Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

UCLA tickets thru TMF

9,900 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ag8086
Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not a football season ticket holder anymore but am still a donor.
Looking at TMF for ucla tickets.. Once you choose quality it says " this is a general admission section" .

I saw the Rose Bowl does have a GA section.. Anyone know if these are the seats the TMF is selling or is it just listed GA because they don't have exact seat assignments at this time.
TIA
Matsui
AG
Don't buy those crappy corner seats. No reason to. Buy from ucla holders. And the Aggie side will be the press box side. The visitors allotments are in the north end zone next to the student.
ucbfb
Don't sit too high, either. Those seats are way up there and binos are mandatory.
“I have 2 weapons; my arms, my legs and my brain.” – Michael Vick
GoodOldAgs
Ah, the good old 12th Man Foundation
kevmiller
I think the overall feeling is that ticket prices will drop on secondary markets. Game wont be anywhere near a sellout so don't have worry about getting into the stadium

I wont buy from TMF
Matsui
AG
That stadium holds over 100k. It won't even be close to a sellout
McInnis80
McInnis80
Don't blame the TMF for the bad tickets we get for road games. They can only sell what they are allotted by the host school. I don't remember seeing many prime seats last year for the UCLA fans. There were complaints from UCLA fans last year than when Stanford scored the Cardinal player was able celebrate with the Stanford fans. Look for us to be almost in San Gabriel Mountains. .

Don't forget than the seats the sips will be getting for the USC game will be in East LA and El Segundo.
Dr. Horrible
I'd rather sit in crappy seats surrounded by other Ags than in prime seats surrounded by the unwashed masses of our opponent.
Aggie
AG
Does anyone know what sections the TMF allotment is?i don't mind not sitting in prime seats.. Just really don't want general admission.
Quito
AG
I'm sitting in section 3 row 45. It's on the Aggies sideline and the 20-30 yard line. I figure several Aggies will find seats in sections 3 and 4
Picadillo
Dr. Horrible said:

I'd rather sit in crappy seats surrounded by other Ags than in prime seats surrounded by the unwashed masses of our opponent.

100% agree. It's a historic, iconic stadium and I want to share the experience with fellow Ags.
Matsui
AG
Sections 12-14 is visitor seating

The press box sideline will be the Aggie sideline and sideline for shade. Ucla does it backward (well as of last many years)

General admission starts to the section near the students.
Matsui
AG
Section 3 is not Aggie sideline. And it will be in blazing sun for at least 1/2 the game.
Quito
AG
Matsui said:

Section 3 is not Aggie sideline. And it will be in blazing sun for at least 1/2 the game.

Darn

I assumed it would be due to the press box. That's odd
amercer
AG
Matsui said:

Roasting at 75 degrees...
Matsui
AG
Check again. It's hot in Pasadena.
Lateralus Ag
AG
amercer said:

Matsui said:

Roasting at 75 degrees...

It will hit 90+ if skies are clear.
Ags06Win
AG
Don't buy from TMF...

There are over 102,000 seats at Rose Bowl.

UCLA averages 66,000 per game!

Walking up and finding a ticket won't be a problem...
Bassmaster
AG
Matsui said:

Sections 12-14 is visitor seating

The press box sideline will be the Aggie sideline and sideline for shade. Ucla does it backward (well as of last many years)

General admission starts to the section near the students.
For the sections that say "seats w/ backs" do the entire sections have them or just toward the top?
Matsui
AG
The entire sections.
Basketball and Chain
AG
$102 for **** seats is hilarious
Aggie
AG
Have no idea what tickets on secondary market will look like but id imagine they will be cheap.

As mentioned above ucla only averages about 67k a game.
But going back last 4-5 years even for big in state rival games the biggest crowds are 80-83k.
So with a 100k seat stadium.. I'm thinking will for sure be an easy ticket.
If I had guess I'd say the A&M game attendance will be around 70k with a lot of Ags in attendance.
Matsui
AG
It will be an easy ticket but you probably will pay over face value for seats inside the 20s.
jmfshr
AG
I checked the Rose Bowl website, and individual tickets go on sale Tuesday, July 18th.
Bassmaster
AG
Thanks!
Ags06Win
AG
I'm expecting anywhere from 15,000-25,000 for A&M.

