Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Prime west bench seats

2,217 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wsjag
wsjag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is your opinion of the seats? TMF was selling seats here, some in the top rows of the sections starting last night which in my opinion may not be so bad because you get a nice breeze from behind you if you were the top one or two rows. What are the sight lines like?

For an 11am game this looks like one of the few sections That gets shade throughout the game.

TIA
agz win
AG
The breeze is there even in lower rows. You get the shade for an 11 kick off. For view, the lower the rows, the better. Rent some seat backs.
Kozmozag
For comfort on benches not bad, but bring binoculars or be ready to watch on big screen.
agnerd
AG
That's hilarious! I wanted to move from the north zone over there, but TMF charges you a non-refundable deposit just to see what's available. So I opted out. Now that $100 fee has cost them somewhere between $400 and $1000 dollars annually in added revenue. Hope they make up the difference on other fans like wsjag or can con at least 4 people into falling for their non-refundable deposit trick.
wsjag
AG
Ag nerd

For reference I was implying TMF was selling single game tickets in these sections and others as the public sale opened last night. I wasn't talking about season tickets
Hehateme1
I purchased season tickets in section 402 about a month ago. Chose top row hopeful for the shade/breeze thing op mentioned. Also wanted to be able to stand up without worrying about obstructing views of those behind me.

Haven't had season tickets since the '94 season. Pretty stoked about it !!
WES2006AG
AG
FNMikey said:

I purchased season tickets in section 402 about a month ago. Chose top row hopeful for the shade/breeze thing op mentioned. Also wanted to be able to stand up without worrying about obstructing views of those behind me.

Haven't had season tickets since the '94 season. Pretty stoked about it !!

We were in the top row of 402 last year
Pros: shade at all times, rain protection, nice breeze, can stand with nobody behind you.

Cons: the walk up is brutal, can't see the south end zone screen, can't see flyovers, it is way back from the field

Moved to 401 row 8 this year to hopefully alleviate some of these cons
Hehateme1
Thanks, Wes. I figured that walk up would suck. Guess I better go run some bleachers to get in shape. :-) Have sat in end zone a few times and hated not having a sideline view.
agz win
AG
Yes, stairs are steep. Take your drinks and plan to stay up there the whole game. You can just pee over the side.

Seriously, have a friend who has bad knees and had a really rough time with the stairs. He relocated to a lower row with the TMF's help using his ADA information and is excited for the first home game.
wsjag
AG
403 top row has a view of the south scoreboard I would think?
twk
AG
I'm in 403 row 20. Can't say on the scoreboard for sure, but I would think that you would be able to see it, or most of it when sitting down. The last four or five rows are where I start to notice the climb. I've never been one to get up from my seat much during games, but I can see where if you had to climb another six rows, it might inhibit you leaving a bit. Of course, you don't have to do any climbing until you get ready to go to your seats from the concourse since you can take the escalators up to the concourse.
wsjag
AG
For an 11am game I would trade a lower row for shade and rain protection and a breeze. Anything lower than 15 doesn't get shade until almost halftime

This is why I looked at the top rows
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.