Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Why now?

4,558 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bob Harris
AGGies0311
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What's the deal with all this pointing fingers from Hyman?

Why now is Mrs. Sumlin releasing letters that portray our school in a bad light?

Why the Cowherd commentary about our mediocrity?

This month has really made me question my Aggie pride.....
Flashdiaz
AG
most likely because you touch yourself at night
Schrute
You've never pointed your finger at a Hyman?
Windy City Ag
AG
My guess is that Sumlin and/or Sumlin's backers ran roughshod over things during the few good years of his tenure. Now that his stock has sunk so low, people are coming out of the woodwork to set the record straight or get a little payback.
AGGies0311
Never just one.

I never go gently into that dark night.
halfastros81
AG
So you're letting a bunch of BS from folks with an agenda question your personal pride as an Aggie. Your Aggie pride must really run deep.
FriscoKid
AG
Everyone can see the train wreck coming and they just want to cover it.
AGGies0311
How is it BS?

We never should have sold our souls to go to the SEC
FriscoKid
AG
AGGies0311 said:

How is it BS?

This is dumb and you should feel bad.
Schrute
AGGies0311 said:

How is it BS?

Good Lord man....how did we "sell our souls" to go to the SEC? You seem triggered about a bunch of this BS. Try some Maker's neat and let things go. Trust me, it makes things better.
VedderAg
AG
Geez OP. Your Aggie Pride is pretty weak. To answer your question though...Because 44-45 .
AGGies0311
Curry saying death to whitie, and every time we turn around theres more examples of A&M being full of racists. Won't be long before the players reach out to the media about racist comments they've received.
MaxPower
Windy City Ag said:

My guess is that Sumlin and/or Sumlin's backers ran roughshod over things during the few good years of his tenure. Now that his stock has sunk so low, people are coming out of the woodwork to set the record straight or get a little payback.
Bingo
spherical
AG
AGGies0311 said:

Curry saying death to whitie, and every time we turn around theres more examples of A&M being full of racists. Won't be long before the players reach out to the media about racist comments they've received.

Why would they do that? Have you been sending them racist comments?
halfastros81
AG
Not sure what the SEC has to do with anything you noted but by all means we'd have been much better off continuing to take it up the backside from our "friends" in Austin.
FriscoKid
AG
You sound like you need counseling. Spend some time with your family this weekend and don't watch the game or open Texags.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Bitter old man!
Irrelevant for the past 1.75 years!
Probably blame!
IF we had just had "realistic" expectations!

With the Sumlinontroversy the media finally takes an interest in what he has to say for 5 minutes. Tomorrow they will go back to ignoring him until he finally kicks the bucket. He will be a one liner on the local sports news that night, then no more.

I guess I don't understand what motivates career ADs. Most of us get that when you are in charge of other people's money, whether a taxpayer, shareholder, or client- you have responsibilities to them and they expect accountability. They expect to be part of the process. Sometimes, their emotions override our better judgment. But at the end of the day, its their money.

Most ADs at big, well-funder universities resent the heck out of it.

Interestingly, Ian McCaw at baylor was different. He knew who buttered his bread. He never came out and made condescending speaches. He begged fans to travel to the bowl games, begged them to come out to basketball games during the week, begged for more money to build the toilet bowl.

Kind of ironic that most ADs would kill (or rape) for the resources Hyman had. Hyman just resented his situation.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Schrute said:

You've never pointed your finger at a Hyman?
Yeah, the middle one.
vander54
S
OP with your post history it seems like you would like the comments of others against A&M.

I don't think I've ever seen you post something positive about the school or program.
AGGies0311
With your stalking ability are you allowed within 500 ft of a school?

There's nothing positive to say about our program.

44-45

Tied Nichols State

Losing to LALA going into Halftime............
Aggie Joe 93
AG
AGGies0311 said:

How is it BS?

Looks like you've been questioning your Aggie pride since we dared cleave ourselves from tu.
Meximan
FriscoKid said:

AGGies0311 said:

How is it BS?

This is dumb and you should feel bad.
512Ag
AG
AGGies0311 said:

How is it BS?

I wasn't for the move when it happened, but I'm perfectly happy admitting I was wrong. If you can't see that joining the SEC has been a net positive for us, even with our struggles in the league, well, you can't be helped.
Pleasant Friendly Ag
Flashdiaz said:

most likely because you touch yourself at night

POTD
aggiehawg
AG
AggieDem said:

AGGies0311 said:

How is it BS?

I wasn't for the move when it happened, but I'm perfectly happy admitting I was wrong. If you can't see that joining the SEC has been a net positive for us, even with our struggles in the league, well, you can't be helped.
Yeah, I really miss those PPV games every year. Big XII still has them.
ZEEB
AG
halfastros81 said:

So you're letting a bunch of BS from folks with an agenda question your personal pride as an Aggie. Your Aggie pride must really run deep.
Says the "half" astro
Ian Neff
AG
People who are paid to work for Texas A&M have precious little to do with how I feel about Aggies.
512Ag
AG
aggiehawg said:

There was nothing quite like forking over $80 to watch us play Iowa State at 11am with a 3rd-rate play by play crew calling the game. Those were the days!
vander54
S
AggieDem said:

aggiehawg said:

There was nothing quite like forking over $80 to watch us play Iowa State at 11am with a 3rd-rate play by play crew calling the game. Those were the days!

Oh the sweet, sweet memories.
chase128
AG
Let's update the spreadsheet that the OP is a sip lol

No real Aggie is this pathetic and erratic.
libertyag
AG
The move to the SEC was a good move and means a lot more money. We weren't world beaters in the big 12 and are certainly not in the SEC either.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
marble rye
AG
AGGies0311 said:

No worries. We have Michael Bennett already doing that but showing up for his whoop cameo on national tv.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
aggiehawg said:

AggieDem said:

AGGies0311 said:

How is it BS?

Yeah, remember that one year where we were the last team in the country to appear on tv. The Big 12 was awesome. /sarcasm
Bob Harris
And the Dildo Award for most obvious sip troll goes to...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.