If that is the case, and UCLA brings their typical 55-60,000 home fans.

Looking at 70,000-85,000 in a stadium that seats 102,000.

Would agree with above... tickets will be found below face easily, but if you want a yard line seat, expect to pay up!
mhayden
There will be seats in between the 20's from UCLA for face value, but they dynamically price so "face" for 40 yard line seats is going to be $250+ after fees.

Your best bet is going to be ignoring the public sale and just buying from the secondary market as the game approaches -- it'll be cheaper than face.
AnalogyAg
Quote:

I'm expecting anywhere from 15,000-25,000 for A&M

whoa!! 10,000 MAYBE
kevmiller
Yeah there won't be anywhere close to 15-25,000 Aggies at the game.
I'd agree with around 10,000 on the high end.
bankshot11
AG
A UCLA alum I know in Houston says tickets should be plentiful since they went 4-8 last year, so fairweather fans will be out. Also, UCLA fall classes don't start til the end of September, so there won't be a lot of students there.
Kdenhead
AG
I'm a band parent and plan to attend the game. Received notice from 12th Man Foundation about tickets available for band parents behind the band.

Will the FTAB be in sections 7&8? Based on what I've read above, seems like they would be placed elsewhere. I'd like to sit near the band, but not sure these are great seats.

Aggie Band Parents

UCLA will host Texas A&M, Sunday, Sept. 3rd in Pasadena, CA.

Tickets for Aggie band parents will be filled just above the band seating block in sections 7 and 8. The deadline to request tickets in this area is July 31st.
The Original AG 76
AG
Its all about what type of away game experience you want to have. Seats thru the TMF to away games are usually pretty crappy , just like the seats we give our opponents in Kyle. BUT you will be sitting with your fellow Ags, you will enjoy the conversations and the camaraderie , its always fun , after we win ( which is a MUCH better shot on the road than at home ), to sing the War Hymn with the team and the Ags while the stadium empties....
Or you can get much better seats from the open market and sit with a bunch of apathetic UCLA fans who probably would rather be at the beach sipping wine and eating cheese....
McInnis80
As an FYI, the capacity of the Rose Bowl is now 92,500. The renovations and tarping of the low level obstructed view seats has shaved the capacity. The Rose Bowl has a ton of end zone seats, which means any yard line seat is a premium, especially those with seat backs. The band seats actually don't seem that bad. I was afraid they would be in the middle of the end zone.

A&M brought 20,000 to Vandy a couple of years ago, so with a holiday weekend, we could easily match that at UCLA. That kind of following would make the Aggies that will draw a lot of interest from Non Conference opponents and high profile neutral site games. I would love a game at Northwestern in September or against a high profile B1G team at Soldier Field. Also i would be cool to play a Pac 12 (Conference of Champions) team at the new LA stadium, or an ACC team at FedEx Field. .I would also be up for a trip to Seattle anytime.
The Original AG 76
AG
McInnis80 said:

As an FYI, the capacity of the Rose Bowl is now 92,500. The renovations and tarping of the low level obstructed view seats has shaved the capacity. The Rose Bowl has a ton of end zone seats, which means any yard line seat is a premium, especially those with seat backs. The band seats actually don't seem that bad. I was afraid they would be in the middle of the end zone.

A&M brought 20,000 to Vandy a couple of years ago, so with a holiday weekend, we could easily match that at UCLA. That kind of following would make the Aggies that will draw a lot of interest from Non Conference opponents and high profile neutral site games. I would love a game at Northwestern in September or against a high profile B1G team at Soldier Field. Also i would be cool to play a Pac 12 (Conference of Champions) team at the new LA stadium, or an ACC team at FedEx Field. .I would also be up for a trip to Seattle anytime.
As much as we would ALL like to play 12 meaningful games against real teams I , in NO way, want A&M to unilaterally disarm whilst our opponents play Upper Mongololian State Tech and co. Until the NCAA is destroyed and we can get a REAL 50 team league composed of ONLY quality teams we are stuck with 3 or 4 pure crap games at stratospheric prices.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.