Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Opposing fans at Midnight Yell?

5,554 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
patrick.redmill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hi folks,
Apologies in advance from a non-Aggie. I live here in the area and my family, Alabama fans, are coming in for the game.

My Dad is a huge CFB fan in general, and wants to attend Midnight Yell. Is this appropriate? If so, would it be wise to disguise them in A&M gear, or should they just wear their Bama stuff.

Bye the bye, I tried the covert approach at a game when Vandy was in town a few years back. Worked ok until the group activities/traditions geared up. Folks quickly identified me as a mole :P. Everyone was really nice, though .
IDaggie06
AG
We aren't Bama serious. He can wear his Bama stuff.
C2 Ag 93
All good, wear Bama stuff if you like.
Jock 07
AG
it's at midnight
hth
runontexas
AG
You'll probably get hugs from overly friendly Aggies. No one there bites as far as I remember.
Dread Pirate Roberts
Tell them everyone is welcome. Wear the Bama gear and people will probably be very friendly. There will be some drunk idiots - some will be jerks, but most are fun to watch. Have fun!
aggiebrad94
AG
Now, if your dad gets offended by semi-funny jokes at 'bama's expense, stay away.
Ragoo
AG
bring your BIC and get ready to mug down.
dtkprowler
AG
Tell your dad to wear his Bama gear, laugh at/ignore the terrible jokes the Yell Leaders say about Bama, and don't be an obnoxious jerk and he will have a great time.

Drum5343
AG
Kill 'em.

No just kidding don't do that.
patrick.redmill
aggiebrad94 said:

Now, if your dad gets offended by semi-funny jokes at 'bama's expense, stay away.
Ha! No, he's an old pro. He's been to seriously hostile places where people throw things and go looking to pick fights. He's too old for that now :P

Thanks for the overwhelming feedback, folks. I figured as much, but I needed an official protocol. My wife works at A&M and they know we're interlopers. If we end up on the evening news getting into a fight with Aggies, there will be professional casualties (and I won't be allowed to go home).

Thanks and Gig 'Em!
Jimbos Plaque
AG
patrick.redmill said:

aggiebrad94 said:

If we end up on the evening news getting into a fight with Aggies, there will be professional casualties (and I won't be allowed to go home).

Wow you're really badass
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Wear your BAMA gear... you will be accepted... maybe some friendly ribbing... go to the bar after likely get a free beer
Ogre09
AG
TexAgAviator said:

patrick.redmill said:

aggiebrad94 said:

If we end up on the evening news getting into a fight with Aggies, there will be professional casualties (and I won't be allowed to go home).

Wow you're really badass

I read it as his wife might get in trouble at work.
patrick.redmill
TexAgAviator said:

patrick.redmill said:

aggiebrad94 said:

Wow you're really badass
I didn't say who the casualties would be! But if it comes to fisticuffs, I wouldn't put money on your's truly.
C4D
AG
most the people at Yell are current or former students
meaning of this = they are educated, somewhat educated, or at least trying to be educated
meaning of that = we don't have too many arrss hat toothless dip cheet fans that act like trash, (but they do exist)
the majority of our fan base is comprised of actual Aggies
wear the Bama gear, but wear the Bama gear soberly

Yell is a must for any college football fan
runontexas
AG
Please start the chant "We Want Cheerleaders Not Dudes in overalls"

Everyone will find it HILARIOUS!!
bonfiresmoke
I have always seen some opposing team fans there. Last year my family members from Louisiana came, wore LSU gear and everything was fine. Aggies are some of the best fans in the country. I am sure you will hear a lot of Howdy and welcome to Aggieland.
ag-bq-seventy
AG
C4D said:

most the people at Yell are current or former students
meaning of this = they are educated, somewhat educated, or at least trying to be educated
meaning of that = we don't have too many arrss hat toothless dip cheet fans that act like trash, (but they do exist)
the majority of our fan base is comprised of actual Aggies
wear the Bama gear, but wear the Bama gear soberly

Yell is a must for any college football fan

Why do you have to describe Alabama fans to the guy?
Jock 07
AG
this thread made me think about when we had the gameday commercial filmed at Kyle
http://www.bensalas.com/ESPN-College-GameDay-Vote
patrick.redmill
Update: this was a lot of fun. Mom, Dad, and brother wore their 'Bama stuff, and I was in Vandy attire. Everyone was exceedingly hospitable. There were lots of 'Bama fans there; the idea of opposing fans attending Midnight Yell wasn't as unusual as I thought it would be.

Thanks for the feedback, guys!
85Photon
AG
Thanks for coming and having a good time. We appreciate the feedback.
Tripacer
Glad y'all enjoyed it.
Ol Rock
AG
Thanks for coming and being a part of one the great college football traditions.
Liquid Wrench
runontexas said:

You'll probably get hugs from overly friendly Aggies. No one there bites as far as I remember.
This. He'll probably get all the bro hugs and pats on the back he can handle.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.