Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

About the letter being posted!

12,092 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgFan131
Ribbed Paultz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[Two weeks. Your next one is permanent. -Staff]
Brazos Born
AggieWonWon said:

pinche gringo said:

Ribbed Paultz said:

What an incredibly moronic assessment. Too many hits on the head when you were young? The chances the Sumlins wrote this letter are zero.

And you wonder why other fan bases laugh at us....

Says the one with no Ag tag. Go away, already.
Macurhtar, RuonTexas, and Ribbed Pultz all sip trolls not sure why they post here.
MacArthur is a TCU troll
BQZip01
AG
I'm not the guy who is saying someone in the Sumlin family wrote it or that someone else wrote it because they asked him/her to. I don't think that's the case (but, like anything, I'm keeping an open mind). I've also had a death threat issued against me personally by a terrorist organization. I'm WELL aware of what can go on in your mind at that time. So, I ask the following questions NOT to sway any opinion, but to better understand the situation.

1. There's no postmark on the letter. don't see any other markings on the envelope either (such as a bar code that sometimes gets printed on it). Is it possible to simply miss this one when marking things in the postal service? It's my understanding the answer is "no" since it's so highly automated, but I'm willing to be wrong.

2. Do the Sumlins have a mailbox or a PO Box? If they have their own Mailbox, do they have security cameras? Does their subdivision/community have cameras? If they have a PO Box, who else has access to their box?

3. I understand Ms Sumlin's concern that one of their kids could have opened it...but how many people here have their kids open the mail that isn't addressed to them. I don't know of a single time my kids have done that and I can't remember opening something for my parents. It's possible I'm in the minority here, so be gentle. It's also well within the realm of possibility of this being merely an utterance/frustration/irrational worry made in the heat of the moment. Quite frankly, it proves nothing.

Without this information, making a conclusion that "THIS IS A FAKE LETTER!!!" or "HOW DARE YOU SAY IT'S FAKE!!!" is simply out of line. Neither camp has enough information to draw a reasonable conclusion.
Bunk Moreland
STOP. BRINGING. IT. UP.

It's an old story. Unless they somehow find this rogue troll who sent the despicable letter...it's over. Move on. The Sumlin's most likely have (other than the investigation).

Stop actively trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.
Viper16
AG
libertyag said:

Ribbed Paultz said:

Why do so many dumb people post this? It's obvious she meant what if her kids opened the letter and were first to see it. Are you so stupid that someone has to spell it out for you? Smh.
lol, I know my kids open my mail all the time. They can't wait to open it all. Even the bills. Really pisses me off when they open the birthday cards, I never know if they took the cash or just didn't get any.

Dang, I have the same problem! LOL
85AustinAg
AG
Why can't we let this go... Posts like this blasting Mrs Sumlin just make us look like racist idiots.
74OA
AG
Let me tell you something. If some ******* sent something like that to my family, I'd move heaven and earth to get at them, and the law be damned. It's amazing that some apparently believe the Sumlin's aren't entitled to a similar emotional reaction simply because he's a coach. The hell with that, and those of you who say you wouldn't react the same way are sanctimonious hypocrites.

The real motivation behind many of these posts is a personal dislike of Sumlin as a man and, by extension, his wife. The half-baked second-guessing has little to do with this incident and everything to do with straightforward hating.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
85AustinAg said:

Why can't we let this go... Posts like this blasting Mrs Sumlin just make us look like racist idiots.
SMH. What in the OP is "racist"? Some of you seem to think disagreeing with a person who isn't white = racism. We learned during the Johnny and Kenny Hill indiscretions that Coach Sumlin takes a strict approach to social media that reflects poorly on the program. There was nothing positive about publicizing the original message on social media, and the Sumlins deserve criticism for their handling of this situation.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
VatoLocoAggie
Sum sip wrote this letter and anyone that doesn't realize this is a blind ignorant fool!
BQZip01
AG
Bunk,

I bring it up because it isn't an old story. It's still in the news. Perhaps people know something I don't and I'm asking in order to understand.

"The Sumlin's most likely have (other than the investigation)."

So, basically, others are still investigating it...it's hardly an old story then

"Stop actively trying to make a mountain out of a molehill."
Who's making a mountain out of anything. I'm just saying I don't understand. Anyone have any answers?
BQZip01
AG
Who is blasting Ms Sumlin? I'm not. I'm genuinely wondering if other people's kids open their mail Just because it doesn't make sense to me doesn't mean it isn't common practice elsewhere. If it isn't, then just say so.
pinche gringo
AG
74OA said:

Let me tell you something. If some ******* sent something like that to my family, I'd move heaven and earth to get at them, and the law be damned. It's amazing that some apparently believe the Sumlin's aren't entitled to a similar reaction simply because he's a coach. The hell with that, and those of you who say you wouldn't react the same way are sanctimonious hypocrites.

