Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

mike leach

34,939 Views | 194 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sbisa Chef
GumboMaverick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They beat an overrated USC team at home. not sure this is a huge "show me" game.

_mpaul
AG
Fantastic coach. At one point, I couldn't stand him. Then I read his book. I would have no problems if A&M hired him at some point.
TexasAggie_97
AG
GumboMaverick said:

They beat an overrated USC team at home. not sure this is a huge "show me" game.

well sumlin lost to an overrated team and people want to keep him. I would rather beat overrated teams than lose to them but maybe that's just me.
aggiehawg
AG
_mpaul said:

Fantastic coach. At one point, I couldn't stand him. Then I read his book. I would have no problems if A&M hired him at some point.
Guy is ozone level smart. Good book.
schmellba99
AG
GumboMaverick said:

Ahhh yes....the current facrs do not fit my narrative, so lets lob the "overrated" grenade.

I think that is akin to screaming "racist" in a SJW debate. Basically, you have zero to stand,on amd want to change the nature of the doscussion pronto at this point.
55-99
AG
TexasAggie_97 said:

GumboMaverick said:

well sumlin lost to an overrated team and people want to keep him. I would rather beat overrated teams than lose to them but maybe that's just me.
This times eleventy billion.

We keep losing games we shouldn't lose. We don't win many games we shouldn't win. I'd be more accepting of the latter without the former - AND we were showing growth and development. If that were the case, the latter wouldn't be an issue either.
The Debt
GumboMaverick said:

You do realize WSU will be a top 10 team next rankings.

Mind you their last 4 recruiting rankings are 69th, 55th, 52nd, 51st. Show me any other coach that can go to the land of hackeysacks and suicides to make a Top10 team.

Imagine what he would do with a Top20 program.
SeattleAgJr
The Debt said:

Quote:

Or even with ours.
Brush Country
Whenever I want to know who the real dumbazz Aggies are, the ones who don't deserve their diplomas, I just visit the zoo and look for threads like this, where people actually say mike leach would be a bad coach for A&M.

Kudos to the dumbazzes for outing themselves.
C Loves L
TexasAggie_97 said:

GumboMaverick said:

And Leach has lost to several cream puffs throughout his career to include while at Wash St. The type of losses only Fran could produce here.

Continue on with your love for a mediocre coach that looks and sounds like an idiot
jml2621
TexasAggie_97 said:

GumboMaverick said:

I'm sorry - logic and reason are not allowed on this board.
libertyag
AG
riverrataggie said:

Champ Bailey said:

He wants to come here. I have sources.

I've heard through sources he wants to come here as well.
I heard he is on the same plane as Spurrier.
C Loves L
Brush Country said:

Whenever I want to know who the real dumbazz Aggies are, the ones who don't deserve their diplomas, I just visit the zoo and look for threads like this, where people actually say mike leach would be a bad coach for A&M.

Kudos to the dumbazzes for outing themselves.

He's so awesome that in 15 seasons as a head coach, he's won, 1 conference championship, is 6-6 in bowls...

Oh and his best coaching offer since 1987 has been the HC at... Tceh. The same program that texags claims is a T3 football program
Threadbare
- We will never hire Mike Leach.

- Mike Leach will never come here.

- Mike Leach was pretty successful as the head coach of Tech, and they got rid of him as soon as they had an excuse to do so, apparently because so many people couldn't stand him.

- If you don't like Sumlin's demeanor in press conferences, you will like Mike Leach's less.

- If we did hire Mike Leach, as soon as he didn't win the West in his third year here, 3/4 of the people on this board would despise his offense and his idiosyncracies, and bemoan that such a great university was represented by so uncouth a character

- Mike Leach has the potential to be mean to a quarterback (and, from what I've read, that is a big, big no-no on this board).

- I kind of like Mike Leach

- Did I mention that we will never hire him, and he will never come here?
Brush Country
Mike leach is cheeky and fun.

