Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Gary Patterson

17,462 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ftworthag02
dtkprowler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

WTF95 said:

Tcu doesn't have the money we do for the coaching staff or the facilties. Their fan base is pitiful. Average attendance is pathetic. An annual also run in the worst conference in America. He could turn us around. Get paid $$$ and get out of cowtown. Morris is Dumlin Lite.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about. TCU's boosters are absolutely loaded and Patterson will never walk over money.
"Ability" and "willingness" to drop the cash are 2 different things.

Unless you are a TCU booster yourself or very good friends with a few of them, you have no idea what you are talking about. Sure, every school has rich alumni that could offer their coach $20million a year if they wanted to. But, do they actually want to?

Tired of this argument that he wouldn't walk over money, because YOU have no insight into if he actually would or wouldn't. Tired of this argument that boosters wouldn't let him walk over money, because YOU have no insight into if the boosters think he is worth $10million a year if that is what we offered. Just because they can match it, doesn't mean they would. Only way anyone would ever know this is if we offered that type of cash.

Please stop with the "I know it all" crap. Because you don't...
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
dtkprowler said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

WTF95 said:

Tcu doesn't have the money we do for the coaching staff or the facilties. Their fan base is pitiful. Average attendance is pathetic. An annual also run in the worst conference in America. He could turn us around. Get paid $$$ and get out of cowtown. Morris is Dumlin Lite.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about. TCU's boosters are absolutely loaded and Patterson will never walk over money.

Unless you are a TCU booster yourself or very good friends with a few of them, you have no idea what you are talking about. Sure, every school has rich alumni that could offer their coach $20million a year if they wanted to. But, do they actually want to?

Tired of this argument that he wouldn't walk over money, because YOU have no insight into if he actually would or wouldn't. Tired of this argument that boosters wouldn't let him walk over money, because YOU have no insight into if the boosters think he is worth $10million a year if that is what we offered. Just because they can match it, doesn't mean they would. Only way anyone would ever know this is if we offered that type of cash.

The point is that you want to drop $10 million on a coach that A. Probably won't walk, and B. Is comparable to Sumlin.

It's a bad get all around.
dtkprowler
AG
Let me clarify, I don't think either coach is worth 10M a year. I wouldn't pay that for Saban (he would suck here too /bas). I'm just tired of the arguments on this board about "Money won't make 'em walk". No one on here knows because it hasn't happened.
njohn87
AG
If Patterson had any intention of leaving TCU, he'd have done so a long time ago.
Joe Exotic
AG
dtkprowler said:

Let me clarify, I don't think either coach is worth 10M a year. I wouldn't pay that for Saban (he would suck here too /bas). I'm just tired of the arguments on this board about "Money won't make 'em walk". No one on here knows because it hasn't happened.

The sips learned that lesson the hard way. We won't. We will get who is attainable. The days of money whipping coaches are over.
mhayden
dtkprowler said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

WTF95 said:

Then wouldn't that same tired argument apply to A&M as well? You don't know what the boosters are and aren't willing to pay.

TCU pays their basketball coach significantly more than ours.

This idea that they couldn't scrounge up $7m/year to keep the greatest coach in their history and arguably one of the major factors in the complete overhaul of their school's image is just foolish.

Do we have more money than TCU? Yeah.

Would that come into play when we're talking coaching salaries that will be under the $10m mark? No.

Bill Gates has more money than I do -- that doesn't mean I couldn't offer as much as he would for a cheeseburger.
Btron
AG
Does TCU have a barbershop in their locker room? No? Then he needs to get here fast!
froghair
In reading your discussion, there is one thing that hasn't been mentioned which I think is huge reason why Patterson stays at TCU. Patterson loves to actually coach football and at TCU, he can do it. Big schools require a lot more of a coach's time addressing different organizations, massaging influential Alumni etc. Patterson does it at TCU but the politics at a smaller school are not nearly as complicated and as I said early, he wants to coach.

Just something to consider
My Dad Earl
AG
Quote:

The point is that you want to drop $10 million on a coach that A. Probably won't walk, and B. Is comparable to Sumlin.

Even though I don't think that we have a snowballs chance to pull Paterson away, I disagree in that he's comparable to Sumlin. Patterson does more with lesser players and Sumlin does less with better players. Patterson has a track record and has clearly proven that he is a solid head coach.
Joe Exotic
AG
An coach with an established program shouldn't have two losing seasons in the big 12
fwheightsboy
AG
I live in Fort Worth. Know a lot of TCU people. Patterson is going nowhere. First of all, they do have the money. There is a lot of oil and gas money here. His income is not just his salary. He lives in a fairly new, large house in a very,very nice neighborhood. Nice, and I don't mean Pebble Creek, country clubs. He is 5 minutes from his work. His wife is from Fort Worth and she can go out and be with friends and no one bothers her. I have seen them both out to eat where people left them alone. A great quality of life. Fort Worth is a great place to live.
grl38
AG
Patterson loves FW and loves his job at TCU. Cannot see him leaving his current job for college station!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
ol_army12 said:

Quote:

Even though I don't think that we have a snowballs chance to pull Paterson away, I disagree in that he's comparable to Sumlin. Patterson does more with lesser players and Sumlin does less with better players. Patterson has a track record and has clearly proven that he is a solid head coach.

Like when he went 4-8?
HToady
TCSD84 said:

There are high school stadiums bigger than The froggy's.
Patterson coached in a big monolith stadium with 100,000 people in it last weekend.
He wasn't impressed.
ftworthag02
AG
Donald Reynolds razorback stadium holds around 76000

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.