Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Vegas odds

4,317 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TXM Pride
f burg ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Doing a sports book weekend in Vegas and the following games intrigue me. Wanted to get the zoo's take on which way you would lean:

TCU
Ok. St. -11.5
I really like TCU in this game. Probably my most confident game. I think OSU is overrated and TCU will not be out coached by 11 points

Ark
A&M -3
Have to bet on the Aggies while I am there. And I am mildly confident we will cover.

UCLA
Stanford -9.5
Was very surprised by this line. Stanford has looked just as bad as UCLA and I am hoping Rosen is pissed.

Nevada
Wash St. -25.5
Hoping that the pirate goes pirate on Nevada and runs up the score by 5 tds.

Baylor
OU -27.5
Baylor is absolute trash, but they get some key players back and for some reason I think they cover.
Actionag
Are you going to vegas soley to sports gamble? You know you can do that online right? I'd be happy to share a referral code.
f burg ag
AG
For me, sports gambling. For wife, slots and such. And we are celebrating our anniversary.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Ags -3 is prime victory insurance, put a wad on Hawgs to cover, and you are happy either way.
doc99
AG
fwiw...

TCU stays inside the number
Aggies win by 3+
UCLA upsets Stanford
Wash State wins big
OU clobbers Gaylor
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I do both Vegas and online and prefer Vegas immensely, we go for March Madness every year but want to do a college football weekend.
EKG1996
AG
Baylor?!?/??

If you want to bet on BDF football I would take Tech over UH (especially if you can get 7)
Phoenix1
You come to the LOLPoor board of TexAgs for gambling advice?
Ags77
AG
Take OU.. thank me later
FriscoKid
AG
Ags77 said:

Take OU.. thank me later
Agreed!

I think OSU and the pigs also.
EliteZags
AG
here's the obvious eye opening line but how much of a trap is Florida -3 @Kentucky?

UK had a big win in Columbia this wkd but outside of that haven't really shown anything suggesting they can compete toe to toe with Florida
Leander - Ag
AG
Arky ML
Archie86
Hey Actionag, I will be in Vegas Friday through Monday with wifey to celebrate my 54th b-day. I am going for the sole purpose for sports gambling, college Saturday, and pro Sunday. I have been waiting ( and saving) for years to couch my ass in Ceasar's Palace, starting Saturday morning at 9:00 am kickoffs- with a Bloody Mary in hand.I am seriously thinking of putting 1,000 dollars on Ags -3. Need your advice?

DatTallArchitect
AG
I wouldn't place a bet on a 21+ point favorite, especially this early in the season. If those coaches get up by more than that, they will be too tempted to play deeper into their roster for experience in case there is an injury later on in the season.

For the record, I have no doubt that either team can easily far surpass that. I just wouldn't bet on them running the score up like that. That said, OU might not have a choice with how bad baylor sucks.
AggieWonWon
Take the over on that tcu game
WestGalvestonAggie

Really good weather in Vegas this weekend. Great timing!
Ervin Burrell
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Ags -3 is prime victory insurance, put a wad on Hawgs to cover, and you are happy either way.

Not if Arky wins by less than 3.
AggieIce
AG
f burg ag said:

Doing a sports book weekend in Vegas and the following games intrigue me. Wanted to get the zoo's take on which way you would lean:

TCU
Ok. St. -11.5
I really like TCU in this game. Probably my most confident game. I think OSU is overrated and TCU will not be out coached by 11 points

Ark
A&M -3
Have to bet on the Aggies while I am there. And I am mildly confident we will cover.

UCLA
Stanford -9.5
Was very surprised by this line. Stanford has looked just as bad as UCLA and I am hoping Rosen is pissed.

Nevada
Wash St. -25.5
Hoping that the pirate goes pirate on Nevada and runs up the score by 5 tds.

Baylor
OU -27.5
Baylor is absolute trash, but they get some key players back and for some reason I think they cover.
Actionag
Archie86 said:

Hey Actionag, I will be in Vegas Friday through Monday with wifey to celebrate my 54th b-day. I am going for the sole purpose for sports gambling, college Saturday, and pro Sunday. I have been waiting ( and saving) for years to couch my ass in Ceasar's Palace, starting Saturday morning at 9:00 am kickoffs- with a Bloody Mary in hand.I am seriously thinking of putting 1,000 dollars on Ags -3. Need your advice?

