Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Hymen's Involvement with Sumlin's Contract

2,861 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aquin
DeepEastTxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hymen has some pretty strong words about the Aggie BMAs. Looks like he confirmed what is being said in here: our BMAs don't let he AD do his job and are absolutely terrible at managing the program.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article174596706.html
Ragoo
AG
Read the freaking board
ILuvAgLand
You must be very deep east to be so clueless
DeepEastTxAg
AG
Clueless? By saying Hymen confirms what is said on TexAgs?
ILuvAgLand
Actually to be fair the other thread title isn't very good
ILuvAgLand
Clueless to make s new thread, but I can see why now
DeepEastTxAg
AG
Wow I see that now. I scrolled through the first couple of pages of titles to make sure it wasn't already posted, and didn't see anything related. But I just opened the thread about the tweet... Oops. Sorry guys. That title was vague, and didn't realize it referred to the same article.
Hamburger Dan
I would imagine that the next coaching change will be even more "hands on" with BMA.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
Idiots on here think big money ain't in play at other schools....sure, it's all virgins and sweet smells of lilac in the ADs office
tu dominates in a sport with guys wearing speedos!
PabloSerna
AG
Bunch of old farts here love to flame .. it's called the zoo for a reason, expect the worse (like flying poo)

+GIG'EM!
Buford T. Justice
AG
Eric Human, blue star for you....
Aquin
AG
What is the name of the lawyer that drafted Sumlin's contract? Someone on this board ought to know.
aggiehawg
AG
i understand the natural male tendency to misspell his name. But come on, that title is funnier with the misspelling.
UTExan
Quote:

You have a legacy at TCU and South Carolina; do you feel like you have one at Texas A&M?
I wasn't there long enough. We tried to implement some programs but at A&M they managed the activities, they didn't manage the results of what we were trying to do.
What does that mean?
They were in the day-to-day activities of athletics. If you want to hire an athletic director you have to let them do their job.
Who is they?
The leadership of the university.
Do you regret taking the job?
There are some things that I felt because of my ethical standards I was not a good fit. I felt if I had to do it again, I would probably do a lot better job of researching it.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article174596706.html

What???
AnalogyAg
Quote:

Do you regret taking the job?
There are some things that I felt because of my ethical standards I was not a good fit.

"You see, an AD with ethical standards would have told the BOR what an awful contract it was and that he could not endorse or propose it for approval when it was not in the best interest of his employer- TAMU.
However my character did not rise to that level as I knew such a stance would jeopardize the ultr-lucrative compensation package I had with TAMU.

Therefore, I would think hard about doing it again. I mean, I'm rich now and I just might want a job where I can pretend I'm making a difference in the world. I just dont know...."

was that his next statement?
74Ag1
AG
Aquin said:

What is the name of the lawyer that drafted Sumlin's contract? Someone on this board ought to know.

It was probably drafted by Sumlins agent with input from Wilson.

It was signed by (see page 9)
- Kevin Sumlin
- Eric Hyman
- Bowen Loftin
- Our legal Scott Kelly (probably just reviewed and approved)
https://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3729213/Sumlin_Contract_Dec_2013.pdf
Aquin
AG
Lawyers can be counselors or they can be scribes. In this instance they were little more than clerks and our representatives were ill equipped to be negotiating a multi-million dollar transaction. It is odd that no one has ever called them out by name.
Deputy Travis Junior
Aquin said:

John Smith, 3L participant in U of H contract negotiation legal clinic
FishingAggie
Aquin said:

Jackie chiles
Ny atty
MicheIangeIo
AG
74Ag1
AG
Aquin said:

Lawyers can be counselors or they can be scribes. In this instance they were little more than clerks and our representatives were ill equipped to be negotiating a multi-million dollar transaction. It is odd that no one has ever called them out by name.

Normally lawyers don't negotiate the money terms. They look at the legalize and that's about it.
I worked on large billion dollar projects with hundreds-thousand page contracts. Lawyers reviewed that didn't prepare them are negotiate with the Contractors about money terms.
Our Lawyer Kelly reviewed and signed for TAMU to protect the University.

I would suspect that Ex Regent Wilson put the money terms in there with Sumlins agent
Aquin
AG
True enough. However, look at Charlie's contract at tu and compare it to Sumlin's. Sumlin' contract is an absolute obligation to pay money without any duty to meet any standards. I cannot imagine a lawyer not calling his client's attention to the fact that this agreement is as close to an illusory contract as one can get. Oh well we have plenty of money. No blood, no foul (sarcasm).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.