Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

New uniforms

14,173 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Eagle78
Al Bula
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe it is because I have been able to disconnect my self worth from Aggie football but these unis don't look bad. If you're butthurt about what a bunch of college kids trot onto the field in, you probably have bigger issues in life.
The Dog Lord
AG
ClassOf17 said:

Wait so it's an alternate? Or primary unis?

Alternate for Miss St game.

These really aren't bad at all (agree with some others that the pants are the worst part). Not perfect, but the only one that has been so far was Miss St in 2012. The 39 throwbacks were decent too.

I've really liked the stripes on our normal unis. Made them interesting without being weird. Pretty incredible to see how bent out of shape people continuously get. We all would rather see them just win, but this isn't a distraction or the reason why we aren't winning.
sail33or
AG
Some may boast of prowess bold others of a school so grand but there's a uniform oh a special uniform of Aggieland....................We've got to fight for, we've got fight for the Maroon and uhh, uhhh, uhhh..............
JJxvi
AG
Is A&M adidas's number 1 college football affiliation left? I guess they have Louisville as well? Giving our gear to snoop, makes me think we are.
ordRV80
AG
Clown suits.
Soldier, Statesman, Knightly Gentleman
ABATTBQ11
AG
These suck
ILuvAgLand
Are we sure the players like them? They probably think they are horrible as well.
ILuvAgLand
Probably Nebraska.
vander54
S
A saw a few recruits tweeting that they liked them.
BenFiasco14
AG
Gonna reserve judgment till I see what they look like on the field but leaning towards a thumbs down right now
sharpdressedman
Does Adidas decide what our unis look like?
mpaggie06
AG
If that is the alternate, but we get non-beveled "normal" uniforms for the rest of the season/here on out, then sign me up. And for the record, those are hideous as ****, and even if all the coaches, players, recruits, and Snoop Dogg are pumping them, I still think that. But the bevel is so much worse- just get it out of everything at all costs.
aeon-ag
85AustinAg said:

If coaches, and players like them, I like them.
Coaches and players need to quit thinking about this damned uniform fashion show and think about winning football games.
Eagle78
aeon-ag said:

85AustinAg said:

If coaches, and players like them, I like them.
Coaches and players need to quit thinking about this damned uniform fashion show and think about winning football games.
What we need is a simple classic set of uniforms. One classic helmet. One home jersey and one away jersey. Consistency implies confidence which inspires strength. Now, if it were me I'd just go with the solid color look, no large logo on the helmet. The helmet would be silver and there would be a maroon facemark and maroon stripe down the center outlined in white. Then I would put tiny maroon decals starting at the back of the helmet recognizing accomplishments similar to what Michigan, Ohio St , FSU and Georgia do (closer to the way Ohio St does it with their tiny buckeye stickers though).. Ours would be a tiny gig'em fist and thumb outlined in a star (see below).

No beveled numbers or shoulder stripes either. No huge Texas A&M across the state. Instead, either in smaller type "Texas Aggies" or simply a small patch with the aTm logo in the state of Texas outline.

Nothing fancy here. Just simple and classic. But with the silver helmet because as was said elsewhere no color goes better together with maroon than silver. Plus silver and A&M just go together. They don't call it maroon taps or white taps after all. And as another poster said, the chemical symbol for silver is "Ag."

Eagle78
From GBH -- hilarious:

Are we roasting these new uniforms?
Because these uniforms put bean sprouts on their hamburgers.
These uniforms can't wait for the pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks.
These uniforms grew a mustache for their Tinder profile.
These uniforms think Drake is too ghetto.
These uniforms are rejected barbed wire tattoo designs
These uniforms are the result of Bear Bryant's hat having relations with Ned Flanders's Christmas sweater.
Magic Eye pattern on the shoulder-ass jerseys
These uniforms look like a white walker threw up on the Gap clearance section.
Steve Erkel on angel dust-ass patterns.
These were designed by a disgruntled GeoCities programmer on 22 Red Bulls after 60 hours without sleep.
Uniforms came here straight from the Napa Valley wine train.
These uniforms watch Home Improvement reruns.
These uniforms are a splayed houndstooth.
These uniforms should have been knitted for your Aunt Margie's pug.
We call this the "Geraldo Rivera Sweater Collection"
Folks, they say these uniforms are for the Bright Lights but they look like a Black Light DNA scavenger hunt.
The paper doll chain pattern was meant to intimidate.
The last time these uniforms saw the Bright Lights was on a rack at JC Penney in 1992.
These uniforms should have been sent to the West-Nosterfield Buckminster Quidditch Club.
Premier League scarf wearing-ass uniforms.
These uniforms scoff while drinking wine and say things like "oh, but you haven't LIVED until you've been to Napa."
Tied sweatshirt around the waist-ass uniforms
Connect Four ass uniforms
This jersey has the same print as a purse carrying Marlboro Menthols, checks that will bounce, and a spoiled lap dog.
John Sharp talking about the Longhorn rivalry game-ass uniform.
These uniforms come with an Alice in Wonderland LSD flashback
These jerseys are pre-run-over to save LSU running backs the effort

strbrst777
Re uniforms, one word says it all: ALABAMA
Sex Panther
AG
My favorite was, "These uniforms look like the floor of a Mr. Gatti's"
Nino Brown
Most of the posters on here are always talking about, "we need to focus on the next game vs team X." If you guys are damn important to the team shouldn't you just focus on the games vs the uniforms?
cheeky
AG
Adidas sucks. Period.
Eagle78
Nino Brown said:

Most of the posters on here are always talking about, "we need to focus on the next game vs team X." If you guys are damn important to the team shouldn't you just focus on the games vs the uniforms?
Give it a rest, will ya. It's still the off-season. It's a time honored tradition to talk about uniforms during the offseason.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.