I would say that if you're really going for the sole purpose of sports betting then you're not being logical. You can have the same bloody mary from your own couch & make the same $1000 bet. Without paying for flight and hotel. Also, I just checked and I've got a bargain for you! One of the sites I use has A&M -2.5. For $50 I'll place the bet for you and you get an extra half point.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Ags -3 means Ags are the favorite, meaning the Hawg are getting 3 points. However, I have seen some online sites with Hawgs favored by 2.5. Most of Vegas has the Ags as favorites
txaggiefarmer05
AG
In a probable shootout like tcu/osu, smart play is take the points on the underdog and bet the over.
AggieWonWon
Simply amazing people dont' understand lines. LOL
Agsuffering@bulaw
Intuitively, tcu seems to be getting a lot of points.

I have not looked at the numbers for UCLA/Stanford. I urge caution.

UCLA has played very soft against Stanford under Mora. I do not think Mora has ever beaten Shaw, and most of the games UCLA fell apart. I remember a PAC CCG a few years ago when UCLA put up a good fight, but they choked it away in the 4th. They should have won. They should have won most years. They have better athletes.

Mora is almost as mentally soft as Sumlin, and his teams play like it. Shaw on the other hand is quiet but sturdy. His teams usually compete. I dont now wtf happened last week.

I would run the match-up stats. Then give Stanford 3 points for home field. Then 3 more for Shaw owning Mora.
vander54
S

Ags -3 means Ags are the favorite, meaning the Hawg are getting 3 points. However, I have seen some online sites with Hawgs favored by 2.5. Most of Vegas has the Ags as favorites

The only place I've seen having the pigs favored is ESPN. They show pigs -2.5. Everyone else (vegas) has it Aggies -2.5.
World's worst proofreader
Aggie_2463
AG
Oklahoma State is legit. If that number falls below 10, I'd take OSU.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Not if Arky wins by less than 3.

If you bet on Arkansas +3 then it doesn't matter how much they win by
2thFixinAg
There are things to gamble on and things not to gamble on. Betting football is a good way to end up poorer than when you started.
HoustonAg2106
AG
2thFixinAg said:

There are things to gamble on and things not to gamble on. Betting football is a good way to end up poorer than when you started.
What are the things to gamble on?
WC94
AG
Aren't we forgetting dome rules here?
Dengus
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

2thFixinAg said:

Stock market is a lot safer play
WC94
AG
Archie86,

I'm gonna help you with the Caesar Palace ultimate life hack. I was there in 2012 for the old miss Johnny Manziel comeback game . Go put 5 bucks on the ponies and they wii give you a free drink ticket, which you can use to get top shelf alcohol. You have to bet like $300 on sports book to get a drink ticket, but only $5 on the horses (You have to ask for the ticket sometimes). I actually did 2 bets at a time to get 2 drink tickets. Put 1 on the favorite, 1 on the long shot. You get to drink all day for free and usually come out ahead while watching college football on the big screen.

Now the hack for the students and the poors: Don't get a hotel, do baggage check at Caesars. Stay up all night and then buy A-day pass to their spa. You can ****, shower, and shave then get a 3 hour nap in the relaxation room. Rinse and repeat.

You're welcome.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Dengus said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

2thFixinAg said:

Stock market is a lot safer play

We're talking about sports gambling here...and the stock market is more of an investment than gambling IMO
Craigy
The Aggies are-2.5 at every book in Vegas right now.
johnnyblaze36
AG
WC94 said:

Now the hack for the students and the poors: Don't get a hotel, do baggage check at Caesars. Stay up all night and then buy A-day pass to their spa. You can ****, shower, and shave then get a 3 hour nap in the relaxation room. Rinse and repeat.

You're welcome.
POTD.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Archie86 said:

Do NOT put $1000 on the aggies. You are already totally invested in that game - if they sumlin the game you have a double loss, and it's extra painful.

As mentioned before, put $25 on the Razorbacks. That way, if Arky covers, you get $25. If the aggies win, woohoo, they win.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.