Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

About the letter being posted!

12,026 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgFan131
cannon91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
the fact that anyone could have put that in there should have caused Mrs. Sumlin to not post it online. However I tend to think emotionally she's worn out by the grind. Her husband hasn't lived up to his contract for multiple years and they both know it. I'm have no doubt they're nice people but in the end posting this only makes A&M look bad - as stupid as that is. Nothing is gained here IMO. And I've listened to the skeptics stating that this is helping to prop up Kevin for the next job (atmosphere at A&M was toxic, racist, etc). I choose to believe they wouldn't do that for that reason.

It's almost over now, a few more games and he's done and we can all move on.
S.A. Aggie
AG
I would not doubt a sip sent the letter.
sharpdressedman
Bunk Moreland said:

STOP. BRINGING. IT. UP.

It's an old story. Unless they somehow find this rogue troll who sent the despicable letter...it's over. Move on. The Sumlin's most likely have (other than the investigation).

Stop actively trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.
The molehill quickly grew into a nation-wide scandal that terribly smeared our university and all who are associated with it. Moreover, it has grown legs and the media, opposing coaches, and competitors' fan bases will use it against us into at least the foreseeable future.

You are smarter than to suggest it's an old story and it's over.

IMO, the only acceptable outcome is to find the perpetrator and expose his/her motive. If it was someone in the Aggie family, so be it and additional embarrassment will be suffered by us all. If, as many strongly suspect, it was a fraud initiated by an "outsider" for the sole purpose of injuring A&M, vindication of our school and fans will be both sweet and just.

Aggies should not be pinned with a scarlet letter without proof and asked to accept it quietly and move on.
coop214
AG
Let it go bro. Stop blaming the victim.
AgFan131
It was a little old granny from Houston Country Club. And she's an ag.
TexasAggie_97
AG
AgFan131 said:

Doubtful
GoodOldAgs
AgFan131 said:

Link?
GoodOldAgs
sharpdressedman said:

Bunk Moreland said:

STOP. BRINGING. IT. UP.

It's an old story. Unless they somehow find this rogue troll who sent the despicable letter...it's over. Move on. The Sumlin's most likely have (other than the investigation).

The molehill quickly grew into a nation-wide scandal that terribly smeared our university and all who are associated with it. Moreover, it has grown legs and the media, opposing coaches, and competitors' fan bases will use it against us into at least the foreseeable future.

IMO, the only acceptable outcome is to find the perpetrator and expose his/her motive. If it was someone in the Aggie family, so be it and additional embarrassment will be suffered by us all. If, as many strongly suspect, it was a fraud initiated by an "outsider" for the sole purpose of injuring A&M, vindication of our school and fans will be both sweet and just.

Aggies should not be pinned with a scarlet letter without proof and asked to accept it quietly and move on.

This
Wabs
AG
sharpdressedman said:

Bunk Moreland said:

STOP. BRINGING. IT. UP.

I agree with this 100%. It by no means that I'm "blaming the victim", not supporting the Sumlins, or think the letter wasn't despicable. Some people here can't make that distinction.
CrazyDayDuck
AgFan131 said:

A&M has only been coed since '63.

The chance that it was written by "little old granny from Houston Country Club. And she's an ag." are pretty slim.

But hey, what are facts, right?
aggiehawg
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

AgFan131 said:

A&M has only been coed since '63.

The chance that it was written by "little old granny from Houston Country Club. And she's an ag." are pretty slim.

But hey, what are facts, right?
I'm a step-grandmother at 58. Class of '80. (And, no, I don't live anywhere near Houston Country Club.)

Still, it is hard for me to believe that an Ag from my approximate era would send a letter like that.
CrazyDayDuck
Step-grandmother?

I've never heard that term used.

No offense but when my grandfather passed and my grandmother remarried, I never considered him a step-grandfather. I always called him "My grandmother's new husband".

I guess the term fits though.

Going back to my comment, I really doubt that there are many grandmothers with Aggie rings at that Houston Country Club. Likewise, I have my doubts that the letter was even mailed from Houston, let alone by an Aggie.
Bird Poo
AG
My step dad's parents are my step grandparents. It's not that hard to comprehend, especially if a bond wasn't formed at an early age.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Step-grandmother?
I have no direct descendants. My second husband has three children who have children. Since I have known his children since they were preteens, have paid for weddings, down payments for houses, trips etc. I am their step-mother.

Their children call me by my first name, not "grandma."
BQZip01
AG
Who's blaming the victim?
AgFan131
TexasAggie_97 said:

AgFan131 said:

Doubtful

It wasn't a question, but doubt all you'd like.
GoodOldAgs
AgFan131 said:

TexasAggie_97 said:

AgFan131 said:

Doubtful

It wasn't a question, but doubt all you'd like.

Did I stutter? LINK?
AgFan131

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.