Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

About the letter being posted!

12,022 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgFan131
C Loves L
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mrs Sumlin said she first contacted local authorities but nothing could be done due to the nature of what was written.

This tells me that Coach Sumlin gave her the green light to post it on Twitter??
halfastros81
AG
they should not have taken it public imo. Notify law enforcement and let them do their job. it feels like playing "the race card" even if that wasn't the intent. . there is no real evidence it came from an Aggie or an A&M supporter in the first place. It could just have been a stunt to make A&M look bad and it apparently accomplished that goal. It should play zero role in any performance evaluation.
Capt. Augustus McCrae
AG
We live in a day and age that if you don't post something on social media, it never happened.
aggiebq03+
I don't care.

This is my response to anything related to coach Sumlin until he's gone.
C Loves L
I would think a coach wouldn't want that type of distraction. He's also not the first coach to get a "threatening letter".

The letter should have never been written but the Sumlin's should have been more professional that this. They probably gave the author of the letter exactly what they wanted
Martin Q. Blank
She said "what if my kids saw this?" Well, you posted it publicly so now they have.
ham98
It's not going to look good to Sumlin's next potential employers.
TMartin
Would you feel differently if Sumlin had mentioned "the letter" instead of having his wife go public?
C Loves L
TMartin said:

Would you feel differently if Sumlin had mentioned "the letter" instead of having his wife go public?

I would have felt better if he had never told a soul.
I would have felt better with him just saying an "inappropriate letter" and maybe follow up with "we have wonderful fans and this is by no means a reflection of A&M"
AggieKatie2
AG
It's over with...move on....
schwack schwack
AG
It's obvious she was hoping it would get to the Outdoor Board for solving....
Muy
AG
At this point either they did this to make A&M look bad knowing her husband's about to get fired, or she wrote the letter herself.
Strategy
AG
At the end of the day it is name calling.

A very low form, but factually that is all it is.
Hamburger Dan
Muy is correct.
Ribbed Paultz
Why do so many dumb people post this? It's obvious she meant what if her kids opened the letter and were first to see it. Are you so stupid that someone has to spell it out for you? Smh.
Ribbed Paultz
What an incredibly moronic assessment. Too many hits on the head when you were young? The chances the Sumlins wrote this letter are zero.

And you wonder why other fan bases laugh at us....
libertyag
AG
Ribbed Paultz said:

Why do so many dumb people post this? It's obvious she meant what if her kids opened the letter and were first to see it. Are you so stupid that someone has to spell it out for you? Smh.
lol, I know my kids open my mail all the time. They can't wait to open it all. Even the bills. Really pisses me off when they open the birthday cards, I never know if they took the cash or just didn't get any.
MatthewRothell
AG
I was trying to figure out someway to feel bad for them but they BUT HE MAKES 5 MILLION A YEAR and SUCKS

WELL DUHH HATE MAIL IS COMING
Spaceball 1
AG
It's disgusting. I don't blame her for going public. Kevin has handled the hot seat talk well. But racism and threats delivered to his home is a step too far.

Esteban du Plantier
AG
If the law can't do anything about it, posting it online only does one thing: bring dishonor and negative attention on the university.

Either they're stupid or trying to stir up ***** Either way, unacceptable.
AggieWonWon
Wait I was told it was a terroristic threat and that the FBI and the Texans Rangers would be on the case!? WTH?

So sad the amount of dummies on here.
cr
Sumlins gone, let's move on.
AggieWonWon
HUH she was worried about her kids reading it period and putting it on twitter ensured they read it.

What don't you get?
BAS for life
Shut up OP! Get a life.
pinche gringo
AG
Ribbed Paultz said:

What an incredibly moronic assessment. Too many hits on the head when you were young? The chances the Sumlins wrote this letter are zero.

Says the one with no Ag tag. Go away, already.
Craigy
When is she gonna post the letters of support the coach has received?
67walkon
Whether it's real or FAKE it's BS
AggieWonWon
pinche gringo said:

Ribbed Paultz said:

Macurhtar, RuonTexas, and Ribbed Pultz all sip trolls not sure why they post here.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
All the people not defending the Sumlins are the only ones making A&M look bad...

You can defend them on this and still think he is a garbage football coach that needs to be fired.
Macarthur
AggieWonWon said:

pinche gringo said:

Ribbed Paultz said:

Macurhtar, RuonTexas, and Ribbed Pultz all sip trolls not sure why they post here.
Wrong
DrZ
AG
The Sumlins didn't write this
An Aggie didn't write this
Someone wrote it trying to embarrass us and HCC. No one puts a return address on this letter except as a red herring
Time will prove this out.
WC94
AG
Buzbee throws Sumlin under the bus, Mrs Sumlin says "We've been putting up with this **** for 5 years", how dare you! Short sighted on both parties, damage done. Time to move on.
Johnny2Fan
I'm pulling for sumlin to fix this team and keep his job.
Ribbed Paultz
[You know that you can't post like that on here and you know that you have a short leash. -Staff]
Ribbed Paultz
She posted that she received lots of messages of support. Can you not read?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.