Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Last Chance U Season 2

6,687 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by fistofsouth
TheDraw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Season 1 is on Netflix and is pretty solid new season drops July 21. Anyone else excited?
12mn95
AG
Yeah it was good. Plus we got to the see QB from Auburn while he was there, so it did relate to us in that regard.
Fightin Ag491
Watched it over this past winter break thinking it was going to be over-hyped. Boy was I wrong

Gives a great perspective at what life is like in such a small place like that town in Mississippi

QB that went to Auburn turned out to be trash at the D-1 level, imo though
12mn95
AG
He wasn't all that but it was his first year so maybe he'll get better.
drivinwest
AG
Can't wait! Buddy is one miserable SOB.
Pylon Cam
AG
I'm pumped. Last chance U and Friday Night Lights (tv show) are my two favorite things on Netflix!
Bunk Moreland
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/06/last_chance_us_brittany_wagner.html

Ms. Wagner not only taking personal advantage of her overnight celebrity, but also putting it to good use. Best of luck to her.

Maybe we should invite her to Kyle this year so she can watch Ollie when he no doubt gets a sack up the middle on Hubes.
HustlerAggie
I am hoping the QB who went to Miss St. as a walk-on gets some playing time. He redshirted last year, so he has 2 years of eligibility left, I presume.
12mn95
AG
HustlerAggie said:

I am hoping the QB who went to Miss St. as a walk-on gets some playing time. He redshirted last year, so he has 2 years of eligibility left, I presume.
Yeah, he was better than Franklin on that team but Franklin seemed to have more "potential" for Auburn.
Unemployed
AG
12mn95 said:

Yeah it was good. Plus we got to the see QB from Auburn while he was there, so it did relate to us in that regard.
Avery Gennessy went to EMCC, too.
12mn95
AG
RealTalk said:

12mn95 said:

Avery Gennessy went to EMCC, too.
Yes but he wasn't on that Netflix series. IIRC.
Unemployed
AG
Correct. I think he was there the year prior to the filming of the series.
AgFB
AG
Finished the series last night. I don't know if it was staged, but I know I would never work for an a-hole like Buddy Stephens. Wow.

I definitely had a little crush on Ms. Wagner.

It's amazing how these kids never realize that there mouths cost them chances at bigger and better things.
Leander - Ag
AG
Is friday night lights really that good?
The_Accountant15
Haven't watched Last Chance U but heard was it good, guess it's time for me to sit down and watch it
Sex Panther
AG
It's fantastic
hbcu
It's sad and shows you at times how in the hell some of these guys gain admittance to Power5 schools?
TXM Pride
With all the high profile transfers they get it got me curious about someone like Kirk Merritt, and after a quick google search.. sure enough, he'll be playing at EMCC this fall.
Drake aTm
AG
just finished the new season.

Cam and Isaiah Wright are real P.O.S.

Can't wait to watch us play against Chauncey and the kids that went to Nichols state from last season.
TXM Pride
You ain't lying about those 2 attitude problem guys. So much whining going on. Can't say I always agree with Buddy's attitude or method in which he deals with some of his guys...

Ollie isn't at Nichols St anymore.

Also, even tho Deandre Johnson and Joe Mixon committed the same crime I actually think DJ is a decent guy who just made a HUGE mistake while Mixon acts like a punk, and isn't truly sorry.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
I think Wright could do well under another coach. I could never figure out why Buddy would baby a guy like Cam who is a much bigger POS even after shoving his position coach but then loses it on a guy like Isaiah Wright for wanting / not wanting to play while injured. Buddy is such a hypocritical toolbag.
TXM Pride
I certainly agree. Soooo many piss poor attitudes on that team. I honesty feel like some of it is his players not respecting him as an authority figure because he's white. That can't relate to him and he can't relate to them kind of thing. Can't remember if it was Wright or DJ Law in season 1 (or maybe both) that threatened to quit if they were held out due to injury. It benefits neither party if they're out there playing at much less than 100%.
CrottyKid
AG
^ I wouldn't say they don't respect him because he's white. I would say they don't respect him because he is an unpredictable egotistical rage monster who gets off on taking advantage of everyone around him that he holds authority over. If I was that offensive coordinator, I would have shoved a headset down Buddy's fatass throat and then took the team over in a freaking coup. The players respected the OC, because he was real with them and obviously cared about them as human beings. Buddy couldn't care less.
TXM Pride
Certainly think Buddys attitude needs to be put in check sometimes. The way he speaks to his assistants is ridiculous and the way he deals with players sometimes isn't right. However, too many of those guys with the "he needs to respect me Bc I'm a grown ass man" need to realize they aren't grown ass men. They are overgrown children who probably wouldn't be academically eligible if it wasn't for the constant help of Ms Wagner.

I played college athletics and I believe there needs to be a healthy fear of your coach. You step out of line or mess up and you're going to get your ass chewed out. On the flip side,- coach needs to show genuine interest in the human beings and not just the guys as players. The kids that already had a chip on their shoulder and a bad attitude are the ones he clashed with most.
fistofsouth
CrottyKid said:

^ I wouldn't say they don't respect him because he's white. I would say they don't respect him because he is an unpredictable egotistical rage monster who gets off on taking advantage of everyone around him that he holds authority over. If I was that offensive coordinator, I would have shoved a headset down Buddy's fatass throat and then took the team over in a freaking coup. The players respected the OC, because he was real with them and obviously cared about them as human beings. Buddy couldn't care less.
Also hard to respect a guy that punches a ref one week and then calls his players thugs for trying to prevent their team mate from being stomped by the opposing team.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.