Story Poster
Photo by Andrew Kilzer, TexAgs
Texas A&M Football

Texas A&M to 'Relief Out' Kyle Field with #BTHOHarvey shirts

September 6, 2017

Texas A&M has announced that they will 'Relief Out' Kyle Field on Saturday for the Nicholls State game in an effort to raise money for Hurricane Harvey relief.

As you're well aware, the 12th Man has a history of making powerful statements at Kyle, and this should be no different.

There are several ways you can buy a #BTHOHarvey t-shirt, all of which are listed below in the official release from A&M...

COLLEGE STATION – Texas A&M Athletics, in partnership with Maroon Out and C.C. Creations, are encouraging fans to purchase and wear #BTHOharvey shirts to Saturday’s game against Nicholls State at 6 p.m. in an effort to ‘Relief Out’ Kyle Field as Aggies stand to BTHO Harvey.

"We are encouraging all current students, former students, and fans of Aggie football to wear their #BTHOharvey shirt to the Nicholls State game this Saturday,” said Head Maroon Out Director Hannah Gallagher ’18. “This ‘Relief Out’ is a powerful symbol of unity and a visible statement that will show the world that Texas A&M is standing with those who have been affected by Hurricane Harvey and pledging our support. With your help, we can BTHOharvey and ‘Relief Out’ Kyle Field! "

The #BTHOharvey t-shirt sale is part of an initiative originally developed from an idea by Texas A&M head football coach Kevin Sumlin, who sought to show support and solidarity with the people of the Gulf Coast.

The shirts, which are sold for $10, feature the outline of the state of Texas over the universal symbol for a hurricane. A red heart is over the Gulf Coast region.

On-campus purchases can be made at the Coach Jackie Sherrill Lettermen’s Club in Kyle Field from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Wednesday and Friday, at the Maroon Out On-Campus Kickoff Thursday from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. and at Koldus 110-111 four hours prior to kickoff against Nicholls State on Sept. 9.

The t-shirts are also available in-store at The Warehouse at C.C. Creations in College Station and online at http://www.thewarehouseatcc.com/btho-harvey.html. Fans that plan to purchase shirts prior to the game are encouraged to purchase in-store or on campus.

The sale supports BTHOharvey, a student-led relief initiative at Texas A&M University sponsored by Maroon Out and Class Councils that is supported by more than 150 student organizations on the A&M campus.

Texas A&M Athletics encourages people interested in assisting with the relief effort to support BTHO Harvey, www.BTHOHarvey.org.

RELATED: The Association of Former Students and Texas A&M Foundation have partnered with TexAgs to launch a Hurricane Harvey relief forum 

Discussion from...

Texas A&M to 'Relief Out' Kyle Field with #BTHOHarvey shirts

34,290 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TJAGGIEMOM
aggieland09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Done this too many times. Not original. This is too "Look at me."
AGGies0311
What about a relief of Sumlin shirt?

Presley OBannons Sword
ugh
Presley OBannons Sword
AGGies0311 said:

now this is a grassroots effort I could get behind.
94DallasAG
AG
I love how they give credit to Sumlin when, in fact, the idea was posted here last week before the coaching debacle we witnessed Sunday
ham98
Presley OBannons Sword said:

AGGies0311 said:

now this is a grassroots effort I could get behind.
They could do this while still donating sales to Harvey victims. It's a way to leverage the massive discontent towards Sumlin towards a good cause.
AGGies0311
If we sell a million of them then when can buy out Sumlin's contract!!!!
Meximan
Let me be the voice of reason and thumb up this idea. The loss sucked, but that's no reason to be classless, Ags. Do some good.
mmmag
AG
This.

Yes, the loss SUCKED. Still does. But I am all for supporting a good cause and could not care less about how it "looks".
RG20
You can buy a t shirt without buying tickets...
Presley OBannons Sword
Meximan said:

Let me be the voice of reason and thumb up this idea. The loss sucked, but that's no reason to be classless, Ags. Do some good.

What does being classless have to do with not jumping on the bandwagon of every "[something] out" that gets recommended here once or twice a season? Raise money for relief efforts if you want, but stop trying to re-live the magic of RWB out.
Cuterebra
AG
Just give directly to the relief organization of your choice. That is the most efficient way to do the most good.

If you are concerned about administrative costs, www.charitynavigator.org is a good place to start.

By paying for a shirt instead of donating directly you get a souvenir and promote our football program to a small degree. That is great if it is what you want to do.

Just because you do not donate in this specific way does not mean you are a bad Ag or 2-percenter.
Billy Baroo
AG
Nothing makes me want to relieve myself like watching A&M football.
spherical
AG
94DallasAG said:

I love how they give credit to Sumlin when, in fact, the idea was posted here last week before the coaching debacle we witnessed Sunday

The plan (and it being Sumlins idea) was put out there days before the game...

But I agree the TexAgs post came first... not to say two people can't have the same idea
AnalogyAg
Maybe I missed it, but how much of each $10 goes to relief?

seems like a "look at me" thing unless Sumlin or someone is underwriting all costs. i dont need to receive something of value fir my contribution.

if goal is to truly help, why not donate 100% of $10 to Walmart relief where they are double matching all donations?

hmmm, i can give $10 here to get maybe $7 to victims, or donate thru Walmart and get $20
AnalogyAg
re ^, Here's a cool,quick easy idea. ask all to donate $10 and at halftime all Kyle lights will be shut off for a 30 seconds and thise that donated askedto turn on cell phone light or personal flashlight fir a picture.

prob some safety red tape or cost of light reboot scuttles that, but you get the idea.

Gil
AG
Meximan said:

Nothing wrong with pointing out stupidity. You can still do good on one's own terms, decry the coaching challenges we have, and point out the silliness of trying to relive some old RWB magic.

Looking back at history, it is a pity we didn't demand to have the head of the over-hyped Slocum in his over-expired era in much the same way the masses are calling for Sumlin's head now.
EliteZags
AG
AnalogyAg said:

re ^, Here's a cool,quick easy idea. ask all to donate $10 and at halftime all Kyle lights will be shut off for a 30 seconds and thise that donated askedto turn on cell phone light or personal flashlight fir a picture.

prob some safety red tape or cost of light reboot scuttles that, but you get the idea.

Yep and the money donated will be almost enough to cover 10% of the cost of turning the lights on/off
EliteZags
AG
AnalogyAg said:

Maybe I missed it, but how much of each $10 goes to relief?

seems like a "look at me" thing unless Sumlin or someone is underwriting all costs. i dont need to receive something of value fir my contribution.

if goal is to truly help, why not donate 100% of $10 to Walmart relief where they are double matching all donations?

hmmm, i can give $10 here to get maybe $7 to victims, or donate thru Walmart and get $20

Pretty simple cause most re people are willing to buy a shirt than donate $10 randomly at a football game
AGGies0311
This whole movement screams, "We can't win at football, but we can try and raise some money."
duffelpud
AG
I'm already sick of social justice warriors attaching their cause of the month to every sporting contest on tv. I just want to watch the damn game without having someone's agenda jammed down my throat. I'll go to church if I want a sermon or have the plate passed.

/get off my lawn
"What's this button do?"
spherical
AG
Social justice?
TJAGGIEMOM
100% CC Creations donating all sales to BTHOHarvey!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.