Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If Aggies help Jordan Moore out is that an NCAA violation?

6,099 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ABATTBQ11
PabloSerna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DMN... https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/texasamaggies/2017/09/21/arkansas-staff-member-blasts-texas-am-commit

I figure the 12th Man may do something? I'm not in the position, but some Ags are...

+GIG'EM!!
txag614
Uh yeah... don't do anything.
MicheIangeIo
AG
who is jordan moore
Post removed:
by user
impavidus
AG
yeah, let's send a trans am his way with free tickets.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I thought the whole point of the neutral field is that both teams got to bring commits. Is that not true?

If so, what is the ****ing benefit of playing 2 1/2 hours away in Dallas?
UTExan
Don't know, but this thread got deleted from the Politics Board where the usual denunciations of the stupidity of the NCAA were chronicled.

Most Ridiculous NCAA Sanctions
Pleasant Friendly Ag
Would you help him if he wasn't an A&M recruit? If your answer is no, then.....yeah.
CrottyKid
AG
Daniel Bush looks 14 years old.

Also, I am sure Mr. Moore will just buy a ticket. There will be plenty for very cheap.
Snap E Tom
Daniel Bush is a sniveling little *****.
aggiehawg
AG
Champ Bailey said:

I thought the whole point of the neutral field is that both teams got to bring commits. Is that not true?

Apparently, not. Neutral field means both teams get paid. That's it.
vander54
S
Champ Bailey said:

Teams rotate home team. Only hone teams get to host recruits.
World's worst proofreader
VinnyTAMU
AG
Or TexAgs could pull together and buy him a ticket, problem solved.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
VinnyTAMU said:

That has to be an NCAA violation.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
vander54 said:

Champ Bailey said:

I know that. But I thought neutral site games allowed both teams to host recruits.

If it's not true, why the hell are we letting Arkansas recruit Dallas every other year, with no advantage to ourselves?
VinnyTAMU
AG
Champ Bailey said:

VinnyTAMU said:

That has to be an NCAA violation.
How so? Private individuals not affiliated with the university helping a kid out?
Ag Law
I'm almost certain every single person on TexAgs is defined as a "booster" by the NCAA definition. So no, we shouldn't help him out.
Smithjg
I dont know about everybody on Texags, but if you donate to a&M, TMF, etc., i'm pretty sure you are considered a "booster" and any contact or buying him tickets IS an NCAA violation.

From the NCAA website on booster involvement, "a booster CAN NOT Provide free or reduced-cost tickets for a prospect or the prospect's relatives or guardian to attend an athletic event."

I'm SURE if I'm wrong everyone will correct me. . Best and safest bet is... Don't even consider it.....
LeonardSkinner
He should decommit, take the ticket, then find a camera at halftime and declare for the Ags.
Jimtim1216
S
Please delete user and ban thread.
Schrute
aggie kid said:

He should decommit, take the ticket, then find a camera at halftime and declare for the Ags.
Was going to say the same. If this Daniel dude wants to be punk ass *****, then decommit, go to the game, then re-commit to the Ags. Problem solved.
TripleSec
AG
Champ Bailey said:

vander54 said:

Champ Bailey said:

I know that. But I thought neutral site games allowed both teams to host recruits.

If it's not true, why the hell are we letting Arkansas recruit Dallas every other year, with no advantage to ourselves?

Have you seen Sumlin's contract? Is this a serious question?
Craigy
Arkansas didn't offer him.
95_Aggie
AG
So he already committed to A&M buts wants to attend the game on Arkansas's dime as a potential recruit?

lol
AnalogyAg
is ncaa enforcement still a thing?
NoahAg
Jordan Moore:

I love Daniel Bush's response. Be honest: If the situation was reversed, you'd feel the same.
aggiebrad94
AG
Pretty bush league on the kid's part.
Agsuffering@bulaw
The arkie desk jockie did not need to get ugly.

And seriously, why would anyone even talk about giving a recruit free stuff on a public forum! The NCAA's bylaws are so broad that just about anything can be seen as an inducement. Not to mention, the state of Texas has criminalized unlawful recruitment of athletes.

I get that it is kind of funny that our kid pissed off some arkie desk hack. But you dont joke about stuff like ths, just like you do not say things like "jihad" while going through security at the airport.
agnerd
AG
Hi, Coach Sumlin.
This is Jordan. I know you request that recruits honor their commitment, but I really want to go to the game this weekend. In light if recent events, I would like to decommit on Friday and recommit on Sunday, but I will only do that with your permission. Additionally, if there are any of Arkansas's recruits you are targeting, I'd be happy to share my reasons for committing to A&M with them on Saturday.
Thanks,
Jordan
Bregxit
AG
Smithjg said:

I dont know about everybody on Texags, but if you donate to a&M, TMF, etc., i'm pretty sure you are considered a "booster" and any contact or buying him tickets IS an NCAA violation.

From the NCAA website on booster involvement, "a booster CAN NOT Provide free or reduced-cost tickets for a prospect or the prospect's relatives or guardian to attend an athletic event."

I'm SURE if I'm wrong everyone will correct me. . Best and safest bet is... Don't even consider it.....

With the "notanotherdime" movement there are probably a lot of non-boosters around now.
Meximan
I will be surprised if Bush doesn't earn a reprimand for that remark. The negative PR is more damaging than his meager salary.
Meximan
NoahAg said:

Jordan Moore:

I love Daniel Bush's response. Be honest: If the situation was reversed, you'd feel the same.

I would be amused but I certainly would not be an a##hole in my response. A man can choose to be classy or be a jerk... he chose to be a jerk.
SECAggies
AG
Champ Bailey said:

vander54 said:

Champ Bailey said:

Are they really recruiting Dallas if they lose five years in a row to the 2nd worst team in the SECW?
Rebel Yell
AG
Pleasant Friendly Ag said:

Would you help him if he wasn't an A&M recruit? If your answer is no, then.....yeah.

This needs to be repeated.
zmurda
Wow, what a clown that guy is. Guessing he'll be out on his ass momentarily...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.