Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Gary Patterson

17,343 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ftworthag02
WTF95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
needs to be our top choice. Defensive minded, knows to hire a good OC, knows Texas recruiting, makes the most of his lesser talent. Do it.
aggiehawg
AG
He'll never leave TCU.
Nino Brown
Patterson, Morris and Venables should be the short list
Pleasant Friendly Ag
aggiehawg said:

He'll never leave TCU.

Yes, he will.
Agnzona
If I am him I wouldn't leave.
45-70Ag
AG
He isn't leaving tcu
He's had chances and A&M isn't getting him.
aggiehawg
AG
Pleasant Friendly Ag said:

aggiehawg said:

He'll never leave TCU.

Yes, he will.
Why do you say that?
oneeyedag
Funny, Patterson ain't leaving TCU. Why leave the current best football team in Texas, in a town that loves him?

Pleasant Friendly Ag
aggiehawg said:

Pleasant Friendly Ag said:

aggiehawg said:

He'll never leave TCU.

Yes, he will.
Why do you say that?

Because it's factually correct, whereas saying he will never leave TCU is factually incorrect.
Nino Brown
Well no matter what you think there's still some uncertainty with big12 future. Where do you think tcu would land when it comes down? There's your answer
cr
aggiehawg said:

He'll never leave TCU.

Why?

He says he has five places he would leave TCU for. I don't think we've ever approached him.
JaceAG12
garc said:

aggiehawg said:

He'll never leave TCU.

Why?

He says he has five places he would leave TCU for. I don't think we've ever approached him.

False. He's not leaving ever. And like bayside says almost any school can match whatever we want to try and pay him.
Joe Exotic
AG
garc said:

aggiehawg said:

He'll never leave TCU.

Why?

He and his wife are intertwined heavily with TCU booster business and real estate. The guy is pretty much tied into tr local Fort Worth community. And besides, TCU boosters could match anything we offered him. There's a reason you never hear his name when jobs open.
Joe Exotic
AG
Irish_Man said:

He isn't leaving tcu

See, we agree on things
cr
JaceAG12 said:

garc said:

aggiehawg said:

He'll never leave TCU.

Why?

False. He's not leaving ever. And like bayside says almost any school can match whatever we want to try and pay him.

Which part is false? I know for a fact he has a list of five places because he said so in an interview.

Is Bayside an authority on Patterson?
Joe Exotic
AG
garc said:

JaceAG12 said:

garc said:

aggiehawg said:

He'll never leave TCU.

Why?

Which part is false? I know for a fact he has a list of five places because he said so in an interview.

Is Bayside an authority on Patterson?

Link the interview
cr
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

garc said:

aggiehawg said:

He'll never leave TCU.

Why?

He and his wife are intertwined heavily with TCU booster business and real estate. The guy is pretty much tied into tr local Fort Worth community. And besides, TCU boosters could match anything we offered him. There's a reason you never hear his name when jobs open.

So he lied when he said he has five places he'd leave TCU for? OK.
45-70Ag
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Irish_Man said:

He isn't leaving tcu

See, we agree on things

Did we just become friends
aggiehawg
AG
Nino Brown said:

Well no matter what you think there's still some uncertainty with big12 future. Where do you think tcu would land when it comes down? There's your answer
I'm unconvinced the Big XII goes anywhere at this point. The only feasible conference spot for the sips and sooners is the PAC, and no one else gets an invite. Big XII adds two-four programs and continues.
Joe Exotic
AG
garc said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

garc said:

aggiehawg said:

He'll never leave TCU.

Why?

So he lied when he said he has five places he'd leave TCU for? OK.

Link it
cr
"Patterson, whose TCU team plays Oregon in the Alamo Bowl in San Antonio on Jan. 2, said he has a list of five places he would leave TCU for, given the chance, but he's not going to disclose them.

"Here's what I always say I always say, 'Never say never,' because there are people that say they'll never leave and then they go," he said. "So I never say never. But just look at my track record and how I've approached things."

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article51240680.html
Macarthur
What interview and when was it?

Back when A&M hired Sherman, Patterson wanted a call but didn't get it. That ship has sailed.

