Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny freaking football's comeback begins soon

11,672 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BombayAg
AnalogyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nothing to see here...move along.

so they hold his rights but arent interested in signing him and likely have no other team willing to give up something of value.

basically Johnny says "cut me loose" and i expect thats what will happen.

whether he pursues another team or finds a team willing to gamble on him who knows. but at least he'll be free to pursue a qb job when the whim strikes him next.
zipp99
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

Hamilton is only about an hour away from Toronto where he could hang with Drake. He's already got a BFF nearby.
I smell an MTV reality show....
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." (Albert Einstein)

Sex Panther
AG
zipp99 said:

PlanoAg98 said:

Hamilton is only about an hour away from Toronto where he could hang with Drake. He's already got a BFF nearby.
I smell an MTV MuchMusic reality show....

Fixed it for you eh
petey88

a couple of weeks or so ago, it was reported Hamilton held the rights to JFF, Kaepernick, and baylro bob3. Johnny should take his option and get out, the Tiger Cats were 0-8 when I read the story.

If they want to hold onto the other clowns, have at it. Altho, it be OK to see baylro bob3 flop there as well.
TexAgs91
AG
Let's wreck this league!

Oh wait...
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Secolobo
AG
BZ must have upgraded from scanner to Ham radio.
. . .

Quote:

TORONTO The Canadian Football League released the following statement Wednesday morning regarding the status of international quarterback Johnny Manziel:

"After an extensive process of due diligence and an in-person meeting with Mr. Manziel, the Commissioner has decided that he will not register any contract for Mr. Manziel for this season. However, Mr. Manziel will be eligible to sign a contract for the 2018 season and, if Mr. Manziel meets certain conditions that have been spelled out by the Commissioner, the CFL will register that contract. The specifics of those conditions are confidential and will not be disclosed. The CFL has extended the stay on the expiry of the 10-day window for Mr. Manziel until Nov. 30, 2017 and therefore Mr. Manziel will remain on Hamilton's negotiation list until that date."
Alpha Texan
AG
Will he kneel for the Canadian national anthem?
(jk please don't bring politics into this thread too)
phatbc
Weird
TexAg15
AG
Hamilton probably punted on JFF to avoid another international PR disaster. They tried taking CAB on as OC and their sponsors revolted.
aggies1960
I thought Canada was dope-friendly....
TexAg15
AG
Citation needed.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Can't wait to see the backlash when he does the money sign during O Canada
Windy City Ag
AG
Quote:

After an extensive process of due diligence and an in-person meeting with Mr. Manziel, the Commissioner has decided that he will not register any contract for Mr. Manziel for this season.

Wonder the back story on this, as the CFL takes anything that comes along. Manziel must have shown up drunk for this in-person meeting.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

Wonder the back story on this, as the CFL takes anything that comes along. Manziel must have shown up drunk for this in-person meeting.

Something's fishy. I would have thought any CFL team would take him just for ratings.

However, that's from a Texas A&M bias. I know that most everyone outside of Texas A&M fans do not like JFF. There won't be a big Aggie following as if he played in Dallas/Houston.
NewOldAg
AG
The CFL extended the negotiations window due to the private property suit out in California. Goes back to the party he threw racking up thousands of dollars in damages. Apparently it's back in court, my guess is that settlement talks broke down so they're back on the trial track.
Stumpknocker
Head coaches in Canada make $275-500k per year. Maybe Sumlin can join him up there. Get the old band back together!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Isn't the CFL almost over for the year?

jja79
AG
Grey Cup is in November.
zephyr88
AG
JFF Day in Canada... June 5, 2018
Bodhi
AG
Denied
Quad Dog
AG
jja79 said:

Great Grey Cup is in November.
jja79
AG
I hate autocorrect.
Just an Ag
AG
CFL won't approve Manziel deal for this year
2017-09-27 12:35:08

TORONTO (AP) Johnny Manziel won't be kick-starting his pro football career in the CFL this season.
The league announced Wednesday it won't approve a contract for the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner until next season, and only if he meets certain conditions stipulated by Commissioner Randy Ambrosie. Those conditions are confidential, the league said.

Manziel will be eligible to sign a CFL contract after the season. Ambrosie met with Manziel earlier this week in Toronto. ''I recently had a really positive meeting with Commissioner Ambrosie and welcomed the chance for us to get to know each other and have an in-depth talk about a possible future with the CFL,'' Manziel said in a statement. ''I love this game and want to be back on the field in a situation where I can help a franchise in the long term.

''Over the past months, my agent helped me vet all of my options for playing, figuring out where I could be most effective and get back to having the most fun with the game I love. I'm ready to play today, but we all agreed with the commissioner that it made no sense for me to join a team with only a month left in the season - it wouldn't have been fair to my teammates, coaches or the fan base. I want to come into a team and earn my job day one, like everyone else. I look forward to preparing myself as best I can and look forward to what the future holds.''

The league also said Manziel will remain on the Hamilton Tiger-Cats' negotiation list until Nov. 30. The club has until that time to try to sign Manziel to a future contract or trade him to another team. The former Texas A&M star played two tumultuous seasons in the NFL until the Cleveland Browns released him in March 2016 amid several off-field issues.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Here dum-dums:

Manziel's statement reads:

"I recently had a really positive meeting with Commissioner Ambrosie and welcomed the chance for us to get to know each other and have an in-depth talk about a possible future with the CFL. I love this game and want to be back on the field in a situation where I can help a franchise in the long term. Over the past months, my agent helped me vet all of my options for playing, figuring out where I could be most effective and get back to having the most fun with the game I love. I'm ready to play today, but we all agreed with the Commissioner that it made no sense for me to join a team with only a month left in the season it wouldn't have been fair to my teammates, coaches or the fan base. I want to come into a team and earn my job day one, like everyone else. I look forward to preparing myself as best I can and look forward to what the future holds."
agz win
AG
BABY STEPS.

GO, JOHNNY, GO!
Jock 07
AG
CE Ag 21 said:

Here dum-dums:

Manziel's statement reads:

"I recently had a really positive meeting with Commissioner Ambrosie and welcomed the chance for us to get to know each other and have an in-depth talk about a possible future with the CFL. I love this game and want to be back on the field in a situation where I can help a franchise in the long term. Over the past months, my agent helped me vet all of my options for playing, figuring out where I could be most effective and get back to having the most fun with the game I love. I'm ready to play today, but we all agreed with the Commissioner that it made no sense for me to join a team with only a month left in the season it wouldn't have been fair to my teammates, coaches or the fan base. I want to come into a team and earn my job day one, like everyone else. I look forward to preparing myself as best I can and look forward to what the future holds."
that's a lot of spin
BombayAg
why the F does CFL care who a franchise takes??
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.