Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Gameday Experience Task Force

23,130 Views | 186 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aflleo
CaveDwellinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We get more yells and more band (by a LARGE margin) and we are complaining about a bit of rap music?

Game atmosphere at the ones I've attended this year has been significantly better than in years past where the Yell Leaders couldn't lead yells because of CONSTANT advertisements. 100% improvement even if there are new flaws to take place of some of the old ones.
86 Tex Ag
AG
Trying to get in the Northwest Tower yesterday was a total cluster. I don't know what they changed, but whatever it is, they need to go back to what they were doing before. There was no problem before and virtually no line. Yesterday it looked like a horde from The Walking Dead.

Agree! Totally screwed this up.
Lonestar1
AG
    The removal of all the advertisements is a huge plus. Good job so far.

I liked the fireworks "calling" us to the game. They actually worked as intended and reminded us to head in 30 minutes prior.

I never thought I would say this, but the DJ really got the crowd going at critical moments in the 4th quarter. It was definitely effective and you could tell the students and players were pumped.

I have mixed feelings on the whole "first down" situation. I would prefer it if the announcer would say the entire phrase and allow us to simply "whoop" afterwards. That just feels better. . . That said, it does make sense to me that this current method forces fan participation a bit more and is felt more by the players.

3 BTHO's is good. Opposing players and fans don't like it and our fans do. Nuff said.

War Hymn at end of 1st and 3rd is well timed IMO.

Putting the yell leaders and band squarely in charge is a huge plus. This is moving things in the right direction.

Overall I feel the changes are good. It's not perfect but this is the best it's been since joining the SEC IMO. I'm early 30's former student if that helps.

EDIT: the fake db meter was terrible. Stop that. Please.
GoodOldAgs
Alcohol
Pro Ag
AG
Any updates the premium folks can share with those TMF members that aren't?

Why add the "It's a Party" graphic? Did we find out why the (lack of) first down thing came back after being absent at ULaLa?
Triple-T
AG
Playing music between downs is the worst thing that ever happened to Kyle Field. That is what our yell leaders are for.

Stop trying to be just another candy-ass NFL or College Stadium.

KYLE FIELD = HOME OF THE 12th MAN.

Gig 'em.
FJB
AG
Add trashcans to the upper SW Tower areas. Seriously like 1 trashcan covering 2000 sq ft just north of the ramp entry / exit.
Who is John Galt?

94DallasAG
AG
Quote:

Overall I feel the changes are good. It's not perfect but this is the best it's been since joining the SEC IMO. I'm early 30's former student if that helps.
At first glance I was thinking good God this dude is old and still kicking it at games - kudos.

Red Fishing Ag93
AG
Great improvements with the yells and the band.

Still missing the 20yd line to 20yd line line of the football team singing The Spirit with the students before kickoff.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Red Fishing Ag93 said:

Still missing the 20yd line to 20yd line line of the football team singing The Spirit with the students before kickoff.
No kidding; once the team runs onto the field after the lame drum cadence then they should form up facing the student section and sing the Spirit as one.
strbrst777
"The DJ really got the crowd going." Really? An Aggie crowd gets going when the action gets going. Kyle Field does not need a DJ. This is Texas A&M...not Baylor!
Red Fishing Ag93
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

Red Fishing Ag93 said:

No kidding; once the team runs onto the field after the lame drum cadence then they should form up facing the student section and sing the Spirit as one.
It was so intimidating to the opposing team that many of them planned their pregame scheme around it.
aflleo
AG
After this season, and the 12th Game Day Experience survey, I started thinking (probably not a good idea), but this whole "Game Day Experience Task Force", and what it's doing seems so "contrived".

Kyle Field is an intimidating place to play because we're Aggie's, and the 12th Man supports its team better than any other college football fans in the country. Our traditions, and our traditional approach to Game Day, is what has made Kyle Field and the 12th Man what it is not a task force.

I understand traditions will change over time, and that today's student body isn't the same as when I was a student. However, tasks forces and work groups, seem like such a weird way to do things. Again, the word "contrived" comes to mind. To me the whole 12th Man game day experience at Kyle Field evolved naturally over the years to be what it is. I guess I have a problem with committees and tasks forces driving change as opposed to the natural evolution of the experience. I'm really not interested in have an over engineered version of Game Day it's "contrived". And sorry for the one last parting comment - a "Music Operator" - read "DJ" in Kyle Field??? You gotta be kidding me...

AFL '83

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.