Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What traditions do we have left or has New Army killed them all?

4,701 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BigLeroy
Tyrone_The_Tuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do we still say Howdy?
Can we walk on the grass now?
Do the fish in the corps still whip out?
Can anyone whoop now?
- RIP SEABASS
- VADER WAS MISUNDERSTOOD
FriscoKid
AG
Meh football team.
pinche gringo
AG
Losing conference games at Kyle
champagnepapi
Old Army died when Justin Bieber was born
americathegreat1492
Hating Vader posts is a pretty strong tradition.
BQ17
Hey Drake, can I have some free tickets?
HoustonAg2106
AG
Every generation thinks the generation before them is new army and that will never change
ABATTBQ11
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Every generation thinks the generation before them is new army and that will never change

Before, or after?
zipp99
AG
It was all over with the advent of the orange water coolers on the sidelines and the demolition of the 'shoe. To be fair, we were warned.
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." (Albert Einstein)

redd38
AG
Here is a conversion I overheard on campus yesterday...

Freshman 1: what organizations are you in?
Freshman 2: lacrosse and bonfire
Freshman 1: what's bonfire?
William_C_G
AG
New tradition still going strong: arriving at the start of the second quarter, texting constantly instead of watching the game, then leaving at the start of the fourth quarter to make it to the frat party before the beer runs out.

And only nasty food at Kyle.
Padre_Island_Ag
AG
Even "new army" cannot kill the tradition of being a complaining Aggie. When we are outscored, we complain. When we beat Nichols by 10 points, we complain. When it's the off season, we complain. That tradition shall live forever...and we'll complain about it!

Let's go Brandon!

Soli Deo Gloria
greg.w.h
AG
Current students determine which traditions continue...other than the tradition of former students being high and mighty on preventing any change and fussing the school is devaluing their degree. Former students own that.
Ian Neff
AG
Honest answer:

Traditions as we used to know them don't really exist anymore.
There are however, polite nods to those now antiquated relics of times past.
philevans
AG
I got out in '61, i still whjp out. That is a living tradition.
TXlic GIGM61
Kuz89
AG
zipp99 said:

It was all over with the advent of the orange water coolers on the sidelines...... To be fair, we were warned.
Whatever happened to BeBopAg?
halfastros81
AG
one more usage of the pimp stick and it's a tradition. Could this be the week?
HoustonAg2106
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Before, or after?
Ooops, after obviously.
Phoenix1
William_C_G said:

New tradition still going strong: arriving at the start of the second quarter, texting constantly instead of watching the game, then leaving at the start of the fourth quarter to make it to the frat party before the beer runs out.

They are more committed than early 90's Ags. I watch the game sitting on my sofa with a Self made BBQ buffet line in my kitchen and adult beverages in my fridge. I'm posting with all the other non committed Ags benching about every play on TexAgs.
InMyOpinion
One tradition will never die, Old Army *****ing about New Army!!
Meximan
Aggies have a tradition of losing second to none among major colleges.
Seanzy2012
AG
americathegreat1492 said:

WAS a strong tradition...until New Army killed Vader...
67walkon
This BS that is going on has to stop. It's a distraction to the players and fans. You got the most unigue college day experience in America and want to have hoods signing rap music and acting like pimps. Shame on us. Light loafer Sharp come on Turd
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Seanzy2012 said:

americathegreat1492 said:

WAS a strong tradition...until New Army killed Vader...

I miss that guy
- RIP SEABASS
- VADER WAS MISUNDERSTOOD
Kentatm
pinche gringo said:

Losing conference games at Kyle
That's technically just bringing back an Old Army tradition. So in a way, New Army is going retro.
Kentatm
William_C_G said:

Member when Texas was the only game that would consistently hit 70k fans at Kyle? I member....
Dr. Mike 69
AG
Never understood the tradition to dunk your Aggie ring into a pitcher of beer or into an ice cream bowl, or whatever. I respect my ring way too much to think about doing that. This has to be one of the oddest "traditions" we've ever had. I worked too hard for that ring to desecrate it.
Gigemags382
AG
Dr. Mike 69 said:

Never understood the tradition to dunk your Aggie ring into a pitcher of beer or into an ice cream bowl, or whatever. I respect my ring way too much to think about doing that. This has to be one of the oddest "traditions" we've ever had. I worked too hard for that ring to desecrate it.

Ok
redjalapeno-87
When I was a student, we didn't have phones to carry in to the stadium. Our phones were back in our dorms and apartments. When we went to the game, we just yelled, and we liked it! Old army fights!
VatoLocoAggie
If you remember Centerpole than you're Old Army.
AggieVictor10
AG
Dr. Mike 69 said:

zephyr88
AG
Dr. Mike 69 said:

You sound fun.
Jock 07
AG
Dr. Mike 69 said:

Bet you're a blast to be with at parties
Krazykat
AG
VatoLocoAggie said:

If you remember Centerpole than you're Old Army.
MondayMorningQB
AG
William_C_G said:

Cough cough ahem.

Sample text from said students:

Ag1: Wassup
Ag2: nm chillin 3rd deck rn
Ag1: oh damn Yp late
Ag2: yeah eff
Ag1: w/e nothing on the field
Ag2: yeah let's get lit on the gates
Ag1: me af rn <insert gif>
Ag2: lmao
Ag1: WHOOP!

...:and so goes the story. What have students had to get excited about for five years?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.