Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

#1 Safety and LB in the SEC

11,712 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by KidDoc
vander54
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Congratulations Armani Watts and Otaro Alaka

World's worst proofreader
MatthewRothell
AG
Vinnie ronca is in wonderland after those statistics
jay07ag
AG
Noice
Seanzy2012
AG
Turn down for Watts.
RyanWhite
AG
Had no idea I was that good at safety
vander54
S
RyanWhite said:

Had know idea I was that good at safety

Looks like you will be in fact drafted. Since I broke the story can I get a cut of your signing bonus?
Tamu_mgm
AG
We are also currently top 3 in rush defense in the SEC, and #6 nationally, also tied in yards per rush with Bama, something of which we've never been under Sumlin, regardless of level of opponents we've played through 3 games.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/24
aggiedent
AG
Since we all know that Chavis is coasting to retirement and the coaching staff can't develop talent, this can't be anything but fake news. I trust my news from Texags Football forum where we are dead last in every category and the worst at everything.
ClassOf17
Tamu_mgm said:

We are also currently top 3 in rush defense in the SEC, and #6 nationally, also tied in yards per rush with Bama, something of which we've never been under Sumlin, regardless of level of opponents we've played through 3 games.

Pleasant Friendly Ag
Skai Moore has been at South Carolina for 10 ****ing years.
2thFixinAg
Caleb Wilson: 17 targets which produced 15 catches, 208 yards,

The above is courtesy of Armani Watts. How is he on top of any list at this point in the season.

Was a horrible showing. He might finish the year strong but something is wrong with a ranking system that grades him high after that night and only two games after to build up stats.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
2thFixinAg said:

The above is courtesy of Armani Watts. How is he on top of any list at this point in the season.

Was a horrible showing. He might finish the year strong but something is wrong with a ranking system that grades him high after that night and only two games after to build up stats.

So either the grading system that most college football professionals use to grade is wrong, or you are someone that doesn't understand football. I wonder...
claym711
AG
Wilson absolutely TORCHED Watts.
Btron
AG
Is that a creditable source? That dude isn't even verified
vander54
S
Btron said:

Is that a creditable source? That dude isn't even verified

He works for PFF. He is very credible. Maybe you all need to do some research.
Cappy407
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

#6 in the country is only good enough for top 3 in the SEC? Holy crap!
2thFixinAg
Champ Bailey said:

2thFixinAg said:

So either the grading system that most college football professionals use to grade is wrong, or you are someone that doesn't understand football. I wonder...
You tell me what safety has let a worse performance happen all year so far on any team in NCAAs. You might want to go back and watch the second half. Wilson owned Watts.

15 catches. 208... for a TE!. that's pure suckage.
vander54
S
2thFixinAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

2thFixinAg said:

You tell me what safety has let a worse performance happen all year so far on any team in NCAAs. You might want to go back and watch the second half. Wilson owned Watts.

PFF >>>>>>>> 2thFixinAg
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
2thFixinAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

2thFixinAg said:

I remember one blown coverage by Armani in that game. Are you saying that every catch he made he was being covered by Armani?
vander54
S
Meximan
Cappy407 said:

Tamu_mgm said:

#6 in the country is only good enough for top 3 in the SEC? Holy crap!
Welcome to the SEC.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Just imagine what Watts could be if he could learn how to tackle in space.
vander54
S
OldShadeOfBlue said:

His grade would be a lot worse if it was a major issue.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

You realize he leads the team in tackles, right?

RyanWhite
AG
Forget the signing bonus you can be my agent
Bunk Moreland
RyanWhite said:

Any time lurkers like this come out into the light they deserve 100+ blue stars.

Less than 100 posts in 9 years. Well done.
TXM Pride
Champ Bailey said:

2thFixinAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

2thFixinAg said:

I remember one blown coverage by Armani in that game. Are you saying that every catch he made he was being covered by Armani?