Sumlin is just an arrogant dumbass who can't coach.
TexasAggie_97
AG
C Loves L said:

TexasAggie_97 said:

GumboMaverick said:

And Leach has lost to several cream puffs throughout his career to include while at Wash St. The type of losses only Fran could produce here.

Continue on with your love for a mediocre coach that looks and sounds like an idiot
so you are saying we should keep sumlin?
Joe Exotic
AG
The Debt said:

GumboMaverick said:

Mind you their last 4 recruiting rankings are 69th, 55th, 52nd, 51st. Show me any other coach that can go to the land of hackeysacks and suicides to make a Top10 team.

Weren't we ranked in the top 10 at one point last year?
aggiehawg
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

The Debt said:

GumboMaverick said:

Weren't we ranked in the top 10 at one point last year?
Recruiting classes was the reference.
Threadbare
The Debt said:

GumboMaverick said:

What I imagine is that recruiting would get worse, performance vs recruiting would get a little better, and it would all be about a wash.

Five years from now we'd be wondering why we hired a guy that so many boosters can't stand, that whiffs on the top recruits, and whose brand of football is such a poor fit for the SEC (which would be the pot-banging claim at the first sign of difficulty).
Bryanisbest
AG
Leach would be open to talking to A and M. A bank could be paid by A and M at a minimal cost to put up a standby letter of credit to secure Leach in case A and M ever relied on a defense of sovereign immunity to defeat his suit to collect. This would resolve his concern about Texas law.

A and M is not a place that can handle a take it or leave it truth teller like Mike Leach. As in the movie, we "can't handle the truth" or the pure Air Raid. We will always be a three yards and a cloud of dust/defense oriented fan base. People would fight Leach even if we wins.

Leach would be able to overcome the superior talent of an Alabama but A and M would react to him just like TTU did.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Leach would be able to overcome the superior talent of an Alabama but A and M would react to him just like TTU did.
What happened at tech was a perfect storm of an ESPN broadcaster having a very big microphone to trash Leach, long-standing animosity between Leach and Hance (which I fully understand why Leach would hate Hance, Leach likely doesn't suffer fools lightly).

That being said, Leach wouldn't embrace (hell, would barely tolerate) any of our traditions and I mean any of them. And that would piss some people off.

There aren't many programs where he would be a good fit, as that would require he was largely left alone to run the program and not be expected to be the charmer on the fundraising rubber chicken dinner circuit. He's not a schmoozer.
jml2621
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

What happened at tech was a perfect storm of an ESPN broadcaster having a very big microphone to trash Leach, long-standing animosity between Leach and Hance (which I fully understand why Leach would hate Hance, Leach likely doesn't suffer fools lightly).

That being said, Leach wouldn't embrace (hell, would barely tolerate) any of our traditions and I mean any of them. And that would piss some people off.

There aren't many programs where he would be a good fit, as that would require he was largely left alone to run the program and not be expected to be the charmer on the fundraising rubber chicken dinner circuit. He's not a schmoozer.

I have no idea why a coach SHOULD embrace traditions. The players can and should - they are Aggies. Are we some kind of ghey cult?

The Coach needs to got out a WIN and ENTERTAIN. Pirate is who he is.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I have no idea why a coach SHOULD embrace traditions. The players can and should - they are Aggies. Are we some kind of ghey cult?

I don't necessarily disagree with you on what a coach should be expected to do. However, those that write large checks like access and to be schmoozed. Just the way it is. And that's true at all large programs.
hunter2012
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

I don't necessarily disagree with you on what a coach should be expected to do. However, those that write large checks like access and to be schmoozed. Just the way it is. And that's true at all large programs.

If they're real Aggies they should be desperate enough to just want to win, access be d*mned
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

For the first time since Clinton was President. Do you really want to ignore that he held on to his job the last 2 seasons by the skin of his teeth? 3 wins over nobodys (Montana St., Nevada, and Oregon St.) and 2 3-point wins over 2 decent but flawed teams AT HOME.

