Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Auburn takes another hit..

7,986 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by marble rye
Tamu_mgm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Former 5 star Byron Cowart requesting release / transfer. Damn 2 big time players in a week for Auburn. Let's go get him, never hurts to have more DL depth.
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Former-No-1-recruit-Byron-Cowart-requests-release-from-Auburn-107656128
aggiehawg
AG
He was benched in favor of a walk-on, I think.
Bunk Moreland
Bielema & Sumlin are both on the edge of being let go, then the Gus Bus comes around and says "woah woah woah...I want in on the party!"

LSU is stuck with Coach O for probably 2018 and 2019 minimum after that big move they made to dump Miles.

Ole Miss is a dumpster fire.

Miss St is trending up with Mullen.

Ags need to make the right hire because 2nd place in the SECw for the forseeable future could be in play, and possibly a run at Bama if everything fell right.
Ian Neff
AG
There is truth to your statement.
aggiehawg
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Bielema & Sumlin are both on the edge of being let go, then the Gus Bus comes around and says "woah woah woah...I want in on the party!"

LSU is stuck with Coach O for probably 2018 and 2019 minimum after that big move they made to dump Miles.

Ags need to make the right hire because the 2nd place in the SECw for the forseeable future could be in play, and possibly a run at Bama if everything fell right.
Wholeheartedly agree with this. I'm more worried about Auburn upgrading with a coaching hire than I am Arkansas or Ole Miss.
AnalogyAg
who do ya want, Frank?
DTLB
Recruiting sites rank kids to sell subs. High school coaches hype kids to get attention. College coaches hype kids to sell recruiting class. The kid ends up being tagged by the fans as overhyped when all they did was have a good Highschool career that the adults in the room tried to sell.
AGinHI
AG
My BAS extends to hiring the right guy.

My recommendation is to undertake a thorough weeklong search of coaches in the grater Houston area and pick someone right away.
TexasAggie_97
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Ags need to make the right hire because 2nd place in the SECw for the forseeable future could be in play, and possibly a run at Bama if everything fell right.
Then sadly you can almost take it to the bank that we will screw it up.
BoozerRed78
AG
For some reason your thread title brought this song to mind....

Strategy
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

It SHOULD have always been in play.

It's this type of thinking that leads us to Aggie mediocrity.

When we start expecting excellence regardless of circumbstances, things will change.

Until then we will have alumni excited about 2nd half comebacks against bottom feeders, or get giddy when our conference is trending down.
cevans_40
AG
RebelgentlemenE2 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

When we start expecting excellence regardless of circumbstances, things will change.

Until then we will have alumni excited about 2nd half comebacks against bottom feeders, or get giddy when our conference is trending down.

Project much?
rbcs_2
AG
Quote:

Will we ever get tired of trotting out this ridiculous line?
cevans_40
AG
rbcs_2 said:

Quote:

One can only hope. It's by far the worst part of this board.
catfan
cevans_40 said:

rbcs_2 said:

Quote:

That's ass my dude.
Bunk Moreland
RebelgentlemenE2 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

uhh...no ***** And at first we thought it was with Sumlin, but after 6 years we know it isn't...which is why we're going to make a change.
NoahAg
Bunk Moreland said:

OR, barring a 1-4 win season, this is why we bring Sumlin back next year:

-Continue building, developing the young talent that we clearly already have on campus.
-Lock up a solid 2018 recruiting class.
-Show recruits that our program is stable, and not in the midst of upheaval like ole miss, arky, auburn, etc could be.
claym711
AG
Thanks for checking in Mrs. Sumlin. Any more letters to share?
chipotle
I don't get it. The stars freaking aligned for sumlin and he still fails.
CrottyKid
AG
Exactly why we should get Mullen. Take away the second best coach in the West (after everyone else gets fired).
NoahAg
claym711 said:

Thanks for checking in Mrs. Sumlin. Any more letters to share?
Only 2: F. U.
claym711
AG
Hopefully we can track down the culprits.
NoahAg
CrottyKid said:

Exactly why we should get Mullen. Take away the second best coach in the West (after everyone else gets fired).
I don't get the love for Mullen. Let me see if I understand: Sumlin is trash b/c he hasn't done anything w/out JFF. Mullen hasn't done anything w/out Dak, and he gets a pass? Not to mention, Sumlin has more 8+ win seasons in a shorter amount of time.

Maybe Mullen's a good coach, but there is no reason to believe he'd do better at A&M than Sumlin. Or Sherman for that matter.
pinche gringo
AG
chipotle said:

That's what happens when you're incompetent and in way over your head.
A competent coach would have seized the opportunity and built a foundation for the program. Now we're in year 6 with a "young team" starting a freshman QB instead of a 5* upper classman.

Mance Lipscomb
aggiehawg said:

He was benched in favor of a walk-on, I think.
Story is, he's lazy, doesn't practice hard, and takes plays off. That don't cut it with DL coach Rodney Garner.
You don't want him, Ags.

Auburn is very deep and talented on DL. It's not a walk-on that's getting Cowart's PT.

Fightin Ag491
Bunk Moreland said:

So all of college football is gonna write off Coach O only 3 games into his first full season? Okie dokie.
vander54
S
Fightin Ag491 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

So all of college football is gonna write off Coach O only 3 games into his first full season? Okie dokie.

Apparently he already has a short leash because of his past. If they don't improve soon they will want him gone.
World's worst proofreader
CrazyDayDuck
pinche gringo said:

chipotle said:

A competent coach would have seized the opportunity and built a foundation for the program. Now we're in year 6 with a "young team" starting a freshman QB instead of a 5* upper classman.

Both of you are spot on.

Teams are stepping on their d***s left and right. Yet here we are rebuilding ... IN YEAR 6!!
T-Shizzle
CrazyDayDuck said:

pinche gringo said:

chipotle said:

Both of you are spot on.

Teams are stepping on their d***s left and right. Yet here we are rebuilding ... IN YEAR 6!!

You keep saying "Rebuilding in year six" that would imply that most of the starting 22 are freshmen, which is not the case, Henderson, Mack, Watts, Willis, Cunningham, Olaka, Johnson, Dodson, Ford, Williams, McCoy, Prater, lanfeer all have played! What are you talking about? Get another talking point!
CrazyDayDuck
T-Shizzle said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

pinche gringo said:

chipotle said:

Both of you are spot on.

You keep saying "Rebuilding in year six" that would imply that most of the starting 22 are freshmen, which is not the case, Henderson, Mack, Watts, Willis, Cunningham, Olaka, Johnson, Dodson, Ford, Williams, McCoy, Prater, lanfeer all have played! What are you talking about? Get another talking point!

True fish QB. 4 true fish in our OL 2 deep. WR corps loaded with true fish and redshirt fish. Our 3 best LB include a true sophomore and true fish. Our two starting CBs against ULaLa were both true fish.

And you were saying?
WC94
AG
Why do we have a true freshman starting at QB in year 6?
Viper16
AG
BoozerRed78 said:

For some reason your thread title brought this song to mind....

Showing your age Boozer! LOL
Lateralus Ag
AG
cevans_40 said:

rbcs_2 said:

Quote:

No, it's not.
Raid05
AG
WC94 said:

Why do we have a true freshman starting at QB in year 6?

Because our two other quarterbacks got hurt, and the true freshman has talent and potential ? Why did Saban start a true freshman quarterback in year 9?
TMartin
Solid and insightful post. It is also a reminder that the SEC West is in shambles and even Kevin Sumlin has yet another chance to pull it together. Recent history and the Sumlin trend says he fails.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.