Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jackie Sherrill says Sumlin Can Coach

7,129 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 4ZORRO
grl38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If Sumlin can coach,then do what he is paid 6 million each year to do. second half adjustments are his weakness!
Sq 17
x's & o's sumlin is very good at
looking at his bowl record and season opener record show he is a good coach give him a month and he will have the team ready
but player development , roster mgmt, and game mgmt he is terrible at just my .02
Frag
AG
Senility
AgsWin2011
AG
Does anyone else think we're just cursed?
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

looking at his bowl record and season opener record show he is a good coach give him a month and he will have the team ready
but player development , roster mgmt, and game mgmt he is terrible at just my .02

We got beat by an inferior KState team last bowl. We looked like crap offensively against Louisville the year before. We played like trash for 2 and a half quarters against an inferior Duke team in 2013. We were up a point at the half against ou in the CB.

-We lost in 2012 to a Florida team we could have beaten
-2013 we played someone bad
-2014 we beat an overhyped SC team that was not good
-2015 we beat an Arizona State team that was also overhyped and not good
-2016 choked a big 4th quarter lead to UCLA, which might have finished 7-5 had Rosen stayed healthy
-2017 saw the second worst choke job in college football history

Sumlin is not good at xs and os. Sumlin is good at recruiting and blowing smoke up rectums!
Agsuffering@bulaw
And no, we are not cursed as long as we learn from our mistakes. The mistake was the contract extension and not firing him after 2015.
Sq 17
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Quote:

We got beat by an inferior KState team last bowl. We looked like crap offensively against Louisville the year before. We played like trash for 2 and a half quarters against an inferior Duke team in 2013. We were up a point at the half against ou in the CB.

-We lost in 2012 to a Florida team we could have beaten
-2013 we played someone bad
-2014 we beat an overhyped SC team that was not good
-2015 we beat an Arizona State team that was also overhyped and not good
-2016 choked a big 4th quarter lead to UCLA, which might have finished 7-5 had Rosen stayed healthy
-2017 saw the second worst choke job in college football history

Sumlin is not good at xs and os. Sumlin is good at recruiting and blowing smoke up rectums!
k state loss was disappointing , the choke jobs are about game mgmt not x's &0's he must have had a good game plan to get such substantial leads.

I think Sumlin deserves to be fired but strictly x's & o's he can coach until this year he was 3-0 against P5 opponents in openers If Starkel stays healthy 4-0 ( should have won game Given the big lead the team had )

Jackie is a class guy and will support the ags including the head coach because that is what former coaches do. I was just pointing out that Jackie's statement could be defended in a narrow definition of coaching.
Uncle
Sherill says he can coach! Well I guess that settles it then.
Fire Sumlin
4ZORRO
AG
aggiedad55 said:

According to the article on TexAgs home page, Aggie Spirit, football, power and politics: Jackie Sherrill said, "You don't have to tell Kevin Sumlin how to coach. He can coach."
But anyone could tell him how to run the clock.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.