Are you guys SERIOUSLY this myopic that you can't see farther back than last month? Prior to 2017, at Wassu, he's had a losing record overall and in a conference that has produced, what, ONE playoff team in 3 years? And you think 5 games into this year, that all gets wiped away?

That is beyond ridiculous.
The Debt
This is revisionism at its worst. He won the Pac coach of the year in 2015, I don't think anyone can claim his job was in jeopardy
aggiehawg
AG
The Debt said:

This is revisionism at its worst. He won the Pac coach of the year in 2015, I don't think anyone can claim his job was in jeopardy
I imagine this is Leach's reaction to his detractors:

jml2621
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

True, but remember Hyman said it wasn't the boosters and 12th Man that was the problem. It was University Officials, thus Sharp and BOR (some BMAs, some Perry cronies). Yes, that would still be a problem for Pirate. But if Sharp didn't care, the jobs would be his.

As there would be winning, hype, and profit BMAs and the fans in general would be fine with it.

schmellba99
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

For the first time since Clinton was President. Do you really want to ignore that he held on to his job the last 2 seasons by the skin of his teeth? 3 wins over nobodys (Montana St., Nevada, and Oregon St.) and 2 3-point wins over 2 decent but flawed teams AT HOME.

Are you guys SERIOUSLY this myopic that you can't see farther back than last month? Prior to 2017, at Wassu, he's had a losing record overall and in a conference that has produced, what, ONE playoff team in 3 years? And you think 5 games into this year, that all gets wiped away?

That is beyond ridiculous.

Shame you are incapable of looking to WSU prior to Leach taking,over, and even more of a shame that you are incapable of seeing a very obvious and glaring trend of increasing wins every year and having WSU as a more than just competitive,team.

All done with guys that were not wanted at most other schools.

Shame you cant see something that obvious.

He isnt coming here, so you can unwad your panties. But if he were to come here, i have little doubt he would have us as a powerhoise in short order. Even if he is weird.
tjack16
AG
TexasAggie_97 said:

GumboMaverick said:

Like 2014 South Carolina and Auburn, 2015 Arizona State, 2016 UCLA and Tennessee?
VikingNik
AG
WSU is the most middle of nowhere school in the pac12.
Deputy Travis Junior
Tamu_mgm said:

TexAgAviator said:

Mike Leach isn't sumlin, and he wins football games. He is an entertaining guy, and I think he is a great fit here. Plus, he is the kind of guy who will come here just to spite Tceh. I'd like to see an air raid offense in the SEC. He doesn't take any crap from anyone, and tells it like it is.
He would tank in the SEC. He's gone freaking 31-34 overall while at Wazzu, and has never won more than 9 games, and never has a decent defense. Hell to the NO for Mike Leach.

He is very entertaining though in press conferences.

I mean... what did you expect? Wazzu is a tiny program with no history that's out in the middle of nowhere. The previous coach won 9 games in the previous 4 seasons.

Did you think Leach would be able to roll in and start winning 8-9 per year?

And don't look now but he's actually fielded solid defenses the last few years (not great, but far from the crepe paper ones of his tech days).
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

True, but remember Hyman said
Didn't read after that.
The Debt
Tamu_mgm said:

TexAgAviator said:

Mike Leach isn't sumlin, and he wins football games. He is an entertaining guy, and I think he is a great fit here. Plus, he is the kind of guy who will come here just to spite Tceh. I'd like to see an air raid offense in the SEC. He doesn't take any crap from anyone, and tells it like it is.
He would tank in the SEC. He's gone freaking 31-34 overall while at Wazzu, and has never won more than 9 games, and never has a decent defense. Hell to the NO for Mike Leach.

He is very entertaining though in press conferences.

Care to defend your position against this:
Quote:

Three seasons of rebuilding yielded 12-24 (7-20).

2015-2016: 16-8 (13-5). Got pac-12 coty in 2015.

(Fixed after 3 more weeks) Oh and hes 5-0 in 2017, with three wins against ranked opponents.
Marco Esquandolas
AG
leach is a better coach than kevin sumlin. What else is there to discuss? Better coach is better.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.