The real motivation behind many of these posts is a personal dislike of Sumlin as a man and, by extension, his wife. The half-baked criticism has little to do with this incident and everything to do with straightforward hating.

The real motivation behind many of "these posts" is actually not hate or a personal dislike of Coach Sumlin. Most people posting here are finished with him as our coach and are ready for him to hit the road, but nobody here thinks this letter is acceptable or is defending it. If that's what you really think, then I have no words for you.

However, many of us think it is equally unacceptable to blindly assume an Ag sent that letter until that has been proven as fact, and are willing to stand up and call bullsht until this is proven.

The suspicious circumstances and nature of the letter, which have been discussed in detail, combined with the decision by Mrs Sumlin to go public with it in the way she did, raises many questions as to the authenticity of the letter and the motivation of whoever was responsible for its existence. This whole situation stinks like shenanigans and not like a disgruntled fan.

The blind, knee-jerk reaction to automatically accept anything posted to social media or said by a reporter as fact and spouting off at the mouth instead of thinking critically is what many of us take issue with. As I posted earlier in the thread, what are the potential consequences of sending this letter, and who has the most to gain from it? Start there.

HTownAg
AG
Blaming the victims in this whole racist mess rather than the perpetrator. Way to go Ags.

No wonder why so many people hate A&M.

Joan Wilder
AG
I don't care who wrote the letter. Ag, Sip, random troll, "jokester"....this s*** is NOT OKAY. You do not send a letter to a person's home calling them the N word. What is wrong with people?!

Good for Charlene for exposing this cowardly POS and good for her for refusing to back down to randoms calling her a liar and demanding her silence in the face of this ugliness SENT TO HER HOME.
cevans_40
AG
HTownAg said:

Blaming the victims in this whole racist mess rather than the perpetrator. Way to go Ags.

She posted the letter on social media accusing an Aggie fan of writing it. This is not a proven fact. She cast blame on a group who has made her family very wealthy. I have no problem with attempting to find the author and prosecuting them if found. I just think it was handled poorly. She chose her own self interest over that if the university's. If it turns out to be someone with no affiliation to texas a&m, then she has done irreparable damage to the school for no reason.
HTownAg
AG
cevans_40 said:

HTownAg said:

She posted the letter on social media accusing an Aggie fan of writing it. This is not a proven fact. She cast blame on a group who has made her family very wealthy. I have no problem with attempting to find the author and prosecuting them if found. I just think it was handled poorly. She chose her own self interest over that if the university's. If it turns out to be someone with no affiliation to texas a&m, then she has done irreparable damage to the school for no reason.
I saved her original tweet from my reply to her after she posted it. She did not accuse an Aggie fan of writing it, at least not in her original tweet.

She acted in the best interest of her family, as I would have done if my family received a threatening, racist letter than ended with .....or else.

P.H. Dexippus
AG
Clarke95 said:

Good for Charlene for exposing this cowardly POS

No she didn't, that's the whole point. It could've been anyone, but public suspicion will fall on our fan base.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Schrute
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Clarke95 said:

Good for Charlene for exposing this cowardly POS

No she didn't, that's the whole point. It could've been anyone, but public suspicion will fall on our fan base.
There are Aggies on this board that have flat out stated that it was an Aggie or "Aggie booster" that sent the letter. Of course when I ask how do they know that for a fact, they no longer post on that thread...
Jaycad
Spaceball 1 said:

It's disgusting. I don't blame her for going public. Kevin has handled the hot seat talk well. But racism and threats delivered to his home is a step too far.

What threat would that be? Or else I'll give up my season tickets? I'll call you another name? there is no threat. It was a stupid, racist thing that happened but there is no crime.
BQZip01
AG
"...or else" is pretty threatening and the police are taking it as such
BQZip01
AG
No one blamed the victim here that I can see.

Being critical of their response is valid criticism.

Let's say someone calls me a name (pick one; imagine a REALLY bad one)
In response, let's say I drive all over their lawn after it rains.

