Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Hubenak

13,968 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by cmarkmat
ghollow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jwal said:

Hubenak might be the best choice to open the season.

I'm not against the younger QB's, but there is likely to be growing pains. It wouldn't surprise to see more than one QB against UCLA to see what it all looks like.
I agree to a point. I am ready to get the growing pains out of the way. I think you start the season out with the QB of the future of the team and continue to let Hubes play the backup/mentor role. Redshirt the other one.
technoviking
AG
I'll take growing pains over arthritis. We know what we have with Jake. His best role is to mentor/backup the starter, like the poster above said.
Seanzy2012
AG
ghollow said:

jwal said:

Hubenak might be the best choice to open the season.

I'm not against the younger QB's, but there is likely to be growing pains. It wouldn't surprise to see more than one QB against UCLA to see what it all looks like.
I agree to a point. I am ready to get the growing pains out of the way. I think you start the season out with the QB of the future of the team and continue to let Hubes play the backup/mentor role. Redshirt the other one.

LOL you might be on to something. Start the guy we like the most after Bama.
InternetFan02
AG
Whoa...he's up there with the Arkansas and Kentucky QBs!
_mpaul
AG
Ian Neff said:

I'm freaking out over here. Serious. The most discouraging game in 2016 was a WIN. If we can't get that "HOLY CRAP WE'RE ABOUT TO WIN I CAN'T BELIEVE IT - I HOPE I DONT SCREW UP" mentality out of the souls of EVERY PERSON ON THE SIDELINE then we're not going to make 8-5.
Whoops!
C4D
AG
Its hard to believe that people think Hubenak shouldn't start.

FN crazy town around here.
Class of 65
AG
Mond needs to become a slot receiver.
_mpaul
AG
EAD 65 said:

Mond needs to become a slot receiver.

Mind needs to not have to play as a true freshman. After 2 games, It's just as unreasonable to say he can't be a good QB as it is to have expected him to be better than he is.
cmarkmat
AG
We rely too much on our qb. There are other talented guys on the field. We need a qb who can get the ball to our receivers. Jake is great at the quick 5-7 yard passes. Confident, quick release, accurate. Start him. Use him. Get the game into the hands of the receivers. And for heaven's sake, PLEASE get more creative. We are not Alabama. We can't line up and just run over people. Mis-direction, play action, screens- its not rocket science. Lose the sideways pass that is always good for a 1 yard loss.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.