Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

After which game will the other shoe drop on the coaching staff

5,377 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wangus12
Batty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Playing it safe and saying after Bama

Bye Sumlin the party's over, time to turn out the lights
SidetrackAg
AG
Lol wtf was that kid doing?!
Maroon Dawn
AG
Not even that long. This team will blow a big lead vs Arky and that will be that
W
AG
it could be after the Bama game -- a shutout is possible
MsDoubleD81
AG
ULALA
libertyag
AG
Once we move past the cupcakes and start getting bashed in the SEC, it will be interesting to see what all transpires:

1. What will be the excuse? That there have been many racist and threatening letters that they through away but they have caused a lack of concentration so these losses are because of someone else? Or something similar.
2. Any signs that indicate trying to get fired or thumbing his nose at the fans such as the poor clock management in the UCLA game or the failing to take the knee in the last game.
vander54
S
Seriously doubt it's after Bama
World's worst proofreader
Rossticus
If he's 2-5 after Florida then I think they pull the trigger and can his ass. If not then they'll wait to see the season play out before the hammer drops. Of course if he managed to lose to the fighting Bob Davies, that would probably earn him a pink slip too.
RG20
With our admin; they don't have the backbone to pull the trigger. Looks like we will be stuck for the remainder of the season.
TAMUallen
AG
SidetrackAg said:

Lol wtf was that kid doing?!

Playing with A&M strategy and being surprised with the rough results?
Cancelled
AG
The new sideline shoe?
mncag
I think we win the next 3 so it will be interesting. Because I think the wheels come off again later
RGLAG85
AG
mncag said:

I think we win the next 3 so it will be interesting. Because I think the wheels come off again later
Can you really say the wheels are coming off when everyone expects us to lose?
Meximan
Batty said:

Playing it safe and saying after Bama

Bye Sumlin the party's over, time to turn out the lights

He forgot to tell someone to hold his beer.
Peak Floyd
AG
LSU (Sorry.....)
AnalogyAg
i dont think we see this after a bama loss.

more like after anither blown win or a loss to a really not so good team.
TMartin
After his replacement has been found and the lawyers and agents are finished.
bero88
After Saturday. I say we are going to lose to ULL.
chase128
AG
I want Sumlin fired today but keeping him until the end of the season is best for the program. Having a coordinator halfways run the team while he's doing his job search during the season is not good for our program.
Schrute
I don't think he gets canned during the season. This admin seems to have no balls. And, if the letter did anything (besides publicly embarrass the University), it bought Sumlin the whole season to "turn it around".
jackie childs
AnalogyAg said:

quick release...decent accuracy...stood tall in face of pressure...that guy got any eligibility left?
Gladiator-91
AG
Quote:

Having a coordinator halfways run the team while he's doing his job search during the season is not good for our program.
Do you honestly think that coordinators and assistants aren't already looking for jobs now? HINT: THEY ARE
Cuterebra
AG
Sumlin already quit. He is just waiting for the administration to figure it out.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Are we talking about actual termination, or when the team implodes? Either way, the personalities involved becomes the X factor.

Fired- LSU
Implosion- Bama
AnalogyAg
Cuterebra said:

Sumlin already quit. He is just waiting for the administration to figure it out.

yep- i think the team figured this out too based on their Nicholls outing
AnalogyAg
oh, and i gotta say- that may have been Bush's finest moment- incredibly fast reflexes, then pops up immediately with a look of defiance- no fear, and a "is that all ya got" posture. followed by another slight move ("this second shoe is just off target so i dont need to move much")

what a boss!
KidDoc
AG
I seriously think we may lose to ULALA this weekend and that is the end for Summy. If we squeek by the Cajuns then it will be after Bama beats us to mush.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Urban Ag
AG
It will be after LSU.

Look at the risk vs reward for the program and the University overall.

If he's fired before the end of season, regardless of how justified that may be, the potential exposure for us is significant. The sports media and ESPN in particular, control the narrative. If they want to turn it political they will. Sports media is always looking for controversy, real or imagined. They'll say neither RC, Fran, nor Sherman were fired mid season - and Fran and Sherm had worse records - why? They'll note that Texas waited until end of season to release Strong. We already have "the letter". Look how quickly the media virtue signaled on that. We will be made to look vindictive and Sumlim sympathetically.

It's just not worth the potential damage control. This season is going to be bad. Really bad. And after LSU hands us loss #7 or 8, it's pretty academic at that point. Much less of a story to work with.

Besides all of that, outside of making pissed off fans feel better, what is the strategic imperative of firing mid season? Especially considering we don't have "our guy" lined up? This is why I believed that if we were going to fire for mediocrity we should have done it last year. Given the five year track record and the losses on both sides of the ball, we knew this year was going to be bad and one key injury from a disaster. We set ourselves back another and fully knew we wouldn't have the players on the field this year to be much better than mediocre with potential for a complete flop. Should have cut bait in Dec.
RecklessAg
AG
Let him at least suffer through the losses. If it gets that bad let him drag his own image down as well.
Bruce Almighty
AG
If he makes it past South Carolina, I think he makes it through the rest of the season.
halfastros81
AG
lsu
Raptor
AG
AnalogyAg said:

Honestly, who throws a shoe?
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Hoss
AG
Raptor said:

AnalogyAg said:

My fiance threw a shoe at me once. Now she's my ex wife. Wish I'd recognized that and a few other things as the red flags that they were. I might still be happily married to someone else.
trm94
AG
At the bye week would be my guess
ShouldastayedataTm
Raptor said:

AnalogyAg said:

That is actually a major insult in the Islamic world. Being the target of a shoe says you are basically trash.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.