Criticism of my actions is valid and independent of the other person's namecalling.
zipp99
AG
halfastros81 said:

they should not have taken it public imo. Notify law enforcement and let them do their job. it feels like playing "the race card" even if that wasn't the intent. . there is no real evidence it came from an Aggie or an A&M supporter in the first place. It could just have been a stunt to make A&M look bad and it apparently accomplished that goal. It should play zero role in any performance evaluation.
Somewhat. I think it was an attempt to buttress an otherwise indefensible situation -- to keep Sumlin virtually "untouchable" for another year to prove that we're not racist jackholes.
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." (Albert Einstein)

kevmiller
Lot Y Tailgate said:

All the people not defending the Sumlins are the only ones making A&M look bad...

Nope not true

I don't think Sumlin's should of made it public.
As someone mentioned above.. It's basically name calling Just to a high degree. And call a spade a spade.. Many of the artist whose songs we hear at Kyle and what they play at practice use that word in many of their songs. So it must not be that offensive to Sumlin.
I don't agree with it ....but making $5 million a year I would of laughed at it and tossed it in the trash and wouldn't of even thought twice about it.

kevmiller
BQZip01 said:

"...or else" is pretty threatening and the police are taking it as such

Police may be but the phrase " or else" would not hold up in court of law
turboboost
AG
DrZ said:

The Sumlins didn't write this
An Aggie didn't write this
Someone wrote it trying to embarrass us and HCC. No one puts a return address on this letter except as a red herring
Time will prove this out.
I can't wait to see the sip...I'm sorry, I mean the poo poo hole that actually started this crap. That is the only thing left entertaining left for football the remaining season to anticipate! It's glorious.

Oh, BTW...Mr Mond will be a BOSS! Give this young man time. I'm not a Mazz fan, but I can see why he is clinging to Mond. Re-watch that game, he wasn't that bad. In time, the dude will lead us to the promise land.
cevans_40
AG
HTownAg said:

cevans_40 said:

HTownAg said:

I saved her original tweet from my reply to her after she posted it. She did not accuse an Aggie fan of writing it, at least not in her original tweet.

She acted in the best interest of her family, as I would have done if my family received a threatening, racist letter than ended with .....or else.

I guess you got me on semantics. She knew (or should have known) it would be credited to an Aggie and that's where I take issue. I have had plenty of disagreements and even been threatened by other aggies, but I have yet to go to social media and throw the entire university under the bus.
cevans_40
AG
turboboost said:

DrZ said:

The Sumlins didn't write this
An Aggie didn't write this
Someone wrote it trying to embarrass us and HCC. No one puts a return address on this letter except as a red herring
Time will prove this out.
I can't wait to see the sip...I'm sorry, I mean the poo poo hole that actually started this crap. That is the only thing left entertaining left for football the remaining season to anticipate! It's glorious.

Oh, BTW...Mr Mond will be a BOSS! Give this young man time. I'm not a Mazz fan, but I can see why he is clinging to Mond. Re-watch that game, he wasn't that bad. In time, the dude will lead us to the promise land.

Sadly it will get zero media coverage if it turns out to be a hoax
FCBlitz
Lot Y Tailgate said:

All the people not defending the Sumlins are the only ones making A&M look bad...

You can defend them on this and still think he is a garbage football coach that needs to be fired.

Wrong!
IDaggie06
AG
can I go to the authorities for the money the $5 million they've been stealing the past few years?
tjack16
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

She said "what if my kids saw this?" Well, you posted it publicly so now they have.
They had already seen the letter... she was saying if you send out hateful mail like that, know that the person's spouse or kids could be the one that sees it.
CrottyKid
AG
Why are kids opening letters addressed to their father? I see Sumlin bows down to all teenagers, not just QB recruits.
C Loves L
BQZip01 said:

Who is blasting Ms Sumlin? I'm not. I'm genuinely wondering if other people's kids open their mail Just because it doesn't make sense to me doesn't mean it isn't common practice elsewhere. If it isn't, then just say so.

When i was a kid i always opened up my dad's magazines that were mailed in black plastic.
AggieWonWon
74OA said:

Let me tell you something. If some ******* sent something like that to my family, I'd move heaven and earth to get at them, and the law be damned. It's amazing that some apparently believe the Sumlin's aren't entitled to a similar emotional reaction simply because he's a coach. The hell with that, and those of you who say you wouldn't react the same way are sanctimonious hypocrites.

The real motivation behind many of these posts is a personal dislike of Sumlin as a man and, by extension, his wife. The half-baked second-guessing has little to do with this incident and everything to do with straightforward hating.
and what would you do once you found them? You wouldn't do anything.
Agsgirl
LBM-Aggie-2014 said:

We live in a day and age that if you don't post something on social media, it never happened.
This!
BQZip01
AG
FCBlitz said:

Lot Y Tailgate said:

You can defend them on this and still think he is a garbage football coach that needs to be fired.

Wrong!
Why not?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.