I love Armani and he's one of my boys but YES the UCLA TE was exposing him in the 2nd half. I vividly remember 4-5 catches he had when Armani was covering him. I remember thinking why didn't we bracket cover the TE with in and out coverage. TE breaks inside and LB covers and if he goes outside or up the field the safety takes him. Wilson would fake outside, Armani would jump that way, and then he would hit a post route and be an easy throw for Rosen.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TXM Pride said:

Champ Bailey said:

2thFixinAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

2thFixinAg said:

I love Armani and he's one of my boys but YES the UCLA TE was exposing him in the 2nd half. I vividly remember 4-5 catches he had when Armani was covering him. I remember thinking why didn't we bracket cover the TE with in and out coverage. TE breaks inside and LB covers and if he goes outside or up the field the safety takes him. Wilson would fake outside, Armani would jump that way, and then he would hit a post route and be an easy throw for Rosen.

Here is my point. Their TE was virtually unseen until Donovan went down with the injury. Because in our 4-2-5 that we like to run, the TE usually gets picked up by the 5th DB.

So are we sure that all those catches Caleb Wilson made were because of Armani's blown coverage, or because we had a replacement DB in there who wasn't up to snuff, and then Armani was having to pick up the slack where he could. When you are the guy trying to quickly cover someone else's blown assignment, you often come off looking worse than the guy who was actually wrong in the first place.

Armani definitely had a couple of mistakes. But to act like he is single-handedly responsible for 200 yards of offense as 2thfixinag is suggesting seems unlikely. Even more so because of how high he has been graded up to this point by PFF.

vander54
S
Champ Bailey said:

TXM Pride said:

Champ Bailey said:

2thFixinAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

2thFixinAg said:

Here is my point. Their TE was virtually unseen until Donovan went down with the injury. Because in our 4-2-5 that we like to run, the TE usually gets picked up by the 5th DB.

So are we sure that all those catches Caleb Wilson made were because of Armani's blown coverage, or because we had a replacement DB in there who wasn't up to snuff, and then Armani was having to pick up the slack where he could. When you are the guy trying to quickly cover someone else's blown assignment, you often come off looking worse than the guy who was actually wrong in the first place.

Armani definitely had a couple of mistakes. But to act like he is single-handedly responsible for 200 yards of offense as 2thfixinag is suggesting seems unlikely. Even more so because of how high he has been graded up to this point by PFF.

I haven't rewatched the game but this would explain why some think he was horrible but PFF has him graded so high for the year.
ValleyRatAg
AG
RyanWhite said:

I thought you died of AIDS as a child in the 80's. Contracted it from a blood transfusion. There was made for tv movie about it.

The Ryan White Story

ironmanag
AG
I get people hating on Sumlin.

I don't get why people claiming to be Aggies feel the need to tear down our players when a neutral third party completely unaffiliated with the university praises them.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
aggiedent
AG
Quote:

You tell me what safety has let a worse performance happen all year so far on any team in NCAAs.

I can tell you the "worst performance" by a poster in constructing a legible sentence.
edwardsk2003
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

We've played three teams, NONE OF WHICH RUN THE BALL!!!

I see this defensive statistic crap on twitter and it makes me shake my head.
vander54
S
edwardsk2003 said:

Tamu_mgm said:

I see this defensive statistic crap on twitter and it makes me wonder about how people got through A&M.

I agree but the same could have been said last year and we did not have the same stats or look we do this year.

Plus

UCLA had 63 rushing yards against us, 2.5 a carry.
132 vs Hawaii, 5.1 a carry
170 vs Memphis, 4.9 a carry

Ragin Cajuns

93 vs us, 3.2 a carry
287 vs Tulsa, 7.0 a carry
201 vs SE Louisianna, 5.6 a carry

Not going to bother with Nicholls.
Tamu_mgm
AG
edwardsk2003 said:

Tamu_mgm said:

I see this defensive statistic crap on twitter and it makes me shake my head.

Does Fresno State or Colorado state run the ball well? No. Bama has played both of those teams.

UCLA tried multiple times in the first half to run the ball and couldn't because they miserably failed against our defense shutting them down. Same thing with Nichols and ULL.

Most everybody on that list has played at least 2 cupcakes, so yes stats are a little inflated to start the year, but either they matter at least a little bit or not at all. But what I'm saying is that we've been through a similar 3 game schedule every year Sumlin has been here and yet have never performed this well against the run, even in past years when we've played back to back cupcakes. It can at least be a slight indicator of what's to come.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.