Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Has there ever been a worse time to be an Aggie?

11,917 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DeepEastTxAg
Fightin2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lol There it is.
AggieFanSince1955
The Jim Myers years were pretty bad. If I remember correctly one season we beat Trinity of San Antonio by a score of 3-0 or 6-3.
Canyon99
Champ Bailey said:

Yes. Yes there has.

Quit being a vagina.
Raptor
AG
ironmanag said:

There has never been a bad time to be an Aggie.
No Ag Tag. I don't buy your propaganda.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

aeon-ag
CoolAggie said:

Quote:

Has there ever been a worse time to be an Aggie sports fan?
FIFY

Yes, ask the Ol Army Ags of the 60's and 70's. It's great being an Aggie, everyday.
Oh, YEA! Jim Myers, Hank Foldberg, Gene Stallings, those were the days, Kiddo's.
buzzardb267
AG
My first two years we won three games...total! No girls, all Corps, Aggie Jokes Volumes 1-eleventy billion....still proud to be an Aggie.
"ROGER - OUT"
VatoLocoAggie
BattleCattle said:

Terrible day. Got our butts kicked on the field and in the stands by those tceh tards.

So glad we are away from those trailer trash tortilla turds.
QB1
AG
99 in Lubbock, when we were #5 and got upset...I was there expecting a beat down, instead they tore down the goal posts, paraded through town, later I saw my high school buddy Kliff Kingsbury at a frat party surrounded by like 10 hot smoking hot woman...miserable
Two Gun Corcoran
AG
The pride I have in my University has very little to do with the success of its athletic teams...
AggieTFA06
AG
2003-2004- my sophomore year- 4-8 with Fran and 0-16 with Melvin Watkins.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
AggieBeavs86
AG
Yes, jacka$$. Someone have a tampon this guy can borrow?
OrygunAg
AG
Capt. America said:

*shrugs*

That pic pisses me off every time I see it. He was just clueless. Pos
ontheway
AG
aginlakeway said:

There is never a bad time to be an Aggie. Period.

This but why would anyone but a non-Aggie ask such a question?
ontheway
AvidAggie
AG
Uhhhh yes. Arkansas State was my first game as a student. It can always be worse. Do I expect more? Yes. Am I at least excited that we are better than that team? I guess...
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

Changing a coaches again will set us back again in wins

Staying with the current coach will set us back much farther -- almost to the point of no recovery (at least for a long time).
pv
Yes. You realized there were no women here before 1963? Yeah, I wouldn't have survived that.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Canyon99 said:

Champ Bailey said:

Yes. Yes there has.

Quit being a vagina.

I think you misinterpreted the point of my thread. It was to draw in the Chicken Little's on the board who are constantly complaining, and then show that it's not so bad right now. I should have stated Aggie Football fan though, you are right.
JJxvi
AG
There wont be anybody saying this in 2018 when we're in the final four at the Alamodome.
Agnzona
Insanity.
Agnzona
DWS88 said:

The past 5 years and current year are not even close to the worst years for A&M. Give me a break.

I sure would like to have won more games but we are in the toughest conference and toughest division of that conference in all of college football, SEC West. Everyone who thought we would simply join the SEC and automatically start winning division or conference titles are fools. Take years to build depth and get the right coaches.

Recruiting has been much improved the last 3 years and the upcoming class looks to continue. I think we now have the right coaches, a bit concerned with Mazzone, but it looks to be steady at least in year two.

Changing a coaches again will set us back again in wins, recruits, coaches, and etc. no clear and obvious candidates, just hopefuls that some might be better. Might be better is not good enough.

Care to defend your idiotic post? If he recruits so well why are we playing mostly freshman? If he and staff coaches well why are we playing freshman?

Your credentials look like nothing more than meaningless swag if you cannot see what is obvious.
Titan83
AG
Dude how often do you change your adult diapers so you can average 10.6 meaningless Texags posts per day?

Seriously. Not being sarcastic. 4-5 times per day? Or are you a poop eater?
William_C_G
AG
I remember the last years of Stallings, when we regularly lost to SMU, Rice, TCU, Baylor, etc., and had losing records regularly. I'll take what we have now.
bowhuntr
At some point in life, you realize that the success or failure of your team actually has no bearing on your own success or failure - "my team won - I'm awesome ". No, I drank beer while the team worked for that victory. Or vice versa. When you make that realization, it's easier to cope with imperfect seasons and just enjoy everything else there is to enjoy with college football like friends, beer and BBQ...and complaining about the coaching staff. Not to say leadership shouldn't be held accountable, but this perspective helps support the players the way they need to be supported as well.
Trench55
AG
Quote:

This was the time when Ags kissed their dates at every first down.
Even back then we only kissed our dates when we scored.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Trench55 said:

Quote:

This was the time when Ags kissed their dates at every first down.
Even back then we only kissed our dates when we scored.

I always tell my prostitutes the same thing.
terata
AG
In 1970 A&M win 2 games then lost 9 in a row and was ranked as one of the 10 worst teams in America. Stallings was the coach.
Class of 65
AG
Charlie Moran said:

Hank Folberg
Amen
Class of 65
AG
There was another that coached after Foldberg that was bad. He eventually wound up on Ton Landry's staff in Dallas. Sorry can't remember his name. Foldberg was the coach while I was in school.
terata
AG
EAD I think You're thinking Jim Meyers...but
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
aglaes said:

1958 - 1966 (9 yrs) Ags went 25-59-6. Most wins in any season - 4. Lost to tu all 9 yrs.

Worst season - 1948 - 0-9-1
Wrong ! We tied Tu a bowl team ! And our enemy !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
StupidPostAlert
There is NEVER a bad time to be an Aggie
DeepEastTxAg
AG
Considering this is only the second time in school history that a coach has recorded 5 straight 8+ win seasons, yes. There has absolutely been worse times for Aggie football.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.