I have family that are frogs, and as bay said, he is extremely tied into the infrastructure there at TCU. It would not be easy for him to leave even if he wanted to.
Macarthur
And don't forget his wife is from there and they love it and the school has a statue of him.
cr
Ok, ignore Pattersons own words. For fcks sake. Pride cometh before the fall.
TheWoodsAg
AG
He has annuities in place that pay out to him (or his family if he dies) for life as long as he stays and then retires at TCU. There's a statue of him in front of their offices. He's not leaving TCU unless it's in a pine box.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
7-6
4-8
12-1
11-2
6-7

Against the worst conference in college football.

He would have been fired twice already for his record here.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

"I'm about fit," Patterson said. "And I tell coaches all the time you got to make sure you don't go for a title, you don't go for money, you go for fit. Is it better? Is it going to be a better experience for you? And I try to help them if that's what they want. I'm not one of those guys that gets upset, throws things, all that kind of stuff. They helped me be where I'm at, so if it's right for them, then they should do it."
TCU versus A&M. How would that "fit"??? How would A&M be a better fit than the medium expectations of a small fan base in Fort Worth?
JaceAG12
TheWoodsAg said:

He has annuities in place that pay out to him (or his family if he dies) for life as long as he stays and then retires at TCU. There's a statue of him in front of their offices. He's not leaving TCU unless it's in a pine box.

This. Tcu will make sure he's compensated enough that he will never leave. Even if one of those 5 teams come calling.
HToady
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

garc said:

aggiehawg said:

He'll never leave TCU.

Why?

Not to mention his wife is also a UT Alum. You will NEVER catch she or Gary "bending over" on the A&M sideline.
Gary may have his top 5 but A&M isn't one of them.
cr
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

"I'm about fit," Patterson said. "And I tell coaches all the time you got to make sure you don't go for a title, you don't go for money, you go for fit. Is it better? Is it going to be a better experience for you? And I try to help them if that's what they want. I'm not one of those guys that gets yupset, throws things, all that kind of stuff. They helped me be where I'm at, so if it's right for them, then they should do it."
TCU versus A&M. How would that "fit"??? How would A&M be a better fit than the medium expectations of a small fan base in Fort Worth?

So Patterson is all about being paid without the stress of high expectations, if I understand your take. Ok. What other five locations would improve that?

I'm not going to draw any conclusions from his comments because I don't know "fit" means to him, other than not choosing a school based on the criteria he laid out.
cr
JaceAG12 said:

TheWoodsAg said:

This. Tcu will make sure he's compensated enough that he will never leave. Even if one of those 5 teams come calling.

He said "i would leave TCU", but he would stay if money whipped? He also says money would not be the reason he left. I know it's hard to accept the truth, believe me I do.

lib = liar /titan
aggiehawg
AG
garc said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

"I'm about fit," Patterson said. "And I tell coaches all the time you got to make sure you don't go for a title, you don't go for money, you go for fit. Is it better? Is it going to be a better experience for you? And I try to help them if that's what they want. I'm not one of those guys that gets yupset, throws things, all that kind of stuff. They helped me be where I'm at, so if it's right for them, then they should do it."

So Patterson is all about being paid without the stress of high expectations, if I understand your take. Ok. What other five locations would improve that?

I'm not going to draw any conclusions from his comments because I don't know "fit" means to him, other than not choosing a school based on the criteria he laid out.
IDK which programs or ADs he would feel comfortable with working for. Maybe Notre Dame? Stanford? USC?
Craigy
Patterson ain't leaving TCU. He controls TCU. He doesn't answer to anyone. He doesn't suck up to boosters. He develops teams.
Macarthur
garc said:

JaceAG12 said:

TheWoodsAg said:

He said "i would leave TCU", but he would stay if money whipped? He also says money would not be the reason he left. I know it's hard to accept the truth, believe me I do.

I think to say he said "I would leave TCU" is actually reading more into it. Gary handles the media very diff than most college coaches. I honestly think he was making a point about how he will never say never like some guys do.

I guess if you want to break it down into extreme absolutes, sure I guess he could leave. But in practical terms, he might be one of the most difficult coach in America to get away from his current school. Is it possible, I suppose.

Now, I do think one game changer could be if something happens to the big 12 soon and he could see TCU being left out. And being his age, I could possibly see him wanting a chance at a title

I still say the timing is such that A&M makes no sense.
fightinag
aggiehawg said:

He'll never leave TCU.
Why would he ?
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.