Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

mike leach

34,984 Views | 194 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sbisa Chef
Bryanisbest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pilot Ag said:

Mike Leach isn't sumlin, and he wins football games. He is an entertaining guy, and I think he is a great fit here. Plus, he is the kind of guy who will come here just to spite Tceh. I'd like to see an air raid offense in the SEC. He doesn't take any crap from anyone, and tells it like it is.

He will never ever fit here. Not a problem with the plug. The socket will cause the misfit.
Bryanisbest
AG
C Loves L said:

The Debt said:

Op, do you realize WSU was the perennial basement dweller of the PAC? And since has been there they have competed for division championships WITH northeastern, hackysack recruits.

He squeezes juice from a turnip to get players to perform. He did it at TTU, now he's doing it in WSU. The dude can coach.

Give him a program that can get three years of Top 25 recruits and he will make the playoffs.

What he did while at tceh was due to an offense he ran that no program saw other than when they played tceh. That's not the case anymore. His offense is equivalent to what the option was in the late 90s. Worked great when it first came out but it's old news now

Then why is he able to beat multiple coaches at A&M over 13 years. Have multiple Aggie Coaches caught up with with his offense yet? I think not.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Pirate takes down georgia.

Tap the vein, lock it in.
Kellso
FCBlitz said:

If you were to read Mike Leach's coaching philosophy you would take him seriously. His coaching philosophy works extremely well for the hard working blue collar kids. Work ethic and love the game can help you win games.

Mike Leach doesn't work so well if he has a boat load of prima donna football who feel they are to good to have to work hard. He doesn't tolerate laziness.

Mike Leach has never coached a first place team because none of his teams ever play above average defense.
GoAgs92
AG
C loves L is D as F.
[img]http://readthetruth.com/images/dinosaur.gif[/img]
Kellso
GoAgs92 said:

C loves L is D as F.
Mike Leach is an amazing coach if you aspire for 3rd or 4th place.

Leach isn't in the same ballpark as Gary Patterson, or the last three coaches (Briles, Rhule, Aranda) that Baylor has hired.
GoAgs92
AG
Kellso said:

GoAgs92 said:

C loves L is D as F.

Leach isn't in the same ballpark as Gary Patterson, or the last three coaches (Briles, Rhule, Aranda) that Baylor has hired.
We are currently dead last with our usual finish around 5th or worse in the SEC. Covid was the main catalyst for our good year.

Leach got Wazzu into the top 10…which is pretty amazing.

So you're saying fire Jimbo and hire Rhule…sounds good.

halfastros81
AG
I like Leach. He'll never be A & M's hfc. I know this thread was started years ago .
Bryanisbest
AG
Kellso said:

GoAgs92 said:

C loves L is D as F.

Correct. If you aspire to 3rd or 4th with last place material, hire Leach.

Hiring him to come here would be like trying to insert a square peg in a round hole. A&M would never accept Mike Leach and our rejection of him would have nothing to do with his coaching. Kind of like me. I would never accept Lane Kiffin here no matter how many games he won.

I would however welcome Mike Leach to A&M. If nothing more, just to be able to stop losing to him when we have better talent.
gwmAggie
Mike Leach can create an offense with mediocre talent. We can buy a defense. Jimbo can't start a fire with a blow torch.
Bryanisbest
AG
Kellso said:

FCBlitz said:

If you were to read Mike Leach's coaching philosophy you would take him seriously. His coaching philosophy works extremely well for the hard working blue collar kids. Work ethic and love the game can help you win games.

Mike Leach doesn't work so well if he has a boat load of prima donna football who feel they are to good to have to work hard. He doesn't tolerate laziness.

Mike Leach has never coached a first place team because none of his teams ever play above average defense.

I believe he beat an above average defense against us
GoAgs92
AG
The season after the OP Wazzu went 11-2…and easily could have been 12-1 if a missed personal foul call vs USC was made.

Ended up #10.

Wazzu…#10…inconceivable.

So the Original Poster is a bit of a dunce. Although leach isn't enough of a glad hander to work here.
Kellso
GoAgs92 said:

The season after the OP Wazzu went 11-2…and easily could have been 12-1 if a missed personal foul call vs USC was made.

Ended up #10.

Wazzu…#10…inconceivable.

So the Original Poster is a bit of a dunce. Although leach isn't enough of a glad hander to work here.
Mike Price won the PAC-10 two different times when he was at Washington St.....so its not that inconceivable.
Kellso
Bryanisbest said:

Kellso said:

FCBlitz said:

I believe he beat an above average defense against us
Beating Texas A&M in football isn't really that big of a deal.

Gary Patterson, Art Briles and Dave Aranda are big time college football coaches that have coached 1st place teams at schools with "lesser" athletes because those coaches know how to coach defense.

Mike Leach will never be more than a 3rd or 4th place coach because his teams are NEVER good defensively.
GoAgs92
AG
Arranda and Briles are both Leach disciples….wonder what they would say about him…
Kellso
GoAgs92 said:

Arranda and Briles are both Leach disciples….wonder what they would say about him…
Arranda and Briles have coached 1st place teams.

Mike Leach has never coached a team that has ever finished in 1st place.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Pirate wins the egg bowl setting up for an SEC title in '23
Wrecking Crew 21
If nothing else it would be interesting! You not hear the same quotes over and over!
Stat Monitor Repairman
RIP
Sbisa Chef
MODS - Please lock thread.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.