Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Prediction: Christian Kirk...what round in the draft?

11,070 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Sq 17
Wdiss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I say Round #2 to the Giants. Why? Cause science.
AgEng06
AG
Hopefully in 2019...
TexasAggie_97
AG
Cowboys need a threat opposite Dez so maybe he can go there.
500,000ags
AG
You listen here, Kirk and Watts both gon' be first rounders.

That's all I have to say about that.
Bobcat-Ag
I would say late first round at the earliest. He is very talented and fast, although he will probably play slot in the NFL which is not something that gets drafted very high.

Of course, what do I know.
Lungblood
Late 2nd round, only due to his height.
Snap E Tom
1st round to Cleveland!
Bobby Jimbo
AG
3rd round to Texans (pls)
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
I don't see him going to the Giants considering they already have a player like him in OBJ
T264
AG
A lot of things lacking on this team due to coaching in my opinion. However- Kirk is a flat out stud football player that leaves it on the field and will be a difference maker on an NFL roster. First Rounder I truly believe
Sponge
AG
1st round to the whocaresies.
americathegreat1492
It'll depend on his 40 and shuttle times. If they're as good as we think they might be, he'll go first round, even if he's more of a slot guy. I'm thinking right now he'll run in the 4.4's. If it's low 4.4's he's set, high 4.4's and he might drop a round from the 1st.
The Debt
You think there will still be an NFL

Amazing Moves
1st
TyHolden
AG
1st round to Ravens
fightinag
2nd round to Texans
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
W
AG
the 1st round is just about a no-brainer at this point.

there are 32 first round picks and I think the WR class is not that strong. (i.e. there is not a Julio Jones or A.J. Green-type in this class)

either Kirk or Bama's Ridley is considered the top WR at the moment. OKState's Washington is in the mix too

MorgansPoint
AG
AgsMnn
AG
500,000ags said:

Watts needs to cover better
merch
First rounder, no question!
TopoTacos
AG
Likely first rounder. Teams have seen the effectiveness of explosive guys who can affect games in both the offense and special teams a la Tyreek Hill on the Chiefs. Kirk is going to be a Biletnikoff shortlist candidate and is All-American caliber in both KR and PR.

Lots of teams will be looking for his type of explosive component and I could definitely see someone like the Seahawks or the Ravens looking to bolster their receiving corps
Tamu_mgm
AG
Kirk - 1st or early 2nd at the latest.

Watts - 2nd or early 3rd at latest.
PooDoo
AG
AgsMnn said:

500,000ags said:

Watts needs to cover better

There are plenty of defensives in the NFL that don't ask their hard hitting, play making safeties to lock up in man coverage.
He'd be a steal in the 2nd round.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Kirk should go first round, probably later half because of his size and average pass-catching ability. In the past 4 drafts*, at least one 6'0" or shorter WR got drafted in the first round.

*For any cynics reading, respect. I did not select data that supported this conclusion. I was only planning to look at 3, but the 2015 class had a lot of WRs taken and I suspected it was an outlier. But the 2014 class also had a lot of WRs and confirmed the above conclusion.
Sq 17
he needs two more big plays in the return game to be a first round lock
not sure if anyone will kick to him the rest of the season. I think mid second round wont get enough targets/td's or returns to get into the 1 st round
Unless mond gets alot better his play will keep kirk from becoming a 1st rounder.
Meximan
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Kirk should go first round, probably later half because of his size and average pass-catching ability. In the past 4 drafts*, at least one 6'0" or shorter WR got drafted in the first round.

*For any cynics reading, respect. I did not select data that supported this conclusion. I was only planning to look at 3, but the 2015 class had a lot of WRs taken and I suspected it was an outlier. But the 2014 class also had a lot of WRs and confirmed the above conclusion.

I posted the same analysis some time back. "Short" guys and slot guys get drafted in the first all the time.
rbcs_2
AG
Sq 17 said:

he needs two more big plays in the return game to be a first round lock
not sure if anyone will kick to him the rest of the season. I think mid second round wont get enough targets/td's or returns to get into the 1 st round
Unless mond gets alot better his play will keep kirk from becoming a 1st rounder.
This is not how it works.
HalifaxAg
AG
3rd at best.

He will be a slot receiver, but look how he plays...he never lays out for a catch, he never runs up to catch the punt, he plays like he is afraid to get hurt. His size and that will hold his draft potential down.
suchislife
Kirk will go in the first round and Armani in the second or third round. I think I saw on the College Gameday ticker where Todd McShay predicts him to be the 10th player drafted overall.
W
AG
for the folks that don't think Kirk is a 1st round pick...might want to google 2018 mock drafts. He's in the 1st round in all of them. It really is a weak WR class
ABATTBQ87
AG
merch said:

First rounder, no question!
First round is for Left Tackles, defensive players, and 6'3" receivers
oldcrow91
AG
It would be sweet for Kirk to have a tom brady slinging him the ball with room to run.
Clavell
AG
1st round and will be happy to bring this thread up when it happens
Amarillo Slim
AG
1 - Patriots
"Real happiness comes not from getting what we desire; but celebrating what we have."
knoxtom
As long as he runs a quick 40 and shows explosiveness in his drills/tests then he should be in the middle late first. If he goes 4.55 or doesn't get a good jump, then he will drop like a stone. His production is so good, his attitude is fantastic, supposed to interview really well, and has been a NFL guy for years.

He really looks like Steve Smith, who history would have it, dominated A&M when he was with Utah.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.