Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Sumlin's contract question

6,796 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JMR
jml2621
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pam Poovey said:

FishingAggie said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Uh oh we have a board cop here

No. Just sick of hearing your constant defending and promotion of the bma's who you may or may not know

No one cares. No one.

Well I see Fishing has found a new target for his ire now that he's done with Rojo.

Oddly, I miss Rojo.
ghowe
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

FishingAggie said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Uh oh we have a board cop here

No. Just sick of hearing your constant defending and promotion of the bma's who you may or may not know

No one cares. No one.

Don't confuse defending with pointing out reality. I'd thought you did have learned your lesson during the Stidham stuff.
What is the reality, that the monied donors think guaranting to pay out the balance of the contract if terminated at anytime during its term was a good idea? Do they admit it was a poor decision and has handcuffed the ability to steer and manage the program moving forward? Not asking rhetorical questions, BTW.
ghowe
AG
Ragoo said:

Phoenix1 said:

1876er said:

SeattleAgJr said:

The Biggest Aggie Joke of all is the asinine idiots that extend our coach contracts.

LOL. This board was ecstatic when Sumlin got the extension and raise. Sumlin was going to bury OU and Texas for the foreseeable future and compete with Saban for titles.

If you questioned whether it was a good idea at the time you were an obvious sip troll.

It's not the fact that he was given a new contract that bothers me- at that point he probably earned it. It's the fact that we got our arse handed to us by his team in the negotiation room. Could I have done better- no. But I'm not a professional contract negotiator. Whoever was representing us in that room better not be handling anything involving money negotiations in the future.
his agent probably had another offer on hand. With the plans to extend Kyle and the publicity foley that would ensue if we did not re-up the contract would have left us in an extrememly weakened position. First 10 win season in over a decade, heisman trophy since 1957. We had no choice.
The attitude and philosophy expressed in the last sentence summarizes why we continually under perform. We make decisions out of fear of loss and not out of confidence of future desired outcome.
Stumpknocker
I am a professional contract negotiator dealing with contracts well above $6MM per year. 100x that amount.

This contract is a travesty.

Can someone tell me who "they" are? The "they" that negotiated on behalf of the school?

Kudos to Hyman for laying it all out in the Fort Worth Star telegram!
JMR
S
I like this version of fishingaggie better!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.