Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Since we're throwing out names, interwsting read Frank Wilson

6,080 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ragoo
NyAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If a REAL coaching search is fun be this time, then a guy like Wilson will be on the list and get a look

These ar the types of hires where you can strike gold

To me, this type of hire is better than getting an overpriced vetran from a power 5 school that you have to throw the bank at

Upside on a guy like Wilson is worth the risk at the price you could get him for

If he struggles in the first 3 years it would be easy and cheap to cut the cord

85AustinAg
AG
The more I read, the more intriguing...
texagg14
AG
But does he play rap music at practice? Only way to properly hook the players attention for the entire practice. Ask Saban.
GoldenGun00
AG
I'd never heard of Frank Wilson before this thread, but I kind of like what I read of him. If he does well this year, I wouldn't complain at all about seeing him in the mix.
Tamu_mgm
AG
I get what you're saying. However, in his 3+ seasons he's only had marginal improvement. He's gone 3-9, then 4-8, then 6-7. Improvement or not those are all still 3 losing seasons.

Even if he makes a big jump and gets to 9 wins, I still wouldn't be convinced. Yes defense is his specialty, so his defenses will always be in the range of decent to solid. However, even if he has a big year he's got to show consistency. He hasn't proven anything up to this point other than he can field pretty good defenses. I know that may be asking a lot of a Vandy head coach, but at A&M we are / should be asking of a LOT out of our head coach.
knoxtom
Probably the best hire we could get. Did well at every position, huge recruiter, ready to step up. Unfortunately about 15 schools are going to have him under consideration.

Guys like David Shaw aren't coming here. Guys like Morris aren't good enough.

angus55
I've talking about him since last year. Knows what it takes in the SEC and can recruit like a mutha
AnalogyAg
i wish the few people above would quit talking about Mason at Vandy and his 3 losing seasons- just wanted to make clear that was not reference to Wilson.

FW took UTSA to its first ever bowl in his 1st yr as a HC, and is 2-0 this yr including road win over Baylor. (yes, we know Liberty did same).

This guy is solid though.
Bottlehead90
AG
We played utsa last season. Won 23-10.

What do people remember about their team and how they played? And the coaching?

2thFixinAg
?????????????????
runontexas
AG
angus55 said:

I've talking about him since last year. Knows what it takes in the SEC and can recruit like a mutha

I APPROVE OF THIS MESSAGE
Ragoo
AG
Bottlehead90 said:

We played utsa last season. Won 23-10.

What do people remember about their team and how they played? And the coaching?

all I remember is that our 2017 3rd sting QB started that game and was beyond pedestrian.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.