Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Clarification on the Cane

7,995 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggiebq03+
C4D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My first thought was thats awesome, they have the drum majors mace. I like it.
Forgive my dumbassness but, that is the mace right? And its just being called the pimp cane.
Or is it not his mace and it was fabricated by the team?
Either way i think its awesome. Doesnt bother me at all. Let the team do their thing.
Just need clarification because i evidently missed that conversation.
EskimoJoe
It's a football bat.
Schrute
If we're winning games, it's cool as ***** If we're losing, it's a stupid ass gadget.
BigOil
AG
It was cool as flipping shat when we were up 44-10.... then not so much after that.
duffelpud
AG
Spinal Tap explains so many things in life.
"What's this button do?"
vander54
S
Schrute said:

If we're winning games, it's cool as ***** If we're losing, it's a stupid ass gadget.

This about sums it up for the masses. I for one don't care if the players like it and it motivated them then do it. They haven't played great lately but let's see how we do in SEC games.
World's worst proofreader
halfastros81
AG
I'm pretty sure it was one of the drum major's batons. Someone on here dubbed it the pimp stick and it stuck. It looked to me like when they first handed it to Trayveon he didn't have any idea what to do with it but he thought on his feet quickly and turned it into a funny situation. I thought it was funny at the time. Had it not been caught on tv cameras it wouldn't have been a big deal imo but then fast forward to blowing the lead it just looks bad.

The problem was not the "Pimp Stick" imo. The problem was blowing the lead and the way it happened. It unfolded right before our eyes and the coaching staff had no answers for stopping it. I felt pretty confident when UCLA cut the lead to 44-24 that the game was in danger. Call it BAS or whatever , that feeling was clearly justified. That's not what you should expect out of a Top Ten salaried coaching staff.
ironmanag
AG
vander54 said:

Schrute said:

This about sums it up for the masses. I for one don't care if the players like it and it motivated them then do it. They haven't played great lately but let's see how we do in SEC games.
Did you miss the second half last week or are you just ignoring it because you want to be miserable.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
halfastros81
AG
It was ULaLa, Sure , it was better that they righted the ship and blew them off the field in the 2nd half but the expectation is that ULaLa never even appears to be seriously competitive with you. Ditto Nichols State.

At the end of the day the Ags did blow ULaLa out and if your'e just looking at the game score it appears they took care of business. Those that saw the game had no explanation for the Charlie Foxtrot that they saw in the first half though.

2nd half comebacks against ULaLa or Nichol St don't translate to SEC play or apparently PAC 12 play either (UCLA).
vander54
S
ironmanag said:

vander54 said:

Schrute said:

Did you miss the second half last week or are you just ignoring it because you want to be miserable.

You seriously need help. I am not a pot banger at all. I am being realistic. We did what we should have in the second half of last game but the first half was horrible. I'm not jumping on board yet but I see that this team could do good things and I support them. The second half shows potential. Now we just need to play a complete 4 quarters.
World's worst proofreader
Dr. Teeth
AG
halfastros81 said:

I'm pretty sure it was one of the drum major's batons.
It was not.

First, there's no way in hell a drum major would have let someone else even touch their mace.

Second, General Ramirez confirmed in a former cadet group on Facebook that it did not come from the band.

That said, it was pretty much identical. I have no idea where they got it.
halfastros81
AG
If Joe said that then I believe it.

I retract my statement about it being from a drum major. It looked exactly like one though.
aTmneal
AG
It was never "cool", even when we were winning. It's dumb and little insulting to the band, whether they actually think that or not.
VatoLocoAggie
The pimp stick is our newest tradition. Even if you don't like it, just support it.

The first shipment received has all been sold out within a day. I called looking for a couple. Not sure when or if more will be ordered.

Also they are not sold as "pimp cane" or "mace" but advertised as "Ag Spirit Stick". No way a FTAB BQ would let anyone touch or take their mace.
Dr. Teeth
AG
halfastros81 said:

If Joe said that then I believe it.

I retract my statement about it being from a drum major. It looked exactly like one though.
Yeah, it did. My first thought when I saw it was "I can't believe a drum major let him do that".

BQs are real protective of their ****.
Dr. Teeth
AG
Traveon has been using the hashtag #strikeuptheband on twitter. My guess is they asked around about where the Aggie Band gets them and got one just for that little stunt.
halfastros81
AG
Quote:

First, there's no way in hell a drum major would have let someone else even touch their mace

I thought about that when it happened but I wrote it off as the drum major was on the sideline right before halftime and one or several of the players ran up and asked him for it and he got caught up in the moment or they just grabbed it from him.

WestGalvestonAggie
duffelpud said:

Spinal Tap explains so many things in life.
True words!

But still, it's a pimp STICK...
rbcs_2
AG
aTmneal said:

It was never "cool", even when we were winning. It's dumb and little insulting to the band, whether they actually think that or not.
Wow you take this stuff pretty seriously.
vander54
S
aTmneal said:

So if the band doesn't find it insulting it is still insulting to the band?

Are they just not in touch with their emotions and you are?
Potcake
AG
EskimoJoe said:

It's a football bat.

This is a football bat.
Leander - Ag
AG
I am pro cane. Win or lose
Dr. Horrible
So much misinformation on this thread...
Bob Harris
I'd prefer it be used for beatings to improve morale, like on offensive linemen for blowing assignments, receivers for dropping balls that hit their ****ing hands and for coaches that fail to adjust to a play that has roasted them more than 6 times in a row.
And we should change the name from pimp stick to dumbass stick.
Meximan
aTmneal said:

Meximan
Bob Harris said:

I'd prefer it be used for beatings to improve morale, like on offensive linemen for blowing assignments, receivers for dropping balls that hit their ****ing hands and for coaches that fail to adjust to a play that has roasted them more than 6 times in a row.

I think that's a night stick.
Post removed:
by user
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
aTmneal said:

Insulting to the band?

Oh no, how will they keep their dignity?!

ABATTBQ11
AG
Champ Bailey said:

aTmneal said:

Insulting to the band?

That's gAy Co for you...
Padre_Island_Ag
AG
The Fightin' Texas Aggie Cane Toads !!!!

Let's go Brandon!

Soli Deo Gloria
runontexas
AG
It's a New Army thing I guess
Aggie_Nuke
AG
Champ Bailey said:

aTmneal said:

Insulting to the band?

Not much dignity left to keep ! Did you see the UCLA half time performance ? Couldn't keep the lines straight, and worse still 3 or 4 BQs couldn't even find their place.

Aggie Band Dignity ?? HAHAHAHAHAHA

We need to fire the Commandant and Band "Director" at the same time we get rid of Summy !

The UCLA half time performance was as big a disgrace to the FTAB, as our performance on the field was to our football program.

The ONLY valid ANNUAL goal for ALL Aggie Sports is a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Gig'em !
FTAC '73
CrazyDayDuck
Bob Harris said:

I agree.

If Coach Sumlin wants my respect, he needs to start pimp slapping these hoes when they mess up.
WestTexAG
AG
aTmneal said:

How is it insulting, especially if it wasn't stolen from a band member? Honest question.
MyComputerCareer
They had it in fall training camp too. It was in Hops photos
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.