Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dear Coach Sumlin

8,444 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by headshrinker
Ian Neff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am your favorite here in the zoo. And it's because of that, I am writing you.

Everyone here knows that you get paid well. Numerous morans all over the state are so jealous of you that they literally can't get thoughts you out of their mind. We both know that's part of the job.

But unlike most of the "people" here, we both know that you'd do this work for free. And it's with that fact in mind that I tell you this:

Texas A&M University is a magical place with a history unlike any other school in the nation, and Kyle Field for many of us, is our favorite place on earth. And if this is your last year, please know that none of us wanted this end. But please keep this fact forever in your heart...

This is our fault. There is something wrong with us. We are the Bermuda of CFB. No one understands it. This place gives miracles (JFF) and doles out curses with reckless abandon (everything else). We are the wandering stars for whom black darkness has been reserved forever.

Someday, when you're hoisting the National Championship Trophy over your head at another school, know that for many of us, you'll be our Andy Dufresne.

You are loved. Amen.
Picard
AG
Dear OP,

You're an idiot.

Signed,
TexAgs

SidetrackAg
AG
Hey, that's not nice!
C Loves L
Would someone just simply forge Ian's prescription refill?!?
Leander - Ag
AG
It's not you. It's me.
cords12
With what I've seen of Sumlin's coaching ability the last few years, he shouldn't be doing the work for free, he should be paying TAMU
turfman80
AG
Posting when drunk can leave you with regrets
aggiehawg
AG
Ian Neff said:

Everyone here knows that you get paid well. Numerous morans all over the state are so jealous of you that they literally can't get thoughts you out of their mind. We both know that's part of the job.

But unlike most of the "people" here, we both know that you'd do this work for free. And it's with that fact in mind that I tell you this:

Texas A&M University is a magical place with a history unlike any other school in the nation, and Kyle Field for many of us, is our favorite place on earth. And if this is your last year, please know that none of us wanted this end. But please keep this fact forever in your heart...

This is our fault. There is something wrong with us. We are the Bermuda of CFB. No one understands it. This place gives miracles (JFF) and doles out curses with reckless abandon (everything else). We are the wandering stars for whom black darkness has been reserved forever.

Someday, when you're hoisting the National Championship Trophy over your head at another school, know that for many of us, you'll be our Andy Dufresne.

You are loved. Amen.
Either that is most BAS thing ever or you have a great deal of practice dumping romantic interests. "It's not you, it's me."

Either way, that's impressive.
SA-AG72
AG
Nice troll, OP.
aggiebq03+
Dear Coach Sumlin:

Jagman83
AG
Stockholm syndrome is a real thing....
welborn
Cool OP! Mail it & let's see the stamp postmarked.
Ag4coal
Ian, you're a great poster, so I'm going to go with this is a troll. I hope I'm right
ABATTBQ11
AG
Picard said:

Dear OP,

You're an idiot.

Signed,
TexAgs

PS **** off
welborn
Picard said:

Dear OP,

You're an idiot.

Signed,
TexAgs

It appears that you favor throwing $ away recklessly. I'd love to talk to you about investment opportunities in Hearne Texas. PM for details.
CrazyDayDuck
Lay off the acid bro.
FriscoKid
AG
Wow...Just wow!

zipp99
AG

Et tu Joannie?
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." (Albert Einstein)

kevmiller
texagg14
AG
Ian- I like you but tha fuq?
ByrdEWhiteTrash
AG
Picard said:

Dear OP,

You're an idiot.

Signed,
TexAgs

Love me some Ian, but I was number 52 saying he is an idiot.
texagg14
AG
Ian Neff
AG
That cracked me up. Well, at least you helped to make that dudes life better. He's never had so many stars in his absurd presence here.

Bottom line - I'm not in the camp that says that Sumlin is "arrogant" - and I'm laughing at every single last one of you who claims that he is.

Because y'all were the same people who had some of the most amazing gifs with phallic machine guns representing his awesomeness..... when we were winning. No arrogance accusations then.

The post is simple. It's part troll, part disgust with you all, and part sadness that Sumlin hasn't worked out.

But mostly it's an indictment against whatever it is that plagues us. Ever since RC. We've had a brush with greatness Bc of Johnny, but the rest of the time it's been inexplicable mediocrity. And it bums me out.

So to all of you who don't get it, I'll track you down tomorrow morning at LaMadeline, where you enjoy your quiche, and fight you in the face for REAL.

(That's a joke, for those of you who lack a sense of nuance).
yell_on_6th st
AG
Ian Neff said:

You are loved. Amen.

I love you Ian, maybe because Ian is my middle name but I think it's something more.

I want you to be my boyfriend. I'm not gay but now I'm seriously considering it. No, i want you to be my boyfriend just so you will break up with me and I can feel the bittersweet love that Coach Sumlin knows.

I'm starting to get it, the beauty, the pain, one doesn't exist without the other, the snowflake always has to melt...
FriscoKid
AG
You might have a point, but your original post sucked and your follow up was only a little better.

Which LaMadelines are you going to tomorrow?
Ian Neff
AG
They can't all be great.
You don't want to be at the LaMadelines Bc it will be a fight.
FriscoKid
AG
Ian Neff said:

They can't all be great.
You don't want to be at the LaMadelines Bc it will be a fight.

Yeah I really do.
Ian Neff
AG
I don't need help. I got this.
FishingAggie
Way to post to keep your thread going.

It died. It smells dead it's dead.
The only that stinks more than a dead thread is the op keeping it alive.

Let go.
CrazyDayDuck
yell_on_6th st said:

Ian Neff said:

You are loved. Amen.

I love you Ian, maybe because Ian is my middle name but I think it's something more.

I want you to be my boyfriend. I'm not gay but now I'm seriously considering it. No, i want you to be my boyfriend just so you will break up with me and I can feel the bittersweet love that Coach Sumlin knows.

I'm starting to get it, the beauty, the pain, one doesn't exist without the other, the snowflake always has to melt...

You two need to get a room.

Or go to the General Board.
Meximan
Picard said:

Dear OP,

You're an idiot.

Signed,
TexAgs

He's not wrong.
Meximan
Ian I mean.
Hu11abaloo
AG
Ian Neff said:

when we were winning.
sorry OP, but can you help jog my memory of when in the sumlin era this was? I'm having a tough time recalling, especially since we've lost our last six games against P5 programs, including one in the big 12 with a 130yr old coach.
TD95
AG
Picard. Nails it.
Dr. Mike 69
AG
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.