Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Check out this old mini Texas Aggie sword

4,821 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Cinco Ranch Aggie
schwack schwack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AFR because a full size one of these was once pulled on an SMU cheerleader, I don't normally post anywhere else & y'all know stuff.

I neighbor gave this to me. She found it in an old trunk of her grandmothers - so it's OLD - and there were no Aggies that she knows of in her family.

It's about 9.25" and appears to be silver plated. It has "TEXAS AGGIES" engraved on the sheath/scabbard and "US" on both sides of the blade.

CLIFF MOORE
Is is for sale?

cm'74
schwack schwack
AG
No, just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about it.
aggieclay
This is awesome!!
Al Bula
AG
Pretty damn cool
SommAg
AG
Champagne Saber?
ABATTBQ11
AG
I want one
schwack schwack
AG
It's a letter opener!

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/117042-miniature-sword-letter-opener/
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
Very cool.
schwack schwack
AG
I'd like to know how old it is. Her Grandma would be well over 100 now.
Lateralus Ag
AG
It is a saber.
agnatgas
AG
Al Bula
AG
Is it a heavy saber or is it a light saber?
MD20/20
AG
agnatgas said:

Greg Hood
I hated SMU at that time
Was sitting in lower part of second deck right above where this happened
wonder whatever happened to the guy
67walkon
Have the saber Claytie cut the ribbon at the dedication of the Williams Center
aeon-ag
MD20/20 said:

agnatgas said:

Greg Hood
I hated SMU at that time
Was sitting in lower part of second deck right above where this happened
wonder whatever happened to the guy
This guy was an idiot. It was one of the most dangerous things I ever saw at Kyle. It could have resulted in serious injury or death. One of those cheerleaders should have taken it away from him and whipped his butt!!!!
PooDoo
AG
aggiebrad94
AG
I was a 2nd or 3rd grader sitting in the $3 knot hole seats. Very scary and shameful dsiplay by hood. Was a big topic in the Texas Monthly Bum Steer awards that year.
Oldfart2
So the second dude from SMU did more damage than the guy with the saber?? Not only a stupid move but really bad swordsmanship.
DogCo84
AG
My grandfather had one and it truly is a tiny, detailed, non-edged, but fully working replica of a US Army Cavalry saber. I always thought it might have been a party favor or something? He was Class of '34, so it's at least that old.
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

My grandfather had one and it truly is a tiny, detailed, non-edged, but fully working replica of a US Army Cavalry saber. I always thought it might have been a party favor or something? He was Class of '34, so it's at least that old.

Thanks, DogCo84.
NoahAg
Quote:

She found it in an old trunk of her grandmothers
I guess an Aggie gave grandma the ol' saber.
Mr Ed
Was Greg Hood arrested and charged?
Hope so.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
When we played rice years ago maybe 10-15 we had a corps guy pull out his saber in someone... I remember it because my original texags name was banned for posting about it
schmellba99
AG
Mr Ed said:

Hope so.
Jesus, this is what is wrong with people today. Not every damned stupid thing done needs to have criminal charges levied.

Back then, something like this would be handled with PT until his butthole sucked buttermilk or something like that - but not with lawyers, cops and wasting court time.
aggiewilliford
schmellba99 said:

Mr Ed said:

Hope so.
Jesus, this is what is wrong with people today. Not every damned stupid thing done needs to have criminal charges levied.

Back then, something like this would be handled with PT until his butthole sucked buttermilk or something like that - but not with lawyers, cops and wasting court time.

Amen!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
My memory is not as good as it once was, but wasn't Hood expelled? Or kicked out of the Corps?

Whatever the case ended up being, it was a totally unacceptable move to draw that saber. I get the Corps' devotion to "protecting" Kyle Field - I am one who believes the idiot t-sips who rushed the field after the 1995 game deserved every thing they got that evening, and was truly impressed with the devotion shown by the guy, a Yell Leader perhaps, who rushed a still fully-dressed-out sip receiver who was trying to plant a sip flag in the EZ.

I believe this is the first time I have ever seen an actual video clip of the saber incident; I have only ever seen the black-and-white newspaper photo. From the video, it would appear that Hood wasn't even equipped to properly use that saber, and was bull-rushed by some SMU frat-boy to the ground.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.