Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Explain Chad Morris Infatuation. What am I Missing?

9,172 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PlanetAggie
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bama wanted to hire jim leavitt from usf after they went 9-3 one year. even sent a plane down to tampa to pick him up but he didn't get on. usf was a nobody at the time (and still is for the most part). don't get all high and mighty because we paid a pretty penny for new stadium.
JP77040
MsDoubleD81 said:

Cuterebra said:

What do you have against Sherrill?

I thought he was a good coach.

Exactly! Which is why we don't need someone who "gets A&M". He learned to love it once he got here.
Maybe Sherrill isn't the guy, but I think they could hire him as a consultant to find the guy. We need to find the next Sabin before they are the next Sabin.
OutdoorAg
AG
You really have no clue do you.
OutdoorAg
AG
Everyone wanted Morris 6 years ago when we fired Sherman. Now some of those same people are opposed to him.
PlanetAggie
AG
Rebel Yell said:

Godzilla the Trill said:

We need to let Morris finish this year out IMO.
You need to remember that he is coaching at SMU of all places, and when he arrived in 2015 he inheritied a team that went 1-11.
Each year he has improved. 2-10 to 5-7 to starting 2-0 this year.
I'm not saying that these improvements are significantly impressive, but if he finishes with 9+ wins this year I think he could be a viable candidate.
He was the highest paid OC at clemson for a reason, just hope he emphasizes defense as well if he does end up coming here.

This.

8+ wins this year would move Ag public opinion behind him.
And then it will be too late.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.