Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

#1 Safety and LB in the SEC

11,713 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by KidDoc
TexasAggiesWin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
2thFixinAg said:

Caleb Wilson: 17 targets which produced 15 catches, 208 yards,

The above is courtesy of Armani Watts. How is he on top of any list at this point in the season.

Was a horrible showing. He might finish the year strong but something is wrong with a ranking system that grades him high after that night and only two games after to build up stats.

You do realize that the SS doesn't cover the TE man to man every single play, right? I can promise you that the lack of our pass rush ability and underneath coverage by our LBs allowed Wilson the ability to run free the 2nd half of the UCLA game.

It reminded me of Jarius Wright, the WR from Arkansas in 2011 (I think) who had 300+ yards receiving against us in the Southwest Classic running a seam route from the slot all day long. Our Safeties would split like the red sea (running 2 deep coverage like they are supposed to) and our LB would be chasing Wright 20 yards down the field.
BigRed12
AG
2thFixinAg said:

Caleb Wilson: 17 targets which produced 15 catches, 208 yards,

The above is courtesy of Armani Watts. How is he on top of any list at this point in the season.

Was a horrible showing. He might finish the year strong but something is wrong with a ranking system that grades him high after that night and only two games after to build up stats.

Or the coaches were putting him in a defensive call (i.e. prevent) that allowed this to happen and not all on Watts. Dude could have gone in the draft last year in round 2, he has talent.
RyanWhite
AG
Growing up whenever I introduced myself I would get this response: "oh, Ryan White, like the kid who had aids"
NyAggie
AG
this will be the year that the rush defense is good but the pass defense is atrocious.

1876er
AG
LOL. We're 121 in passing defense after playing 2 cupcakes and a poor P5 team and Vander thinks we're fine.
PatAg
AG
I'm actually really happy and proud for Alaka. he has dealt with a lot of adversity since he started college, glad to see his hard work is paying off
vander54
S
1876er said:

LOL. We're 121 in passing defense after playing 2 cupcakes and a poor P5 team and Vander thinks we're fine.

Dude you need to learn to read. Our run defense is looking better. I never mentioned our pass defense.

Although over half the yards we have given up in the air came against UCLA. They have not had less than 400 yards a game yet. ULL had less than 100 yards of total offense in the second half after we made adjustments.

Our pass defense is a concern of mine just like the OL is a concern.
World's worst proofreader
aggieclay
We're gonna miss him next year!
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Champ Bailey said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

Just imagine what Watts could be if he could learn how to tackle in space.

You realize he leads the team in tackles, right?

Is that stat and those two gifs supposed to make me forget the dozen+ times I've seen him whiff? Blowing up receivers in the middle of a catch is not what I'm talking about.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Champ Bailey said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

Is that stat and those two gifs supposed to make me forget the dozen+ times I've seen him whiff? Blowing up receivers in the middle of a catch is not what I'm talking about.

He leads the team in tackles. And he is our safety. It's like getting mad at your goalie for allowing goals when he touches the ball more than anyone else.
WC94
AG
So a guy who will be playing on Sundays next year is not very good? He is in the top 98.5 percentile and could have gone pro last year. Numb nuts abound.
Spicewood Ag
AG

4:03

Sick AF
Workinman99
Gonna check back for ratings in November!
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
WC94 said:

So a guy who will be playing on Sundays next year is not very good? He is in the top 98.5 percentile and could have gone pro last year. Numb nuts abound.
Looking through the thread for the guy who said he wasn't any good... Because it definitely wasn't me.
howdy2u
AG
PatAg said:

I'm actually really happy and proud for Alaka. he has dealt with a lot of adversity since he started college, glad to see his hard work is paying off
Sniffing Accountant
MorgansPoint
AG
Something about being able to cover passes over the middle.
MorgansPoint
AG
But, they good. Two definite bright spots.
fightinag
Champ Bailey said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

That's not really saying a lot !
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Lateralus Ag
AG
ironmanag said:

I get people hating on Sumlin.

I don't get why people claiming to be Aggies feel the need to tear down our players when a neutral third party completely unaffiliated with the university praises them.

Two things shock me about this post. You were articulate and you refrained from attacking people personally to make your point (trogs, anyone?).

Try this more, your normal MO less.
aggiebq03+
Bump
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Armani watts with a major tackle in space
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
What a game from both of them.
KidDoc
AG
Watts is great but to have our leading tackler be a safety year after year is really bad. It should always be a linebacker. The fact that it is a good safety means we are making way too many tackles after 5 yards day in and day out.

I think Watts will be a great NFL safety and hope he stays healthy. I think his biggest fault thus far is trying to do too much since our LB's over the last 3 years have not stopped the run over covered RBs/TEs. Luckily our LB play is much better right now.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.