heads will roll and I believe NCAA BB will be the better for it.
LSB_2002
AG
ol_army12 said:

People will start talking and more and more heads will start rolling. What if this isn't only limited to basketball and is extended to include football programs as well? You think some of our coaches are ****ting bricks right now?

Either way, I've got my popcorn ready bc this is going to turn out to be the biggest NCAA scandal of our lifetime.
This is certainly more widespread than basketball and more widespread than the 4 or 5 schools involved up to this point. Coaches are clinched tight right now!!!
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
Nike just got put on notice too supposedly. Lots of dirty laundry being hung out right now.
PlanoAg98
AG
Lately the Adidas polos have been crap. I'd prefer Under Armor.
CrottyKid
AG
I doubt the sneaker part gets into football much if at all. There are fewer surefire NFL players coming out of high school than there are surefire NBA players coming out of high school. It would be a significantly riskier investment to try to funnel a football recruit to a school who wears your brand in exchange for being able to keep that player with your brand when they go pro. That is what the sneaker part of this is.

On the other hand, the hooking of athletes up with agents may be more likely to touch football.
kentky
Did nobody else even wonder how A&M was able to sign 5 star basketball players recently when they had never done it before?
rbcs_2
AG
kentky said:

Did nobody else even wonder how A&M was able to sign 5 star basketball players recently when they had never done it before?
No because it's college basketball recruiting. Who follows that crap?
RGLAG85
AG
Robert2014 said:

Nike never could get the maroon right!

And, Nike will be implicated as well before to long.
Cuterebra
AG
Nike brought us purple tie dye jerseys and a poorly bevelled logo (that later became the university seal).

Adidas did a CtrlC-CtrlV of the Mississippi State gear, but at least we got some nice throwbacks once.

I would not oppose looking at UnderArmor or something else as long as they propose a "uniform" uniform with consistent color.
Tamu_mgm
AG
texancanuck11 said:

It would open the door to a Dickies jersey deal!

Texas 1836
AG
Charlie Delta said:

Robert2014 said:

Not the nike SJW company.
No kidding. I'd rather we go to Zips than that friggin company.

Texas 1836
AG
kentky said:

atm0812
AG
FBI raided Nike offices today.

Under Armor will be later this week. Everyone with a major college basketball presence will be investigated and likely implicated. Dirty all the way through
fightintxaggie10
AG
OP loves Fox News. Guaranteed.

The answer is no.
dragonslayer
AG
UNDERARMOUR
BlackHillsAg99
AG
I was thinking this morning that if I was an Under Armor rep I would be hustling like crazy this morning. They've lost a lot of their share of colleges and are probably working to figure out how this benefits them. Not sure if we move, but I'm betting they will have a nice deal available for anyone looking to make the switch.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.