Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A note on perspective

6,010 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by spherical
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Champ Bailey said:

I said that and it's true. But in this thread, I'm genuinely interested in who Memphis's head coach is, as he has beaten both UCLA and Ole Miss in the past 2 years.
The win against Ole Miss was 2 years ago under Justin Fuentes, who is at Va Tech now. This guy did beat UH last year

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400869568
. . .
...and now fired their AD.

Brazos Born
Not to mention his yap-dog brother porking a booster's wife

https://texags.com/forums/6/topics/1740129
Windy City Ag
AG
I loved when someone leaked the Pellini conversation when he told the Nebraska Fans to Go F$%k themselves and kiss his a$s.

Schrute
Scott Frost will be coaching Nebraska next year....
ironmanag
AG
You trogs are so cute. Sumlin has basically the same record as Pelini and you morons want to fire ours and hire thiers.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
DifferenceMaker Ag said:

Quote:

A note on perspective

Memphis beat UCLA in the Rose Bowl in a 4th quarter shootout.

HTH.

Actually, the game was in Memphis and was an 11 am kickoff. That's 9 am for the UCLA players.

Still doesn't excuse our epic collapse though.
Ian Neff
AG
EXACTLY X 10000000000000000
W
AG
Pelini was not a good coach.

the Big 12 north was dreadful in the Huskers' final years in the league...and the B1G was bad (other than Ohio State) when Nebraska joined it
trm94
AG
Quote:

Scott Frost will be coaching Nebraska next year
Yep
Krazykat
AG
8-5 seasons are a piss poor ROI for $5 million per year.
Meximan
Captain Awesome said:

FACT: we will be lucky to win 4 games this year.
You don't know that for a fact.

Sheesh, some of y'all's BAS is just out of control.
Ragoo
AG
Wrangler said:

a salary isn't an investment, it is a liability.
GoodOldAgs
ironmanag said:

You trogs are so cute. Sumlin has basically the same record as Pelini and you morons want to fire ours and hire thiers.

*theirs
S.A. Aggie
AG
gigemags-99 said:

Cromagnum said:

We did similar with RC.

Except RC was a great coach trying to compete with substandard facilities. Give him the reigns now and let's see what's up.
While this is true, coaching is so different from 15 years ago and the SEC is much more competitive than the SWC. RC was pushing for better facilities and if he would have gotten them, things would have been much different!
CrazyDayDuck
Wrangler said:

Patience my friend.

We're only in Year 6. It takes time to build a team.
NyAggie
AG
Sumlin's problem is no killer instinct

In year one JFF and kingsbury brought that to the program

Fast forward to the post Johnny years and we've had some blown lead losses and almost every single win we've gotten vs good teams in one where we either had to come firm behind or got out to a good lead and then had to hang on for dear life or need overtime to win

85Photon
AG
4 said:

IF YOU AIN'T FIRST YOU'RE LAST!!
No. It doesn't work that way. You can't do that.

That's only true in a two way competition.

Use the first loser analogy, that'll work for you , even after you sober up. Just saying.
Ex-liberalag12
biobioprof said:

And Nebraska just lost to Northern Illinois to fall to 1-2
ag-bq-seventy
AG
Perspective:

All this vitriol over a game played by college students against other college students. 15 or 20 years after I left A&M, that sank in. An average football team does not devalue my degree. I've done very well with it. A great team wouldn't make my career better. A natty won't get me a raise or promotion. It will just make me feel good for a year, until we lose a game the next season.

You see, I don't strut around like a peacock for a year for something I had no real hand in.

Sure, I wish we would win more. A lot more. But, I no longer live and breathe football, letting it ruin my day/week/month/year when we lose. If I did, then I'd be perpetually angry and upset.

I'm sure one or more of you internet tough guys will say I "accept mediocrity." That seems to be the latest way to stifle discussions and put someone down. Well, I've learned to accept what I cannot change. There's nothing I can do to help the team win that I don't already do. Getting online and demanding the coach be fired does nothing; it's just "virtue signalling" that one doesn't "accept mediocrity," so that person can feel superior to someone else. I just won't go there.

I think Sumlin has done some good things, but he hasn't been what I hoped. I just wonder how many of you out there were excited to have him hired, and were saying that those us on the wait-and-see side, were "accepting mediocrity."
spherical
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

Sumlin is not a steady 8-4 coach in the SEC; I think it's easy to see that our trajectory is downward.

If he hadn't landed Knight last year as a transfer I think we would have struggled to make a bowl, just like we're going to this year.

If he hadn't landed knight? Not really fair to take that away from him since that's part of the job... you might as well say "if he hadn't had that win streak st the beginning of the season we would have struggled to make a bowl"
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.