Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Write Sumlin Letters of Support

10,490 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by fightinag
Moses25
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whether you want him here next year or not, it would be a good way to show support for the team and head coach, while quieting the narrative that we agree with the jack ass that wrote the letter.
Uncle
No
OilFieldIRI
S
Uncle said:

No

Great 9th post!
ashleyschaeffer
Uncle said:

No
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Not a bad idea. I would love for Sumlin to get 9 wins this season and save his job, mostly because I don't want to go through the pain and probably disappointment of hiring yet another new coach.

But if that doesn't happen, he should know it's business not personal.
jja79
AG
Go to the game. That's how you support a team and coach.
oneeyedag
Here's a nice note, with a few letters:

Kevin,

Its all about winning. The only letters that matter is what's in the win column.

Sincerely,

Uno oho
padreislandagfan
He's been getting plenty of unearned support up to this point.
You people act like he was a victim of a physical attack or something. He had a nasty letter from a singular nutjob sent to his home.
Throw it away and get over it. Sac up.
Snowflake
Sleepnumber
AG
Why? I want him out.
padreislandagfan
You can't want him out anymore. His crappy coaching skills are no longer an issue. You have to rally around the coach who chose to publicize this mess.
TexasAggie_97
AG
Gonna pass. The letter sent was wrong. How his wife handled it was also wrong. I no longer support him and I am already looking forward to whoever our next coach is.
Puryear Playboy
AG
He gets five million notes a year of support.

One from me isn't what he needs.
Cy_Tolliver
Pay me 5 million and you can send me all the insulting letters you want. I'll laugh all the way to my vacation home in Bermuda.
agsquirrel97
AG
Kevin,

You can do infinitly better than this, you have spent your entire life watching, playing and coaching this game and surely some wisdom has rubbed off on you.

When the going gets tough, the weak chew gum and make excuses. Have some self respect and inner fortitude and coach at a level commensurate with your compensation.

AgSquirrel

OP, feel free to mail my letter for me
ABATTBQ11
AG
Uncle said:

No
libertyag
AG
No, my letter would eventually get into his inability to handle clock management. Then I would have to do another letter explaining how even a youth football coach could have won the game with proper clock management. Then yet another letter discussing why you should never promise a 17 or 18 year old playing time. And yet another letter explaining how not to waste time keeping poorly performing coordinators too long. He doesn't really want all that from me.
cheeky
AG
Hey Sumlin: get a dog!!
zephyr88
AG
I'd prefer to write him a letter of recommendation.

But I'm at a loss for words...
oneeyedag
Cy_Tolliver said:

Pay me 5 million and you can send me all the insulting letters you want. I'll laugh all the way to my vacation home in Bermuda.

You sure about Bermuda Clark
Al Bula
AG
Virtue signaling
Strategy
AG
#thefeels
wyoag93
AG
Dear Coach,

The NFL needs a guy like you.
FishingAggie
Kevin knows we are not raccist. His family knows that as well. He would have left long ago if we were that kind of place ( on his own).

He knows what Aggies are and stand for. The people around us know that too. Most people aren't following this and just don't care.

That letter is NOT indicative of TAMU and most of the world who know Aggies know that as well.

Let it go. It'll pass
Gladiator-91
AG
My letter was sent 3 years ago. I regret that now.
MallalieuAg
AG
I'll never understand what the Sumlins expected to get out of publicizing the letter. All they did was hurt the people that pay them. For all they know the letter could have been written by a whorn or bear or tcehtard, etc.
PrincessButtercup
AG
lol no
cr
FishingAggie said:

Kevin knows we are not raccist. His family knows that as well. He would have left long ago if we were that kind of place ( on his own).

He knows what Aggies are and stand for. The people around us know that too. Most people aren't following this and just don't care.

That letter is NOT indicative of TAMU and most of the world who know Aggies know that as well.

Let it go. It'll pass

If they believed that, the letter would be in the landfill.
Bone6
I think whoever wrote that letter was a jackass who should face criminal penalties and I think what Buzbee did was unprofessional, but I also think we need a new coach for next season.
Rock1982
AG
MallalieuAg said:

I'll never understand what the Sumlins expected to get out of publicizing the letter. All they did was hurt the people that pay them. For all they know the letter could have been written by a whorn or bear or tcehtard, etc.

Put yourself In her shoes. Not your own logic and your emotional response to the loss.

You've probably never been the spouse of someone in leadership will under fire. It was an emotional response. She loves him. I would have preferred that she handled it differently, but I absolutely understand her reaction.
CrazyDayDuck
padreislandagfan said:

You can't want him out anymore. His crappy coaching skills are no longer an issue. You have to rally around the coach who chose to publicize this mess.
TexasAggie_97
AG
Rock1982 said:

MallalieuAg said:

Put yourself In her shoes. Not your own logic and your emotional response to the loss.

You've probably never been the spouse of someone in leadership will under fire. It was an emotional response. She loves him. I would have preferred that she handled it differently, but I absolutely understand her reaction.
Ya well she needs to learn that having a husband that makes 5 million per year comes with certain obligations one of which is not to make his employer look bad.
CrazyDayDuck
TexasAggie_97 said:

Rock1982 said:

MallalieuAg said:

Ya well she needs to learn that having a husband that makes 5 million per year comes with certain obligations one of which is not to make his employer look bad.

At least she did not want her kids to see the letter ... which is why she posted it on social media.
pinche gringo
AG
Negative
fightinag
Dear Coach Sumlin....
GTFO Aggieland.........and don't let the doors hit ya where the good Lord split ya !
Sincerely,
EVERY Texas A&M football fan
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
MonkeyKnifeFighter
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.